Public Intox/Drugs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Warriormine, WV

#1 Jul 28, 2009
I know this has been beat to death on here but who am I to stop the beating. I drove through town today and witnessed S finishing off a 40 ounce beer beside the road, I have saw people drinking in city limits along side the road lately more than I ever have in the past. It seems that the town of Oceana is choosing to ignore any laws against public intoxication. What ever you feel about the homeless people is not the point here the fact that the law is being ignored is the point. Also as I have stated several times in the past Drug laws are ignored as well, you can tell anytime a "shipment" comes in all the known users are buzzing like bees yet the law doesnt' seem to notice and really I have come to terms with them doing nothing about it but this forum is set up to give opinions about news and to me there is no bigger news facing this area than the open use of alchol along the streets of town and open selling of illegal drugs in the whole area with the only arrests just seemingly symbolic ones. Life is getting more and more stressful in this area because you never know what will be next because of all the crime that is aloud to go in and it appears we will have to live with it or move....and thats a shame.
JustSayin

AOL

#2 Jul 28, 2009
I agree, if it was something that would at least look like they were trying to hide to do it, it wouldnt be so bad, but people are doing these things right there on the streets and nothing is being done about it...
These people doing this, dont try to hide what they are doing, I was with my small child the other day at speed way and 3 cars pulled in and made a big deal right there in the parking lot in front of us... thats whats so sad is that all these kids growing up int his little small town has to see all this stuff going on, and if a kid knows what going on shouldnt the cops????

Level 1

Warriormine, WV

#3 Jul 28, 2009
JustSayin wrote:
I agree, if it was something that would at least look like they were trying to hide to do it, it wouldnt be so bad, but people are doing these things right there on the streets and nothing is being done about it...
These people doing this, dont try to hide what they are doing, I was with my small child the other day at speed way and 3 cars pulled in and made a big deal right there in the parking lot in front of us... thats whats so sad is that all these kids growing up int his little small town has to see all this stuff going on, and if a kid knows what going on shouldnt the cops????
I dont' think it is a matter of knowing, they do know, its a matter of lack of doing anything....and it goes to the whole justice system in this county.
one track

Pineville, WV

#4 Jul 28, 2009
I AGREE NO ONE DOWN THERE R DOING THEIR JOBS IF IT WAS A PERSON THAT WASNT A DRUNKK THEY WOULD ARREST THEM BECAUSE THEY COULD GET THEIR MONEY OUT OF THEM FOR THEIR STAY AT THE JAIL BUT A DRUNK CAN GET BY WITH IT
crazy

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2009
The cops run up and down the streets all day long..But they never do anything..You see them sitting and talking with the town trash..But they never arrest them..But let someone go 2 miles over the speed limit and see what happens..I guess thier afraid if u speed in town ..you may hit some of the trash, thats out bumming and hoing on the streets..It's almost the first of the month..They will be out in full force..getting thier scripts ..and using thier canes..to go to see the doctors..What A Town!
shocked

United States

#6 Jul 29, 2009
1584HarleyHeaven wrote:
I know this has been beat to death on here but who am I to stop the beating. I drove through town today and witnessed S finishing off a 40 ounce beer beside the road, I have saw people drinking in city limits along side the road lately more than I ever have in the past. It seems that the town of Oceana is choosing to ignore any laws against public intoxication. What ever you feel about the homeless people is not the point here the fact that the law is being ignored is the point. Also as I have stated several times in the past Drug laws are ignored as well, you can tell anytime a "shipment" comes in all the known users are buzzing like bees yet the law doesnt' seem to notice and really I have come to terms with them doing nothing about it but this forum is set up to give opinions about news and to me there is no bigger news facing this area than the open use of alchol along the streets of town and open selling of illegal drugs in the whole area with the only arrests just seemingly symbolic ones. Life is getting more and more stressful in this area because you never know what will be next because of all the crime that is aloud to go in and it appears we will have to live with it or move....and thats a shame.
I agree it has gotten way out of hand about laws being openly broken in town. It sets a standard and if one is allowed to do it then they can not say anything to anyone else for doing the same thing (which end bad). I would hate to have to move away because then if too many of the hard working, decent law abiding citizens moved then this town would completely be a disaster. This is my home, and I would hate to feel like I was ran out of it because laws were not enforced. Drugs are bad in many communities but I have family and friends in several different states and many have city beautification committees that plant flowers, trees, clean sidewalks, and they definitely do not allow public intoxication, and known drug deliveries. I am sure these towns have their problems (thet are just not out in the open to make the town look bad or give it a bad name), but they are proud of their town just as I am mine, I just wish there was some way the citizen could turn it around and make enough noise that the people in charge of protecting and upholding our town would have to do something. The election will roll around and we will hear tons of promises until the day after the election and then it is over, oh well.
agree

Welch, WV

#7 Jul 29, 2009
crazy wrote:
The cops run up and down the streets all day long..But they never do anything..You see them sitting and talking with the town trash..But they never arrest them..But let someone go 2 miles over the speed limit and see what happens..I guess thier afraid if u speed in town ..you may hit some of the trash, thats out bumming and hoing on the streets..It's almost the first of the month..They will be out in full force..getting thier scripts ..and using thier canes..to go to see the doctors..What A Town!
You forgot talking on cell phones while driving. IF your lucky to see one of them out!
LOL

Salem, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2009
I live in Roanoke,VA. Drugs are as much of a problem here as in the town of Oceana if not worse. The difference being I can go into the local stores without being hassled.The store workers would call the police and would get immediate assistance from the police. Also I live in the city limits and there are no drunks standing on the street drinking and harassing people who happen to pass by. So it seems with the population difference that Oceana should be better able to manage these pest.
Dirt Devil

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2009
We don't have cops in Oceana.We have joy riders in Oceana.
1 post removed

Level 1

Pineville, WV

#11 Jul 29, 2009
.....lets not forget about the thieves as well, they are arrested and let go to continue on a regular basis, I live outside of town and every time a dog barks you had better go look ....its just crime in general I suppose that bothers me...nothing and I do mean nothing short of murder seems to get delt with.

Level 1

Pineville, WV

#12 Jul 29, 2009
....and you trying dealing with it yourself and see how fast suddenly the law can appear and arrest you!

Level 1

Pineville, WV

#13 Jul 29, 2009
crazy wrote:
You know the last part of your statement would be funny if it weren't true.
just another citiczan

Oceana, WV

#14 Jul 29, 2009
crazy wrote:
if you think oceana is bad you schould take a drive to huff creek people with open cps cases riding up and down the road waiting for someone to sell their shit dope as they call it to get what they want those OCs people have to grow sooner or later lets just hope the later comes for them huff creek is where the need to visit maybee people wouldnt wait until bill goes to town to come out in their ilegal rides and who the hell knows if half of them is even suppost to be driving!!!!!!!
crazy

United States

#15 Jul 30, 2009
If your in the click with Bill..You don't have to wait to get out..Like so many on huff creek are.Thiers one family over thier i bet thier daughter has had 6 or 7 wrecks..And she is usually high as a kite.But she never gets in trouble..Because her uncle and Bill are best buds..

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 31, 2009
MSN homepage this morning:...Yep, we lead the nation for prescription drugs.....Finally came in first on something!
geez

Welch, WV

#17 Aug 31, 2009
ever heard of the town meeting.....everyone wants to complain but wont show a face at a meeting to be heard. until you show face and voice opinions there, then keep it to yourself. stop whining about it.
shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it has gotten way out of hand about laws being openly broken in town. It sets a standard and if one is allowed to do it then they can not say anything to anyone else for doing the same thing (which end bad). I would hate to have to move away because then if too many of the hard working, decent law abiding citizens moved then this town would completely be a disaster. This is my home, and I would hate to feel like I was ran out of it because laws were not enforced. Drugs are bad in many communities but I have family and friends in several different states and many have city beautification committees that plant flowers, trees, clean sidewalks, and they definitely do not allow public intoxication, and known drug deliveries. I am sure these towns have their problems (thet are just not out in the open to make the town look bad or give it a bad name), but they are proud of their town just as I am mine, I just wish there was some way the citizen could turn it around and make enough noise that the people in charge of protecting and upholding our town would have to do something. The election will roll around and we will hear tons of promises until the day after the election and then it is over, oh well.
its not funny

Logan, WV

#18 Aug 31, 2009
the excuse being used is it cost to much money to keep them in jail. How much does it cost to keep arresting the same people hauling them to jail, going before a magistrate time after time. the county paying for legal services everytime they get arrested and put on home confinement or pay a small fine in small payments every month. to be out doing the same crimes again and the same processes again. Not to mention the mental and cruelty and personal losses and pain honest citizens have to endure while we make excuses and let them roam around free. keep them locked up and save money, open our jails back up that will solve over crowding, save gas money and time that deputies can use to arrest more people, after all it takes months and yrs to get the evidence to arrest someone, even though everyday citizens give info, that can be seen and recorded daily. Guess it's not really all that important to stop the crime, I guess it must be a boost to the economy.
its not funny

Logan, WV

#19 Aug 31, 2009
the county commi ssion has decided it's either let them go free or we can't do any good things in our towns. I know where we could save money on labor.....oh i know most of the people doing crimes aren't able to work.....just draw a check...take away their checks and assistance for a yr or two only get what they earn while being locked away for a long time and i bet they would think twice before commiting a crime, we just give them reasons to break the law, after all no body goes to jail. just a free ride to and from raleigh county.
wouldnt you like to know

Pineville, WV

#20 Aug 31, 2009
no whatit boils down to is we have a crappy mayor tha would rather herasse the teens and other certain people that i know of first hand instead of dealing with the crap on the side of the roads.................
stonelay

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2009
hey,i say something like that.my thought was after their plea deal take one month check an med card,get a plea deal again lose another.the way things are going they don';t lose nothing,but keep doing the crimes.i don't even have a med card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 7 hr luci 11,116
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 8 hr luci 5,967
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) May 25 Matt Kelly 4,203
Four Word Game Using Last Letter Of Each Word. (Dec '12) May 25 SWAMP WITCH 345
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) May 19 some 1 else in be... 1,770
Post Glen Apartments (Aug '11) May 16 Ina 9
News Prescription drug abuse a plague (Oct '14) May 16 crybaby 37

Oceana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceana Mortgages