Harbor Landing license for restaurant...

Harbor Landing license for restaurant revoked by Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen

There are 98 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Jan 20, 2010, titled Harbor Landing license for restaurant revoked by Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

City aldermen Tuesday unanimously agreed to repeal a May 2007 decision that allowed the Harbor Landing Bar & Grill to open and operate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Walter J Murphsky

Boise, ID

#82 Feb 10, 2010
I'd put speakers all along the outside rails and blast it all day long ... just to make those who complained about it a little happier with the presence.
Media Mogul

Boise, ID

#83 Feb 13, 2010
Bars4all wrote:
Hey yall I heard from a big man in town that Scott Walker's daddy was going to have the feds buy the whole thing for Marine Resources and tear it all down. Now that would be something to pray for!
Yup and the one who spread it all over town was Mr. David himself! He told someone at the harbor this and said his friends would take care of him, then blamed everyone else when it got around and DMR was so not happy. Maybe he doesn't remember saying this, but he did! The person who heard it told someone who told me.
depechemode

Boise, ID

#84 Feb 22, 2010
I just followed up on this gossip and he also said after DMR buys all his stuff (like Cedar Point), he'll open a dredging company and get all the county and state business! Yup, he's the one saying this all over town, he told this to someone I know.
Snoopy

Eagle, ID

#85 Feb 27, 2010
So anybody go there recently? Is it a "yacht club" or not? I don't see more than a couple of yachts! Can you just walk in there and get some drinks like you used to, or are they really a private club?

Also I want to know how much they have to pay to fix that road the boat thing tore up. Runoff, right. Somehow that road was OK until the boat thing and the beer semis started rolling on it, duh.
Watchful Eyes

Boise, ID

#86 Feb 27, 2010
^beer semis had nothing to do with the road being in its condition. The county is resposible for the roadway. Im sure this area will be fixed when the county does its Harbor beautification project (per the cities request)
Motomoto

Biloxi, MS

#87 Mar 6, 2010
You better believe that the boat lift caused those ruts in the road. How many tons does that thing weigh? Has to be enough to counterweight a 10,000 lb. boat, right? That little road was never meant to have heavy equipment drive across it many, many times a day. Harris & co. should pay for ALL of it, they have gotten enough favors from this city to last a lifetime.
Just the Facts

Kuna, ID

#88 Mar 7, 2010
The proposed county harbor project with the road/bulkhead repair does not include repairs in front of the boat storage facility. It will cost up to $50,000 to fix that 60 foot strip of ROW with reinforced concrete and improved drainage. That does not include the cost of improvements that the facility owner will have to pay on his private property on both sides of the ROW. The city and/or county would have to come up with some agreement so that the private business owner participates in this cost or the ROW repairs, and cover the repairs on either side himself.
Gail

Eagle, ID

#89 Mar 7, 2010
Just the Facts wrote:
The proposed county harbor project with the road/bulkhead repair does not include repairs in front of the boat storage facility. It will cost up to $50,000 to fix that 60 foot strip of ROW with reinforced concrete and improved drainage. That does not include the cost of improvements that the facility owner will have to pay on his private property on both sides of the ROW. The city and/or county would have to come up with some agreement so that the private business owner participates in this cost or the ROW repairs, and cover the repairs on either side himself.
and if he doesn't participate???? It should be a matter the public keeps an eye on....
David

Boise, ID

#90 Mar 7, 2010
Gail, you need to mind your own business.
Snoopy

Eagle, ID

#91 Mar 8, 2010
Sorry, David, if it's our money you're getting to improve your property so you can make more money, it's our business. BTW, ask your doppleganger OS Lawyer if it isn't illegal to use public money to improve private property, I think it is!
OS Girl

Ocean Springs, MS

#92 Mar 8, 2010
David will have to Google doppleganger ;o) Good one, Snoopy!
Gail

Eagle, ID

#93 Mar 8, 2010
David wrote:
Gail, you need to mind your own business.
Well aren't we getting a little testy......it is my business if the city or county pays for that damage down there. I live on one of the main roads in Ocean Springs, and it is dire need of paving, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Yes, I will watch.
David

Boise, ID

#94 Mar 8, 2010
Watch and learn from the master
Enuff

Eagle, ID

#95 Mar 9, 2010
You are the master alright.
Hints from Heloise

Ocean Springs, MS

#96 Mar 9, 2010
David wrote:
Watch and learn from the master
the master of puppets and by puppets I mean the BOA.
LawNorder

Boise, ID

#97 Mar 11, 2010
Geez, y'all, can you believe the guy brags on how he gets the city to do free (and probably illegal) stuff for him? Calling the ethics commission and the DA, anyone?
Old Dude

Biloxi, MS

#98 Mar 11, 2010
I learned not to rely on the advice of OS Lawyer!
Gail

Eagle, ID

#99 Mar 20, 2010
Hints from Heloise wrote:
<quoted text>
the master of puppets and by puppets I mean the BOA.
good one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocean Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Residence At Bay Cove-Retirement & Assi... (May '13) 8 hr noodles66 22
Anybody know anything about Dixie Mafia involve... (Jul '09) Jun 20 Floridasunshine69 109
Opiates (Nov '13) Jun 19 Awwwyeah 11
Martin Lake Resort??? (Mar '09) Jun 14 scammed 70
News Leroy Hobbs, former sheriff, dies (Mar '08) Jun 10 Shorty 5
News We Are All Mississippi hosts Tupelo town hall Jun 4 Yankee 2
News Bishop Morin 'graduating' with St. Stanislaus' ... May 29 Phil 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocean Springs Mortgages