First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 23, 2012
I sure am excited our President is going to close all the Coal Mines and do away with all coal powered power plants looks like to me the people of WV need to learn to pick apples or work at Walmart maybe some of you all welfare recipents and SSI people can go to work now and pay your fair share. All I can say start looking for another state to move too cause the coal mines is just about done waiting on Obama to pull the plug and can't wait.
1 post removed
toco bell

Welch, WV

#3 Nov 23, 2012
watch and see obama is going to put the coal miners back to work the 1st january he is trying to make it safe for the miners they will be so manny jobs around here watch and see
Yahoo

Pineville, WV

#4 Nov 23, 2012
oBAMA DA MAN wrote:
I sure am excited our President is going to close all the Coal Mines and do away with all coal powered power plants looks like to me the people of WV need to learn to pick apples or work at Walmart maybe some of you all welfare recipents and SSI people can go to work now and pay your fair share. All I can say start looking for another state to move too cause the coal mines is just about done waiting on Obama to pull the plug and can't wait.
Your a dumbass and must be a very young dumbass at that. Same ole thing took place back in the 80's and Obama wasn't president then and the coal industry survived and made a comeback and it will again. About every 10 yrs the coal industry will go through this!! You need to do some research ole smart one...LMAO
BossesWife

Morgantown, WV

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Usually I dont post on this stuff, but I think part of our problem is people are "eco-friendly" get their word out while those of us who support coal have tried to act rationally, and just let it slide, and we need to open our mouths and stand for what we belive in just as strongly. I am a VERY PROUD STRIP MINNERS WIFE & DAUGHTER!!! I want to say COAL and my husbands HARD WORK feeds our 3 children and puts a rood over our heads, and all these "manufactuing jobs" Obama claims to be making, are minimum wage jobs and you cant save a college fund with $7.25 an hour, heck you cant pay the bills with a minimum wage job. Coal keeps the cost of electricity down, which helps everyone. Coal Miners provide the income to places like Wal Mart, so without them spending thier money there, they would go out of buisness, not to mention most of your Mom and Pop stores. Other than the people on Medicare and Medicaid, there are very few jobs in this area that provide health insurance (and dont get me started on Obama Care) so people need to also look at the trickle effect it would have on this area. Theres no way I could pay for my daughters glasses if we didnt have insurace. What is your reason for hating coal anyway? Is the the mountains, because if it is, consider God made our mountains but he was also the one who decided that fossilised plants make coal rather than just dirt, and that steam coal makes power, and met coal makes steel. Is it because of the future? Dont you think that other stuff we put in the air do just as much damage, and why worry about the future is our children starve to death first, and I'm sorry if my husband and myself would rather work for what we have than bearly scrap by living off the state. Speaking of the state, where do you get off even putting SSI and Welfair recipients and Coal Miners in the same descusion? My husband is FAR from being a "check drawer" he has worked on a strip for 15 years and been a foreman on a stip for atleast 8. He has never worked a 40 hour week, never drawn a low earnings slip, on a normal week, he works 12 to 14 hours and day, 6 to 7 days a week, and I admire him for getting up everyday, when he leaves the house at 4:30 am so our children dont live thier lives bearly getting by. Coal pays for dance class, cub scout uniforms, piano lessons, birthday parties, and anything else they get to do so that they can reach thier full potential!!! Coal will make a come back, if you havent heard we are getting involved with the war between Isreal and Gaza, and if we go to war, what are our armys weapons made of? STEELE which is made with coal, so you can look for an increase in the need for coal. I hate to rant, but no one who is against coal can see further and the nose on thier face, eventually it will effect you also.
BossesWife

Morgantown, WV

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Sorry about some of the typos

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Brenton, WV

#7 Nov 23, 2012
This is silly. You think Obama is going to ban coal mining? What Obama has done is to make coal a little less profitable by forcing mining companies to follow EPA regulation - like they should have been following all along. All US businesses are required to follow regulations to avoid polluting and contaminating the land and people that are nearby and mining companies have disregarded these rules for too long. Over the past decades, mining companies have found it to be less expensive to ignore the rules and pay the fines when the EPA catches them. THAT was a big problem and Obama supported the EPA by raising fines that would force companies to respect the regulations. Coal can be removed from mountains without destroying the mountains and contaminating the surrounding soil, air, and water. Obama is making coal companies take responsibility for the damage they cause and it's about time, if you ask me.
not

Oceana, WV

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
This is silly. You think Obama is going to ban coal mining? What Obama has done is to make coal a little less profitable by forcing mining companies to follow EPA regulation - like they should have been following all along. All US businesses are required to follow regulations to avoid polluting and contaminating the land and people that are nearby and mining companies have disregarded these rules for too long. Over the past decades, mining companies have found it to be less expensive to ignore the rules and pay the fines when the EPA catches them. THAT was a big problem and Obama supported the EPA by raising fines that would force companies to respect the regulations. Coal can be removed from mountains without destroying the mountains and contaminating the surrounding soil, air, and water. Obama is making coal companies take responsibility for the damage they cause and it's about time, if you ask me.
my guess you were never a miner?
interessted

Ripley, WV

#9 Nov 24, 2012
i am a miner an been one for 37 years an one man did not do this. the work will return jus give it time besides what can we do about it not a dang thing
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#10 Nov 24, 2012
can you say 7.25 heck you will rank up there with the walmart workers but thats right they deserve any more putting up with your all dumb buts out blowing money you don't have to hear you say but yet you all drive fine pic ups hard times are comeing and its gonna be WV to feel the rath of it and I can't wait .
toco bell

Welch, WV

#11 Nov 24, 2012
i have been a strip minner for 30 years i hate chicken farmers i would rather die to work there i love coal you allways here about people putting us down if it was not for coal you would be in the dark a long long long time ago lets see how many coal minners can put other states down i love my stste if you dont like it why do you come here tell me.
1 post removed
country boy

Pineville, WV

#13 Nov 24, 2012
sure hope wv survives, it doesn't look good
tree hugger

Huntington, WV

#14 Nov 24, 2012
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I am from Wv and my family have all been miners. I respect our miners for what they do in order to make a living for their families. I also believe that there has to be a better way than destroying our mountains to mine coal and if there has to be a choice between mining coal or mountains being destroyed, I choose to have my mountains intact.
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#15 Nov 24, 2012
toco bell wrote:
i have been a strip minner for 30 years i hate chicken farmers i would rather die to work there i love coal you allways here about people putting us down if it was not for coal you would be in the dark a long long long time ago lets see how many coal minners can put other states down i love my stste if you dont like it why do you come here tell me.
sounds like you got you a new job lined up I will take 2 soft tocos and a mexican pizza ol yea and a large coke
Mad as Hell

Huntington, WV

#16 Nov 24, 2012
tree hugger wrote:
<quoted text>I am from Wv and my family have all been miners. I respect our miners for what they do in order to make a living for their families. I also believe that there has to be a better way than destroying our mountains to mine coal and if there has to be a choice between mining coal or mountains being destroyed, I choose to have my mountains intact.
We need to level every mountain in Southern WV we need the flat land for future development!
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Mad as Hell wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to level every mountain in Southern WV we need the flat land for future development!
Yea your pill heads need wide open places that way they can cover more ground lol
tjw

Welch, WV

#18 Nov 24, 2012
This sickens me people, they say all we have to do is follow all the regulations set by epa, are you so nieve to beleive that. we the us polutes 1% of the bad air in the world. china is at 25% do you hear of china shutting down because of epa hell no, even if china follows all regulations or not they are still at 25% wow. and they are worried about what we put in the air. China has set there kids up for a great future, while we set and worry if we have poluted there air. F--K the epa they are trying to fix a problem that dont need fixed in the us. when it comes to safety around the mines that puts someone in danger it needs, and must be corrected imedietly, and if not then they should be wrote a violation and any means neccesary to fix the problem,but these inspectors write as many violations as possible hoping one or two will stick, they are also shutting down the mines, they should be there to help, not to hurt the future of the mines. I can go on and on but it never helps. everything about the gov. politicians,state, etc are so corrupt they have sold us out.
toco bell

Welch, WV

#19 Nov 24, 2012
what about tree hugger they cut all the trees it rain washer the dirt and rock away what left .toco bell is just a name on here like tree hugger or oBAMO DE MAN I WILL STRIP MINE ALL OF THE COAL AT LEAST WE DO RE CLAIM THE LAND SO IF YOU DONT LIKE WEST VIRGINA YOU CAN KISS MY ASS
to obama da man

Newton, NC

#20 Nov 24, 2012
You are crazy i would not want to live in Charlotte they are more druges in Charlotte & I see on the news every day someone is murdered there. I also hope with nuclear enery your power bill goes way up. I support the coal miners.
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#21 Nov 25, 2012
to obama da man wrote:
You are crazy i would not want to live in Charlotte they are more druges in Charlotte & I see on the news every day someone is murdered there. I also hope with nuclear enery your power bill goes way up. I support the coal miners.
For your info I am not from Charlotte lol I am from right here in good ol Oceana and yes I am a coal miner as well and what we do to the land is going to come back on us just like the flood we had in the past. Strip Mining is a big hoax I am all for deep mines but srtip mines never and I say never gets put back. And there are plenty of ways to mine coal in a clean way the COMPANYS just don't want to spend the bucks to do so. If you were as old as I when a company was a company they gave back to the community and did not rape piliage and theve from there workers.
oBAMA DA MAN

Charlotte, NC

#22 Nov 25, 2012
toco bell wrote:
what about tree hugger they cut all the trees it rain washer the dirt and rock away what left .toco bell is just a name on here like tree hugger or oBAMO DE MAN I WILL STRIP MINE ALL OF THE COAL AT LEAST WE DO RE CLAIM THE LAND SO IF YOU DONT LIKE WEST VIRGINA YOU CAN KISS MY ASS
Yea and if a flood comes and washes Oceana away and you and I with it we won't have to worry about it now will we . You don't put the land back are you trying to ease your concience or mine. And yes coal will be a thing of the past wait and see greed has killed coal !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,896
Word Association... (Jun '12) 6 hr Theo 1,652
Molly moocher time 12 hr blade 7
marcy b. 13 hr oh guy 1
Word game (Jun '12) 13 hr Theo 921
Song Title Game (Dec '11) Sat Theo 933
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) Sat Theo 8,795
More from around the web

Oceana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE