Sea Isle City Owes Family $550K in Discrimination Suit

Full story: NBC40.net News

SEA ISLE CITY -- A black family who sued this Jersey Shore town for racial discrimination has settled part of the lawsuit for more than $500,000.Dorth...
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2013
ELFudgeJones

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

This family deserves the 550k and more. There was no need for a little girl to be excluded from a christmas play because of her race. This goes to tell us the even in this day and time people have not learned from our history that racism is a bad hurtful thing. Imagine the hurt they all have been through, pain some of us may not ever understand.
diana conti dunn

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

i agree with you. im from sea isle now in md. i never thought sea isle was prejudice, but as a youngster i always wondered i hardly ever saw a african american around there . this was something my family never talked about. this is alwful espeially when a child is involved. they will always remember this. racism is awlful.
diana dunn

Easton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

i would never move back to sea isle. too many snobs and people with money who think they are better then others. family always told me the blacks didn't come there cause they were poor and lived in woodbine. what lies. then i worked with someone from jersey in virginia and she told me that the town was racist. i was so surprised. and here i went there for a visit . had i known we would never have come back there.
dee riccardi

Seaford, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I think sea isle is a snobbish town. people there are all about money most of them. i am glad i am not there anymore and would never ever go back there again. i have no reason to go back there as i have no family there anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Ocean View News Video

•••
•••

Ocean View Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ocean View People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE