Which issues are most important to you....

Posted in the Oceana Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2012
My New Name

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 5, 2012
when you're trying to decide which candidate would be the better president?
alv

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 5, 2012
there should be only one no more oboma.

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

#3 Oct 5, 2012
I think it is important that the information the candidates spew is true instead of just sounding good. The "fact checkers" have been so busy - but more surprising is how many un-truths have been presented by the politicians. I'm kidding, that's not surprising at all, is it?
My New Name

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 5, 2012
alv wrote:
there should be only one no more oboma.
I know many people feel the same way as you. But, personally, I don't wanna just vote against someone. I want to vote for someone.
My New Name

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I think it is important that the information the candidates spew is true instead of just sounding good. The "fact checkers" have been so busy - but more surprising is how many un-truths have been presented by the politicians. I'm kidding, that's not surprising at all, is it?
Wouldn't it be wonderful if our presidential candidates could only speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?'Course then the fact checkers would be out of a job.

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#6 Oct 5, 2012
I solid, fair, fiscal platform that will create jobs and get us out of this horrendous debt. If we can find a candidate that can do that, I believe this country will be so much better off.
My New Name

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 5, 2012
FDG wrote:
I solid, fair, fiscal platform that will create jobs and get us out of this horrendous debt. If we can find a candidate that can do that, I believe this country will be so much better off.
I think we need a good 3rd party candidate.

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#8 Oct 6, 2012
My New Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we need a good 3rd party candidate.
I won't disagree with that. The two party system sucks.

Level 6

Pineville, WV

#9 Oct 7, 2012
I listened to Jon Stewart's ideas about the healthcare issue and meshed them with my own. This is how I think it should go..

Every person must have health insurance, but just for himself. Each person must have their own, individual insurance policy. Parents would be responsible for purchasing individual insurance for each of their children, so 10 kids/10 policies, and the insurance would be purchased directly from the insurance companies - leaving the business owners not at all responsible for providing insurance for their employees. Insurance would be available for every person, even those with outrageous pre-existing health problems, and there would be no reason every single person would not have health insurance. But, what if they can't afford to buy insurance for all the family members? Those people earning below a pre-determined income would qualify for the free government insurance - which is sort of how it is now. Perhaps as a condition for receiving free health insurance, a person must complete nutrition and preventative care education requirements in hopes that fewer people would need to go to the dr. if they took responsibility for keeping themselves healthy.

1 post removed

Level 6

Pineville, WV

#11 Oct 22, 2012
Tonight's debate will be about foreign policies.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#12 Oct 22, 2012
FDG wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't disagree with that. The two party system sucks.
but as long as it sucks well......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 59 min bacon hater 57,065
Who got fit i town 7 hr stop trashing 44
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 7 hr -Lily- 1,597
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 9 hr 40ish 7,882
Word Association... (Jun '12) 10 hr _Zoey_ 1,110
violence 13 hr Curious 7
Keys lost on June 1st (Jun '13) 19 hr Reward for lost keys 8
•••
•••
Oceana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••