Why do parents always THINK they know whats best for everyone but them?

Posted in the Oceana Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oceana

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

Parents always wants best for their children, but they go around it the wrong way! They want what they want and don't think about others feelings. The parents aren't happy in their own life so they cause emotional hurt on everyone around them! I mean if they HATE all their children's spouses and GF, but ONE... then they have serious issues of their own they need to work on.... like there relationship with their own spouse!
Draper boy

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

Oceana wrote:
Parents always wants best for their children, but they go around it the wrong way! They want what they want and don't think about others feelings. The parents aren't happy in their own life so they cause emotional hurt on everyone around them! I mean if they HATE all their children's spouses and GF, but ONE... then they have serious issues of their own they need to work on.... like there relationship with their own spouse!
think you i'm glad that someone see it my way ..
Cindy N

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

and what is the right way lol

Level 1

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

I am tired of parents trying to outdo everyone. Really, if everything you own is really owned by a bank, you could lose it all in a blink of an eye. I don't care if you have to get a brand new car every year to feel good about yourself. If something awful, like, I don't know, a major layoff or injury would happen.. At least I know everything including the roof over my head is paid for and won't have to resort to selling dope just to look like I have money. I'd save $100,000 if I had to just so I won't owe a greedy bank corporation.
LOL

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

I think alot of parents want their children to prosper and have a good life. Most parents nowdays are still having to raise their ADULT children!! Adult children either still live on Mom & Dad, or Mom & Dad help support them in someway, even if they aren't still at home. That is why most parents DO know whats best!! I have noticed that most of the age catagory starting from mid 30's on down to 18 are still very dependant on their parents. They milk their parents dry, but then wonder as to WHY they think their parents stick their nose where it don't belong! I still have an adult child living in my home and as long as they are living under my roof, then they will abide by my household rules or they can simply get the hell out, simple as that!! If a parent treats their child as a child instead of an adult then that is because they see them as a child!! Parents can't even push grown adult children out of the nest nowdays, they are to immature and don't have the know how of surviving on their own. Not all, but the biggest majority of grown children are like this. As a parent of an adult child still living at home, it gets very damn tiresome. You raise your kids and then when they graduate you think it is time for you, but WRONG!!! Most parents are even having to raise their grandchildren now, instead of being able to enjoy them and let them go back home with supposedly that childs mom or dad! It is very hard for a parent to tell their adult child that no they cannot live with them but believe me, it does get tiresome from being used and taken for granted!! The adult children of today need to GROW THE HELL UP and take on responsibility, instead of depending on good ole Mom & Dad!! God help this world if we are to depend on todays teenagers and adult children to keep it going or to pay in taxes, because most are to lazy to even lift a spoon to it's damn mouth!! To many young, lazy, healthy 20 and 30 yr olds on SSI, I mean bullshit!! Teenage girls popping out babies one right after another with no job, no education, and no means of supporting that child and that just shows how irresponsible they are. There is no excuse for any female to get pregnant nowdays unless they plan it that way, because there is to many free birth control methods now. But who do you think will have to raise that teenagers baby, THE GRANDPARENTS of course!!! Most adult/teenage children are pillheads also, Not all, but most!! I have seen some responsible teenagers and adult children, but few and far between. So, if you feel that your parents are butting into your business or sticking their nose where it don't belong, then ask yourself some of the things I have just mentioned!!!!!
Amen

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

LOL wrote:
I think alot of parents want their children to prosper and have a good life. Most parents nowdays are still having to raise their ADULT children!! Adult children either still live on Mom & Dad, or Mom & Dad help support them in someway, even if they aren't still at home. That is why most parents DO know whats best!! I have noticed that most of the age catagory starting from mid 30's on down to 18 are still very dependant on their parents. They milk their parents dry, but then wonder as to WHY they think their parents stick their nose where it don't belong! I still have an adult child living in my home and as long as they are living under my roof, then they will abide by my household rules or they can simply get the hell out, simple as that!! If a parent treats their child as a child instead of an adult then that is because they see them as a child!! Parents can't even push grown adult children out of the nest nowdays, they are to immature and don't have the know how of surviving on their own. Not all, but the biggest majority of grown children are like this. As a parent of an adult child still living at home, it gets very damn tiresome. You raise your kids and then when they graduate you think it is time for you, but WRONG!!! Most parents are even having to raise their grandchildren now, instead of being able to enjoy them and let them go back home with supposedly that childs mom or dad! It is very hard for a parent to tell their adult child that no they cannot live with them but believe me, it does get tiresome from being used and taken for granted!! The adult children of today need to GROW THE HELL UP and take on responsibility, instead of depending on good ole Mom & Dad!! God help this world if we are to depend on todays teenagers and adult children to keep it going or to pay in taxes, because most are to lazy to even lift a spoon to it's damn mouth!! To many young, lazy, healthy 20 and 30 yr olds on SSI, I mean bullshit!! Teenage girls popping out babies one right after another with no job, no education, and no means of supporting that child and that just shows how irresponsible they are. There is no excuse for any female to get pregnant nowdays unless they plan it that way, because there is to many free birth control methods now. But who do you think will have to raise that teenagers baby, THE GRANDPARENTS of course!!! Most adult/teenage children are pillheads also, Not all, but most!! I have seen some responsible teenagers and adult children, but few and far between. So, if you feel that your parents are butting into your business or sticking their nose where it don't belong, then ask yourself some of the things I have just mentioned!!!!!
YES

Since: May 09

Oceana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Well I think the parents that live off their kids need to grow up
breath

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Amen wrote:
<quoted text> YES
Well I will put it to u like this, if you are one of the parents u speak of, then this would be your own fault! Stop giving them money, and giving them a place to live. Why sit and complain about it, if you don't do anything about it?? U are the one that keeps giving them money, buying and preparing their food. Paying for their rides,and so on.... so this falls back into ur lap. Don't complain if you ain't got the balls to stop it.... U need to let their Balls drop. Make them get their own place, buy and prepare their own foods... pay their own bills... LOL ppl crack me up!
Let Me breath

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

My mom is an enabler. Yes she has done a lot for me and I am thankful for her help. I do not live with my mother and I have my own place. This is my proble with my mother. She put her noise where it does not belong telling me how to raise my twin daughters and my youngest daughter she do not deal with. Because I had her and I was not married,O an by the way I was 35 when I had her. Job, place to live. My mother talke about me to my twins like a dog. So here is the problem one of my twins has two kids, do not take good care of the kids, want to party and do not want to follow the rules of my house. My mother told me I should give her my youngest kids who I am responsable for room I told her no so she said give her your room I told her no. I had to put the oldest twin out for being disrespectful and call the cops on my because I close the door and would not open it. So now my mother told me I should let her back in and I told her no. So now I am getting blame for my mother marrage on the rock, and her health problem. She told me I disappoint her and she reminded me all the money she gave, spent on me. So I should do what she say. But she forget I paid her back and all the money she has spent on my bother and have not gotten a dime and they dis her all the time and they use her. So how do you deal with some one like that.
justsayen

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

LOL wrote:
This is just streight to the point and i agree 110% if parents let their children get away with it, it the parents fault. A little tuff love sometimes goes a long way. give em an inch and they take a mile. so teach them to be self supporting and force them to live it. instead of being leaches to friends, family, and the state...
a mother

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

if parents would sit back and look at their own actions and how they have raised their children, it all falls back into your own lap. You are the one to teach them, but we have to start at a young age teaching them, not waiting till they are adults, then expect the children to know how to do things on their own. Stop giving so much, responsibility starts at a young age...
OHai

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

One day when you grow up and stop being so Immature you'll realize that the things your parents do for you are for your own GOOD. In the future keep your personal business to yourself. No need bad mouthing your parents on Topix.
Nunyabiz

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

OHai wrote:
One day when you grow up and stop being so Immature you'll realize that the things your parents do for you are for your own GOOD. In the future keep your personal business to yourself. No need bad mouthing your parents on Topix.
Um, excuse me, but who do you think you are? Judging my your snide, self-absorbed comment, you MUST be a parent. Only a parent thinks that all parents deserve honor and can do no wrong. And how the hell is the OP being immature? He/she actually has a very good point. No matter who you are or how much you know, you do not truly know what is best for your children. Only GOD knows what is best for all of His children. How dare you compare ordinary human parents to the Almighty!

Oh, and if you're an atheist, then how about this: there are many, many, MANY parents out there who deliberately do things that they know are NOT for their children's own good. There are parents who go out and party while their kids are home alone going without dinner for the fifth night in a row. There are kids with no toys, not even a decent pair of shoes that fit, because their parents would rather spend money on crack than their kids. And don't get me started on all the parents who force their kids to help them commit crimes, and parents who molest and torture their own children, or even kill them! And YOU have the gall to imply that all parents deserve honor?

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Nunyabiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, excuse me, but who do you think you are? Judging my your snide, self-absorbed comment, you MUST be a parent. Only a parent thinks that all parents deserve honor and can do no wrong. And how the hell is the OP being immature? He/she actually has a very good point. No matter who you are or how much you know, you do not truly know what is best for your children. Only GOD knows what is best for all of His children. How dare you compare ordinary human parents to the Almighty!
Oh, and if you're an atheist, then how about this: there are many, many, MANY parents out there who deliberately do things that they know are NOT for their children's own good. There are parents who go out and party while their kids are home alone going without dinner for the fifth night in a row. There are kids with no toys, not even a decent pair of shoes that fit, because their parents would rather spend money on crack than their kids. And don't get me started on all the parents who force their kids to help them commit crimes, and parents who molest and torture their own children, or even kill them! And YOU have the gall to imply that all parents deserve honor?
Isn't "honor your mother and father" one of the 10 Commandments?

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Adults kids today need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions and stop whining about everything. How hard they have it. (luckily not all of them are like this).

“I am just me!”

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Let Me breath wrote:
My mom is an enabler. Yes she has done a lot for me and I am thankful for her help. I do not live with my mother and I have my own place. This is my proble with my mother. She put her noise where it does not belong telling me how to raise my twin daughters and my youngest daughter she do not deal with. Because I had her and I was not married,O an by the way I was 35 when I had her. Job, place to live. My mother talke about me to my twins like a dog. So here is the problem one of my twins has two kids, do not take good care of the kids, want to party and do not want to follow the rules of my house. My mother told me I should give her my youngest kids who I am responsable for room I told her no so she said give her your room I told her no. I had to put the oldest twin out for being disrespectful and call the cops on my because I close the door and would not open it. So now my mother told me I should let her back in and I told her no. So now I am getting blame for my mother marrage on the rock, and her health problem. She told me I disappoint her and she reminded me all the money she gave, spent on me. So I should do what she say. But she forget I paid her back and all the money she has spent on my bother and have not gotten a dime and they dis her all the time and they use her. So how do you deal with some one like that.
I think that you are a grown woman. You do not owe anyone anything. Your mother chose to help you and to give you money, no matter if you paid it back or not, that is not the point. The point is you run your house hold the way you sit fit. DO not do something because someone is trying to force you to. If you feel your daughter does not deserve to move back in, then don't let her. Take care of your family the best way you can. Let your children know you love them but it is time for them to do for themselves. I am guessing since your daughter has 2 children they are adult children. It is time for them to grow wings and fly from the nest and make homes for themselves. They will never be able to live on their own if they are not made to do so. Good luck.

“I am just me!”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Nunyabiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all parents deserve anything. But from a religious stand point that has been brought out in this forum, We all our suppose to honor thy mother and father. As stated above it is part of the commandments. So deserving or not, we are suppose to. Not all parents should be parents, there are some out there that should not even own a pet.

“I am just me!”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

And when I stated not all parents deserve anything. I was going to put not all parents deserve anything accept ???? It was going to be something bad so I just left it at that.:)

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Take Pride in History wrote:
<quoted text> Not all parents deserve anything. But from a religious stand point that has been brought out in this forum, We all our suppose to honor thy mother and father. As stated above it is part of the commandments. So deserving or not, we are suppose to. Not all parents should be parents, there are some out there that should not even own a pet.
I got some favorable judgments for mentioning the 10 Commandments, but it was really a reminder to Christians not to be hypocritical. I am not a Christian, so I am not "required" to honor my parents - even though I do because I love them and they only act the way they do because they love me.

Parents are just people who care very much (sometimes TOO much) about what their kids are doing, no matter how old they are. Any adult can disregard their parent's opinion and any parent can withdraw their support of their grown children. Just do it, if you want to.

Its the underage children who are at the mercy of their parents. It is the parent's responsibility to support their kids AND be concerned about what those kids are doing. It is the parent's right to make their child's decisions for them and force them to act right even when they don't want to. Kids might not like it, but after 18 years, the problem can go away if the kid is ambitious enough to separate themselves from the "problem" of overbearing parents.

The real problems are the crappy parents who deserve no honor from anyone, including their own children - and any parent who involves their children with adult themes or crimes, like drugs, like sexual activities, like fighting or beating people OR parents who neglect their children are committing child abuse and should be removed from the position as "parent". THESE parents are a disgrace and their children need to be protected from them.

I do not agree with honoring your parents when they do not deserve to be honored.

“I am just me!”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
I got some favorable judgments for mentioning the 10 Commandments, but it was really a reminder to Christians not to be hypocritical. I am not a Christian, so I am not "required" to honor my parents - even though I do because I love them and they only act the way they do because they love me.
Parents are just people who care very much (sometimes TOO much) about what their kids are doing, no matter how old they are. Any adult can disregard their parent's opinion and any parent can withdraw their support of their grown children. Just do it, if you want to.
Its the underage children who are at the mercy of their parents. It is the parent's responsibility to support their kids AND be concerned about what those kids are doing. It is the parent's right to make their child's decisions for them and force them to act right even when they don't want to. Kids might not like it, but after 18 years, the problem can go away if the kid is ambitious enough to separate themselves from the "problem" of overbearing parents.
The real problems are the crappy parents who deserve no honor from anyone, including their own children - and any parent who involves their children with adult themes or crimes, like drugs, like sexual activities, like fighting or beating people OR parents who neglect their children are committing child abuse and should be removed from the position as "parent". THESE parents are a disgrace and their children need to be protected from them.
I do not agree with honoring your parents when they do not deserve to be honored.
I completely agree and could not have stated it better myself.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Oceana Forum right now

Search the Oceana Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
It's raining eggs 2 hr maybe 8
Baby/Household Showers & MEN?? 2 hr Ms Prissy 2
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr Iknowthetruth 43,286
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 7 hr _Zoey_ 7,368
Man on Facebook 7 hr Wilbur 5
Druggies at Mcdonalds 7 hr Wilbur 61
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) 10 hr tax 5,633
•••
•••
•••
Oceana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oceana Jobs