Oxyana documentary to be released on ...

Oxyana documentary to be released on April 5, 2013

Posted in the Oceana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Front page of local newspaper has article about the much talked about documentary, Oxyana
I hope those responsible made a honest film, and not just played up the drama. I viewed the teaser trailer and must ask, why did someone allow the camera person to film them injecting what one can only assume is drugs? Good luck people of Oceana, you may need it after this film debutes!
Forget me not

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2013
I know I want to see this for sure
say what

AOL

#3 Mar 25, 2013
i kinda know the ppl who made it, it will be honest and true to the facts....it's just really sad
REALLY???

Logan, WV

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Will it air on TV and if so does anyone know what time & channel?
Mossy

Pineville, WV

#5 Mar 27, 2013
I just think its terrible that they pick Oceana to do a documentary about drug abuse. Yes it's bad there but not like these bigger cities. They just made us all look like a bunch of dumb drugged out hillbillies, like they always do. There are some great people and things around that area. But nobody will see that. It's sad.
Tom

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Mossy wrote:
I just think its terrible that they pick Oceana to do a documentary about drug abuse. Yes it's bad there but not like these bigger cities. They just made us all look like a bunch of dumb drugged out hillbillies, like they always do. There are some great people and things around that area. But nobody will see that. It's sad.
But true!
Tom

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Who was the first person in Oceana caught with drugs? Lived across in front of the COG.
1 post removed
sad

Sod, WV

#9 Mar 30, 2013
It's going to be sad no matter how you look at it
Curious

Pineville, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2013
How embarrassing for the local residents of the town of Oceana! What a disgrace!
Truth

Beckley, WV

#11 Apr 2, 2013
This film wasn't made to make us as West Virginians look bad, if you want something that makes us look bad, look at "Buckwild".

It's high time we get a real good look at just what exactly we've ignored all these years.
Right

Valley Head, WV

#12 Apr 3, 2013
It really is time that everyone gets a look at just exactly what has been ignored maybe when it's not put under the rug like dirt someone will try to help out in the community not just the law enforcement but some kind of rehab facility needs put down there not methadone not suboxone a real rehab where you go in and stay 30-60 days and come off cold turkey not trade 1 for another!! That would make a big difference! The only ones I see trying to make a difference are the ones at One Voice they try hard to help people!
ok yeah

Summersville, WV

#13 Apr 4, 2013
well is it gonna be on tv and if so what channel...
Date

Decatur, AL

#14 Apr 4, 2013
Oxyana (2013) Country Date
USA 19 April 2013 (Tribeca Film Festival)(premiere)
no way

Pineville, WV

#15 Apr 6, 2013
Right wrote:
It really is time that everyone gets a look at just exactly what has been ignored maybe when it's not put under the rug like dirt someone will try to help out in the community not just the law enforcement but some kind of rehab facility needs put down there not methadone not suboxone a real rehab where you go in and stay 30-60 days and come off cold turkey not trade 1 for another!! That would make a big difference! The only ones I see trying to make a difference are the ones at One Voice they try hard to help people!
one voice has one of the biggest drug dealers in Wyoming county working for them!The problem Wyoming county has their always looking at the people on welfare or the down and out as the cause of the drug problem,when they should be looking at the teachers,preachers,lawyers,mag istrates,cops,senators and those who are in charge of handeling the problem...but who are part of the problem with their hand in the cookie jar. So easy to throw the blame on the down and out and the ones on welfare...in fact I was personally told by one of the higher up goodie two shoes,that no one would ever belive that they were a dealer because of their status in the community! Church goer,activist against drug dealers...and is a drug dealer them selves! There is your problem! Why don't I report these people???? lol Do you feel like going to jail today? or waking up dead? Besides,know one would belive me anyway.....the truth will come out on it's own sooner or later!
question

Charleston, WV

#16 Apr 6, 2013
Is it going to be on the 19th of April?
1 post removed
sad

Meadow Bridge, WV

#18 Apr 6, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
one voice has one of the biggest drug dealers in Wyoming county working for them!The problem Wyoming county has their always looking at the people on welfare or the down and out as the cause of the drug problem,when they should be looking at the teachers,preachers,lawyers,mag istrates,cops,senators and those who are in charge of handeling the problem...but who are part of the problem with their hand in the cookie jar. So easy to throw the blame on the down and out and the ones on welfare...in fact I was personally told by one of the higher up goodie two shoes,that no one would ever belive that they were a dealer because of their status in the community! Church goer,activist against drug dealers...and is a drug dealer them selves! There is your problem! Why don't I report these people???? lol Do you feel like going to jail today? or waking up dead? Besides,know one would belive me anyway.....the truth will come out on it's own sooner or later!
& who would that be? The biggest drug dealer in Wyoming County thats working for them? If your going to say it say a name! You better watch who your talking about because I'm telling you RIGHT NOW if you start on Deb or Candy things can get real personal! I am not claiming to be no high and mighty Christian, but I love those women to death and know they are WONDERFUL people and dont believe for a SECOND they would let a drug dealer work there! So get your facts straight!
Voice of recovery

Alexandria, VA

#19 Apr 9, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
& who would that be? The biggest drug dealer in Wyoming County thats working for them? If your going to say it say a name! You better watch who your talking about because I'm telling you RIGHT NOW if you start on Deb or Candy things can get real personal! I am not claiming to be no high and mighty Christian, but I love those women to death and know they are WONDERFUL people and dont believe for a SECOND they would let a drug dealer work there! So get your facts straight!
I agree you def need get facts straight they are one of the few that are making a difference in peoples lives
People come there for help, NOT to do drug deals maybe they need show you prayer room
questioneer

Charleston, WV

#20 Apr 13, 2013
Is it going to be the 19th of April, on USA channel?
To tall

Tornado, WV

#21 Apr 13, 2013
Well if your not on drugs nor any members of your family friends you can decided what to do for l think some don't want to change they don't want what others want for its easy to stay out of it but believe me someday the party well be over and its going too be sink or swim.SSI and huds going down the drain.
Wondering

Hanover, WV

#22 Apr 14, 2013
Does anyone have a link I can go to about this? About when and what time it's going to be aired on TV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 7 min luci 9,803
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 10 min luci 4,494
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr apple 1,257
Why do some guys like loud mufflers? (Apr '08) 2 hr George Jones 119
Coal Miners 3 hr debbie 13
lady who works for Thomas Evans the new whorebo... 4 hr bitch 1
Cps getting guardianship or custody (Sep '11) 5 hr bitch 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceana Mortgages