What is your opinion on year round sc...

What is your opinion on year round schooling

Posted in the Oceana Forum

Joe

Oceana, WV

#1 Sep 8, 2010
I don't think its a very good idea.
Why

Lillington, NC

#2 Sep 9, 2010
Why not?
WHS mother

Pineville, WV

#3 Sep 9, 2010
It isn't a good idea because even children need a break. There would be more high school drop outs if there were year round school...I'm sure.
mom

Pineville, WV

#4 Sep 9, 2010
i agree with whs mother..it wouldnt be a good idea...they spend more than enough time in the classrooms now... too much time actually...they get bored with school in the last few months and it would only cause more failure for them and the school system..and as a parent i wouldnt want that for my kids...
LMAO

Brenton, WV

#5 Sep 9, 2010
No it's not a very good idea!
would work

Charleston, WV

#6 Sep 9, 2010
I think it would work great for many reasosn!
Mainly the information would stay fresh in the students mind and they would not forget it so easily like they do over the summer.
We get more breaks evry few weeks!
Why

Lillington, NC

#7 Sep 9, 2010
What you people dont understand, is they get 3 weeks off every 9 weeks, and 6 weeks in the summer.
When we were chosing schools for our daughter, we looked at a year round and a traditional one and I had the same concerns about time off and the traditional school had one day off more than the year round, same time off just spreaded around through out the year.
school

New Richmond, WV

#8 Sep 10, 2010
3 months off
Open Minded

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2010
I always loved having my children home for the summer to do things with them that we couldn't do during the school year, and to just enjoy the sense of freedom that comes during summer vacation. There is much to be learned through play, and our kids have such tightly structured lives these days, with school, homework, extra-curricular activities and chores at home, they need time to just be kids.

Three weeks off every 9 weeks just wouldn't be the same, in my opinion. It would be more of a hassle in scheduling and planning, and hard keeping everyone "in the groove".
school girl

Madison, WV

#10 Sep 10, 2010
hate it
1 post removed
Aaron

Blacksburg, SC

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Why don't we just left the schools raise our children? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of it I think people need to be allowed to vote on it. IT WILL change your whole life around. I went to that meeting yesterday and asked why we were not allowed to vote on it did not get an answer! Just gonna shove this down our throats and tell us we're going to have to adjust to it. I safely go to all your school in everyone keep the kids home until they go back to the regular schedule.
As IF

Washington, DC

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Would it cost any more in taxes??

If so, NO!!
noway

Oceana, WV

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Way to much bullying ...my child quite westside and for 2 years Ms hall & Ms Marsh &Ms Norman. And Cps and DHHR NEW. So no..no more school. Than they have to attend!""" """

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 6 hr Jonas 736
Any Personal trainers in wyoming county? 9 hr DowhatsRIGHT 7
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 21 hr Intrepid Surfer 3,532
Word Association... (Jun '12) 22 hr Intrepid Surfer 1,853
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 22 hr Intrepid Surfer 8,934
WV Veterans Relief Fund (Jul '10) Thu Bert 35
Poll how long should u wait to date after your spous... (Nov '09) Thu Ramos 97
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceana Mortgages