oxyanna may cease 2exist

Warfordsburg, PA

#1 Sep 25, 2010
how bout them new oxys made of a taffy like substance, i think for once this county is actually out of OXYS!!
wonderful

Verner, WV

#2 Sep 25, 2010
I think it's great, could have prevented a lot of deaths and heartache for lots of families if they would of did this years ago. At least they may save the remanding that is addicted to them. I heard they were making the Xanax's the same way. What a blessing to so many young lives.

“"CLICK...GOT YOU ! " ”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Any Town Southern WV

#3 Sep 25, 2010
wonderful wrote:
I think it's great, could have prevented a lot of deaths and heartache for lots of families if they would of did this years ago. At least they may save the remanding that is addicted to them. I heard they were making the Xanax's the same way. What a blessing to so many young lives.
Way to late IMO, Oxycontin should have been pulled until it was safe from abuse/addiction. Now there's a large number of people who are addicted and what are they going to do for their fix? I fear a lot of them will be turning to heroin.

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Ravencliff, WV

#4 Sep 25, 2010
While this sounds like a good thing I fear they will simply the kind they want elsewhere from where ever (Mexico), then the price will be much higher which will in turn produce even more thieves.....solution is for law enforcement to crack down. Let them get over their addiction in jail.
umayhaveapoint

Warfordsburg, PA

#5 Sep 25, 2010
1584HarleyHeaven wrote:
While this sounds like a good thing I fear they will simply the kind they want elsewhere from where ever (Mexico), then the price will be much higher which will in turn produce even more thieves.....solution is for law enforcement to crack down. Let them get over their addiction in jail.
thats a very strong possiblility
You Know This

Pineville, WV

#6 Sep 26, 2010
Oh they will just find another way to get f*cked up on those to and no matter what they try to do they are always gonna be overdoses no matter what and people are still gonna die if they abuse any kind of medication.
Karma

Pineville, WV

#7 Sep 27, 2010
They should have done this a long time ago. Lots of ppl may still be alive due to this. But drug abuse will never stop they will just find another drug to go to. Trust me from a recoverying drug addict their are alot more other pills to take and get just as high other than the name brand oc's perdue farma knew a long time ago what these pills were and what they caused but money is more important than a few lives to big companies. More Dr's should be held responsible for this problem that is how my problem started and it took me years to get over. Finally now that I have I wish I could hold my Dr's a little bit accountable for the problems I had. None of my actions was their doing but I never had a drug problem until I started getting pain meds from the doctor for a really bad injury and for the last 7-8 yrs was hell for me and my family. Been clean for a 1yr and will never go back to all that pain and bullshit but it has been a long hard fight. I am thankful to my family and God, couldn't have made it without either.
karma coins

Oceana, WV

#8 Sep 28, 2010
Just because they prescribed them for you didn't mean you had to take them, I've been prescribed plenty of stuff from the docs for illness & aches most of the time I wouldn't get it filled. If you set out to find a doc that is prescribing hard meds like the ones in beckley or va you know what your going after, that's your own fault for taking them. Also if you have a death wish & want to die you will do it by any means not just oxy's, suicide has been going on in this area for years people use to try & od on tylenol. I'm glad you are off stuff don't get me wrong but damning it for those who don't abuse ain't the way to do it. Or cursing all the docs, they work for you to help you not all docs are bad there are still some that actually try to help those who are in need. You are the one that chose the docs for what ever the reason & I'm so glad you got clean by what ever means & I hope you stay that way & never chose any other forms of addiction from alcohol to any other prescribed meds if you can't take what you need to just help the pain without taking more & more. I see it all the time, but I've also seen those with chronic pain or cancer actually getting the relief they need from the meds & for those who are suffering I wouldn't want to see them do without because other abused them. But honestly good luck & God bless & take care
Karma wrote:
They should have done this a long time ago. Lots of ppl may still be alive due to this. But drug abuse will never stop they will just find another drug to go to. Trust me from a recoverying drug addict their are alot more other pills to take and get just as high other than the name brand oc's perdue farma knew a long time ago what these pills were and what they caused but money is more important than a few lives to big companies. More Dr's should be held responsible for this problem that is how my problem started and it took me years to get over. Finally now that I have I wish I could hold my Dr's a little bit accountable for the problems I had. None of my actions was their doing but I never had a drug problem until I started getting pain meds from the doctor for a really bad injury and for the last 7-8 yrs was hell for me and my family. Been clean for a 1yr and will never go back to all that pain and bullshit but it has been a long hard fight. I am thankful to my family and God, couldn't have made it without either.
cracker jack

United States

#9 Oct 14, 2010
this is wrong and will mess you up
Seriously

Welch, WV

#10 Oct 15, 2010
People in this area need to be educated about how addiction works. For one, not everyone that ends up addicted to oxys went to a Dr.for pain meds. The longer you take any opiate derived medicine, the more you need to manage the pain because you build up a physical tolerance to the drug. Even people who follow their Dr.'s directions can develop an addiction. The thing is they do not know they are addicted until they try to stop taking them and they start to have withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal is supposed to be hell!! After detox, their mind begins to convince them that they NEED it to overcome the depression that it causes. A little research will give you a better understanding.
HAHAHA

Beckley, WV

#11 Oct 18, 2010
I thinks its hilarious! I know a man who got them at a doctor and said they wouldn't crush for anything and it flattened out like a pan cake .. I think if they do it to them all we'll be seein' a lot more people on heroine and crap
dont worry

AOL

#12 Oct 18, 2010
Never fear junkies. The pharmaceutical companies will come up with something new and refreshing that hasn't been demonized yet. It's coming to a pharmacy near you. All you have to do is see your legalized, sanctioned drug dealer for your new fix...I mean your new prescription. You can bet on it.
agree

Rocky Mount, NC

#13 Oct 18, 2010
1584HarleyHeaven wrote:
While this sounds like a good thing I fear they will simply the kind they want elsewhere from where ever (Mexico), then the price will be much higher which will in turn produce even more thieves.....solution is for law enforcement to crack down. Let them get over their addiction in jail.
as an ex addict who recovered laying in a jail cell wondering if this was what i wanted from my life, i could not agree more. This is the only solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 1 hr luci 11,304
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 1 hr luci 6,115
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 hr Zani Grey 951
News Learning to Swallow Thu Phrasing 1
Suboxone Is The Devils Drug (Dec '09) Thu Been there 10
Word Association... (Jun '12) Jul 19 luci 2,854
Dried up old prunes Jul 18 Abraham Tanaka 2

Oceana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceana Mortgages