annoyed

New Richmond, WV

#1 Oct 5, 2012
anyone else notice that businesses in town allowing employees to park in the handicap spots?? that is a shame and shouldnt be allowed. these are reserved for a reason.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#2 Oct 5, 2012
yes, this practice is so wrong. where i live, i see cops giving ticket for this. good.
Hilarious

Oceana, WV

#3 Oct 5, 2012
annoyed wrote:
anyone else notice that businesses in town allowing employees to park in the handicap spots?? that is a shame and shouldnt be allowed. these are reserved for a reason.
I agree, it is a shame, that anyone other than a person that is in fact handicapped, parks in those places!! Another thing that bugs the hell outta me is when the state issues a handicapped tag to someone that really doesn't need it. I've seen instances where a person will pull into a handicapped parking area, get out of the car and walk better than what I do, and then another vehicle driving around trying to find a second handicapped spot because the lazy ass ahead of him/her have already taken the handicapped spot that this person so desperately needed. I've seen alot of people with those handicapped tags that shouldn't have them and the ones that really do need them can't get into the handicapped parking spot because the lazy ass person has already taken it. It's pitiful to say the least!!
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Hilarious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is a shame, that anyone other than a person that is in fact handicapped, parks in those places!! Another thing that bugs the hell outta me is when the state issues a handicapped tag to someone that really doesn't need it. I've seen instances where a person will pull into a handicapped parking area, get out of the car and walk better than what I do, and then another vehicle driving around trying to find a second handicapped spot because the lazy ass ahead of him/her have already taken the handicapped spot that this person so desperately needed. I've seen alot of people with those handicapped tags that shouldn't have them and the ones that really do need them can't get into the handicapped parking spot because the lazy ass person has already taken it. It's pitiful to say the least!!
while there is much abuse out there, one never knows of another's ailment. my dad had a placard for a while and might have appeared "fine" in your eyes as he walked into the store. what the observers didn't know is that he just had a shoulder replacement and couldn't carry items of of a store very well. so they issued a handicapped placard for him - albeit SHORT TERM and rightfully so. he's all better now and his placard is expired - as it should be. so while i loathe those who abuse the placard system, i try not to judge too much in this arena.
Ashley

Oceana, WV

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Just because you can walk doesn't mean you don't need a handicap sticker. In that case issue them to the drunks.
But a lot of people can't be in sunlight or heat long. So they need to park close to get to and from the building without much problem.
Stupid

Pineville, WV

#6 Oct 5, 2012
I know ALOT of people who have these stickers and nothing wrong with them
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Stupid wrote:
I know ALOT of people who have these stickers and nothing wrong with them
and those people deserve what's coming to them.
truth

Pineville, WV

#8 Oct 6, 2012
if the cops would ticket the ones who doesn't have one there would be a lot more spaces
ingodseye

Huntington, WV

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>
while there is much abuse out there, one never knows of another's ailment. my dad had a placard for a while and might have appeared "fine" in your eyes as he walked into the store. what the observers didn't know is that he just had a shoulder replacement and couldn't carry items of of a store very well. so they issued a handicapped placard for him - albeit SHORT TERM and rightfully so. he's all better now and his placard is expired - as it should be. so while i loathe those who abuse the placard system, i try not to judge too much in this arena.
i so agree with you my husband had back surgery and by lookin at him you never know but he has plate and screws and after surgery it end up putting pressure on his nerves in his legs he cant walk very long distance at all you wouldnt believe the crazy looks we get when we park in handicap even though we have handicap u hang up
so i agree you should never judge a book from its cover and im not sayin there there is alot of people takin advantage of it .... hope everyone has a bless day ! and may God bless you n your family in alot of ways !!
in the know

Charleston, WV

#10 Oct 12, 2012
You all make good points, however, I saw a guy in Oceana who walks and rides bicycles all the time pull out a placard at the post office hang it on his and walk into the post office. That is wrong. A doctor had to sign for him to get that placard. some people need the cards while others don't. a lot of people just abuse the system because they're to sorry too walk even a short distance.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#11 Oct 12, 2012
in the know wrote:
You all make good points, however, I saw a guy in Oceana who walks and rides bicycles all the time pull out a placard at the post office hang it on his and walk into the post office. That is wrong. A doctor had to sign for him to get that placard. some people need the cards while others don't. a lot of people just abuse the system because they're to sorry too walk even a short distance.
did you ask him what his ailment was?
just watching

Welch, WV

#12 Oct 13, 2012
truth wrote:
if the cops would ticket the ones who doesn't have one there would be a lot more spaces
i have seen a cop park in a handicap parking who is going to give him a ticket
For Real

Pineville, WV

#13 Oct 13, 2012
just watching wrote:
<quoted text>i have seen a cop park in a handicap parking who is going to give him a ticket
Now, if the cop is DC he can park anywhere he wants to. Why? Well, he's above the law in Wyo. Co., he's on the task force. Then again, he probably has a right to because of mental retardation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 53 min _Zoey_ 8,847
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 54 min _Zoey_ 3,118
Word Association... (Jun '12) 56 min _Zoey_ 1,693
Word game (Jun '12) 58 min _Zoey_ 955
Massage Sat Trail rider 1
Oceana Swimming Pool Sat sitting 1
Song Title Game (Dec '11) Sat Dream Crystal 936
More from around the web

Oceana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE