Cps getting guardianship or custody

Posted in the Oceana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need Help

Lerona, WV

#1 Sep 12, 2011
Does anyone have any info that could help a person try to get a child out of CPS custody? I have tried, but it seems that your past always comes back to haunt you. Even though it has been 7 yrs on one offence that was dropped and the other was a mistamenor that happend over 3yrs ago, I am still having trouble trying to get legal guardianship. Anyone have any idea's on how I could try to fight this? I could sure use the help. I guess Cps doesn't think people can turn there life around. But I can tell you, that I am a success story that you can. Need any imput anyone can give me. I would really appreciate it!!
really

Prestonsburg, KY

#2 Sep 12, 2011
if a child has been took from you by cps...you DON'T deserve to have that child...cps takes children who are neglected and abused...if they took your child pretty sure it's for one of the two reasons..that child doesn't need you in it's life NOW...i don't care if it was 20 yrs ago..you should've thought of your child then...you may be trying to turn YOUR life around now..but, look at what a life you give that child! what, wasn't your child worth staying out of trouble? let that child be..it don't need you NOW! why didn't you think of that child when you got your first or SECOND offense??? humm..why would you want to put your child through that? if cps took that child you should NEVER get that child back! that child should be adopted by people who will BE THERE AND LOVE THAT CHILD! YOU MAKE ME SICK!
Need Help

Lerona, WV

#3 Sep 12, 2011
IT ISN'T MY CHILD THAT I AM TRYING TO GET!!! IT IS A RELATIVE OF MINE'S DAUGHTER. WHICH HAPPEN"S TO BE MY NIECE YOU MORON. I HAVE NEVER HAD MY CHILDREN TAKEN FROM ME, AND HOW DARE YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO ME. I WANT SOMEONE'S HELP, NOT SOME A HOLE WHO DOESN'T KNOW THERE HINDEND FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND. I HOPE THAT NO ONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAS THERE CHILD TAKEN, THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD FEEL THE PAIN THAT I AM GOING THRU WITH MY NIECE. I HAVE YOU TO KNOW THAT ME AND MY FAMILY ARE CHRISTIAN'S NOW, AND WE COULD GIVE THIS BABY THE BEST LIFE POSSIBLE. WE ARE NOT ON DRUGS, DON'T DRINK, AND MIND OUR OWN BUISNESS UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE. YOU NEED TO FIND OUT YOUR FACTS BEFORE COMING ON HERE AND TRYING TO BASH ONE OF THE LORD'S FOLLOWER'S. YOU ARE SUPPOSTED TO LOVE PEOPLE, NOT CUT THEM DOWN. I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU, YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR HEART NEED'S TO BE SOFTEND FOR SURE!! GOD BLESS THE JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTY. YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND I PRAY FOR THEM.
REALLY

Prestonsburg, KY

#4 Sep 12, 2011
no one in my family has EVER had cps take a child...EVER! AS FAR AS IT BEING YOUR NIECE YOUR TRYING TO GET...GREAT! but that child will still have contact with the parents because your family! THE PARENTS DON'T DESERVE THAT CHILD NOT EVEN FOR A VISIT! CPS don't want the child near the parents..your the child's aunt..your family. that was my point! MORON. if cps takes a child from it's parents then the parents should NEVER be able to get custody of that child! it's not being judgemental...it's the truth! cps takes children who are neglected or abused...which one was the reason this child was taken??? either way a child don't deserve to grow up without a mother and father (for 7years) and the parents don't deserve that child! ENOUGH SAID! I HOPE THE CHILD IS BEING TOOK CARE OF AND HAPPY! THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!
Nosey too

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 13, 2011
REALLY wrote:
no one in my family has EVER had cps take a child...EVER! AS FAR AS IT BEING YOUR NIECE YOUR TRYING TO GET...GREAT! but that child will still have contact with the parents because your family! THE PARENTS DON'T DESERVE THAT CHILD NOT EVEN FOR A VISIT! CPS don't want the child near the parents..your the child's aunt..your family. that was my point! MORON. if cps takes a child from it's parents then the parents should NEVER be able to get custody of that child! it's not being judgemental...it's the truth! cps takes children who are neglected or abused...which one was the reason this child was taken??? either way a child don't deserve to grow up without a mother and father (for 7years) and the parents don't deserve that child! ENOUGH SAID! I HOPE THE CHILD IS BEING TOOK CARE OF AND HAPPY! THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!
boy I'm glad your so perfect, and all your family.. I too have never had my children taken, but unlike you I think the family deserves another chance or the aunt should have the children... Something happened to you in life that made you so cold and miserable. I hope god puts his hands on you and makes your heart softer... Because your a VERY MEAN SPIRITED PERSON....... god bless you and I'll pray for you !!!!!!!
ha ha

Oceana, WV

#6 Sep 13, 2011
7years is a long time why didnt you step up when the child got took to late now dummy.why should they have to give the child up after 7yrs it is haft raised.you dont deserve this child.
Need Help

Lerona, WV

#7 Sep 13, 2011
The child hasn't been taken for 7 years. My niece has been in foster care for a month. She is placed in a foster home that has 7 other children in it. When I was talking about 7 years passing, I was talking about a mistemenor that was on my husband 7 years ago. That is why I was on here trying to get to see if someone could help me or give any advice on how to get her. Everybody takes everything out of context on here. They only want to believe what they have made up in their mind. The worst thing I could have done is get on here and ask for at least one desent person's advice. Glad to see one person is still good and desent enough to be so thoughtful. Thank you, and God bless you for your kind words. We need more people in this world who are like you. This will be my last post on this matter, I am not going to lower my self to the Devil's advocate's anymore. I will put in the Lord's hand's and he will give me the advice I need. After all, he says to not put your faith in man, they will fail you everytime. But I will give you the everlasting water of life, I will be with you until the very end of this world, trust in me and I will never forsake you, but send the comforter to you to comfort and guide you in all of your trials and tribulations in this life time. I hope who every reads this can see what a wonderful and beautiful life that Jesus can give you, no matter what!!
umm

Oceana, WV

#8 Sep 13, 2011
i would call a lawyer in ur area and see what they think u should do. i hope things work out and i think a child should be with family even if the parents are no good. good luck
timbo

Welch, WV

#9 Sep 16, 2011
REALLY wrote:
wish was all perfect as you.wow,you must be from oceana.where the smiles are fake, pills are plentiful, and needles abound from up on the big rock candy mountain.
For real

Oceana, WV

#10 Sep 17, 2011
Not everyone timbo in oceana is on drugs !!! Did ya ever live in this area?? Should not judge everyone not everyone here is a pillhead !
I AGREE

Logan, WV

#11 Sep 18, 2011
really wrote:
if a child has been took from you by cps...you DON'T deserve to have that child...cps takes children who are neglected and abused...if they took your child pretty sure it's for one of the two reasons..that child doesn't need you in it's life NOW...i don't care if it was 20 yrs ago..you should've thought of your child then...you may be trying to turn YOUR life around now..but, look at what a life you give that child! what, wasn't your child worth staying out of trouble? let that child be..it don't need you NOW! why didn't you think of that child when you got your first or SECOND offense??? humm..why would you want to put your child through that? if cps took that child you should NEVER get that child back! that child should be adopted by people who will BE THERE AND LOVE THAT CHILD! YOU MAKE ME SICK!
I AGREE WITH YOU 110%
I AGREE

Logan, WV

#12 Sep 18, 2011
REALLY wrote:
AGAIN, I AGREE WITH YOU! NO CHILD SHOULD BE SUBJECTED TO ANOTHER REASON FOR CPS TO TAKE THEM FROM THEIR HOME. PERIOD
miss oceana

Hansford, WV

#13 Sep 18, 2011
know one child should be taken from it family. the people in wv need to stand up and get rid of those cps people they go and take people children on people words that get mad at people and call in lies.then here come those so called cps people they need to have their children taken from them let them see how it feel having your child screaming for it mom and dad. it also affect the children they never forget those cps women. let theier child be put in foster care not being able to eat what they want and being put in dirty home .they go looking for people kids to take lady get your self a lawyer not one in wyoming county only good one in wyoming county is thomas evans he will go up against those cps worker god bless hope you get those kids back with the family
I AGREE

Logan, WV

#14 Sep 18, 2011
THEN MAYBE THE PARENTS SHOULDN'T GIVE CPS A REASON TO TAKE THEIR CHILD. that child will never forget WHY cps took them from mommy and daddy either...think about it..one of two reasons cps takes children...NEGLECT OR ABUSE...you might think it's ok to do that to YOUR child but it's against the law..that's WHY cps takes children from the home. THE PARENTS give them reason to...EVEN IF..neighbors or enemies call cps on you and tell em a "big ole lie" on you that your neglecting or abusing your child..guess what...CPS INVESTIGATES! if they see the parents ARE UNFIT then yeah, their children will be taken..seriously, you think that's bad? what cps does is for the best interest of the child! AND As far as the children not being taken care of by cps and/or the foster care provider, i bet a million dollars they're taking better care of that child than you did....get my drift? those children are taken care of.. of course they might be scared..what kid wouldn't be...but, i'd rather see the kid scared than dead...how many times cps let parents have "a second chance" and the parents end that child's life over something stupid or over the SAME reason cps took the kid to begin with...you just don't know! there is a reason for EVERYTHING!!!
I AGREE

Logan, WV

#15 Sep 18, 2011
C.P.S= CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES.....
Totally AGREE

Ravencliff, WV

#16 Sep 19, 2011
I AGREE wrote:
THEN MAYBE THE PARENTS SHOULDN'T GIVE CPS A REASON TO TAKE THEIR CHILD. that child will never forget WHY cps took them from mommy and daddy either...think about it..one of two reasons cps takes children...NEGLECT OR ABUSE...you might think it's ok to do that to YOUR child but it's against the law..that's WHY cps takes children from the home. THE PARENTS give them reason to...EVEN IF..neighbors or enemies call cps on you and tell em a "big ole lie" on you that your neglecting or abusing your child..guess what...CPS INVESTIGATES! if they see the parents ARE UNFIT then yeah, their children will be taken..seriously, you think that's bad? what cps does is for the best interest of the child! AND As far as the children not being taken care of by cps and/or the foster care provider, i bet a million dollars they're taking better care of that child than you did....get my drift? those children are taken care of.. of course they might be scared..what kid wouldn't be...but, i'd rather see the kid scared than dead...how many times cps let parents have "a second chance" and the parents end that child's life over something stupid or over the SAME reason cps took the kid to begin with...you just don't know! there is a reason for EVERYTHING!!!
I totally agree that CPS must be given substantial evidence NOT HEAR SAY. There must be strict evidence that the child is in danger in order to take them out of the home. Do you know how many judges place children back in homes because they feel it is in the best interest of the child to only find that the child gets injured and scarred for life or even end up dead. And then the judge is not even held accountable. Children should never be placed with families, as families cannot separate the right and ordered thing to do from their family ties. If there is any record then you are not eligible. Foster parents are not eligible if they have any record so why should you be any different.
Totally AGREE

Ravencliff, WV

#17 Sep 19, 2011
Need Help wrote:
Does anyone have any info that could help a person try to get a child out of CPS custody? I have tried, but it seems that your past always comes back to haunt you. Even though it has been 7 yrs on one offence that was dropped and the other was a mistamenor that happend over 3yrs ago, I am still having trouble trying to get legal guardianship. Anyone have any idea's on how I could try to fight this? I could sure use the help. I guess Cps doesn't think people can turn there life around. But I can tell you, that I am a success story that you can. Need any imput anyone can give me. I would really appreciate it!!
So you are saying you have 2 instances with the police? No one says you cant turn your life around.. but there are rules for a reason..furthermore since your instances come every 3 to 4 years sounds like you are ready for another episode in your own life.
Totally AGREE

Ravencliff, WV

#18 Sep 19, 2011
I AGREE wrote:
The thing about chldren not adapting, well that is bull actually it is very sad... but as far as children if they are loved...fed...clean and dry they could care less who is providing the care. They adapt just fine and could care less. Its amazing how God made them that they can never have enough love..and if given it they are JUST FINE>
Totally AGREE

Ravencliff, WV

#19 Sep 19, 2011
Need Help wrote:
The child hasn't been taken for 7 years. My niece has been in foster care for a month. She is placed in a foster home that has 7 other children in it. When I was talking about 7 years passing, I was talking about a mistemenor that was on my husband 7 years ago. That is why I was on here trying to get to see if someone could help me or give any advice on how to get her. Everybody takes everything out of context on here. They only want to believe what they have made up in their mind. The worst thing I could have done is get on here and ask for at least one desent person's advice. Glad to see one person is still good and desent enough to be so thoughtful. Thank you, and God bless you for your kind words. We need more people in this world who are like you. This will be my last post on this matter, I am not going to lower my self to the Devil's advocate's anymore. I will put in the Lord's hand's and he will give me the advice I need. After all, he says to not put your faith in man, they will fail you everytime. But I will give you the everlasting water of life, I will be with you until the very end of this world, trust in me and I will never forsake you, but send the comforter to you to comfort and guide you in all of your trials and tribulations in this life time. I hope who every reads this can see what a wonderful and beautiful life that Jesus can give you, no matter what!!
How do you know how many children are in the home? Do you know the foster parents? If there are 7 children in the home I am sure that CPS has seen that the home is sufficient financially and and physically able to care for the children. Must be a very fine and stable situation. Thank goodness for people who love children.
Ronni1

Gilbert, WV

#20 Sep 19, 2011
really wrote:
this isnt always the case!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word game (Jun '12) 37 min Junket 1,559
east west game 12 hr Reality 3
Word Association... (Jun '12) 13 hr luci 2,938
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 13 hr luci 11,448
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 13 hr luci 6,242
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 17 hr RSM 4,245
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Tue Princess Hey 614

Oceana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance