Marine Resources commissioners to review executive director applicants Wednesday

Mar 12, 2013 Full story: The Mississippi Press

The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources will meet in executive session Wednesday morning to begin reviewing applications from candidates for the vacant Executive Director's post for the Department of Marine Resources.

Full Story
The Cobra

Gulfport, MS

#1 Mar 12, 2013
How can anyboby believe that the CMR will send the correct names to the Gov. Then the Gov pick the right person.This is the same person that gave Walker full control of the DMR in 2002 by not doing anymore state Audits.When he knew his man Walker was in trouble he sent Danny Guice in to help.If that was the case other than Walker Joe Ziegler would have been the next to go. Everybody on the coast will tell you that.Now with that said the people of the gulfcoast will never have any trust in the DMR as long as Guice and Walker have anything to do with it.
I don't believe all the members of the CMR are bad.I do hope that some are looked at by the State and Feds. A good one to include would be Mr. Gollott
The Cobra

Gulfport, MS

#2 Mar 12, 2013
I need to make a correction
IT SHOULD HAVE SAID GUICE AND ZIEGLER
MY MISTAKE
Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 Mar 14, 2013
The only guarentee we the public have is that Bill Walker will not be passing this position down to his wife like he did the Ocean Springs School Board seat she held for all those years.I believe they will foward the most qualified and with 4 women applicants maybe we will have not only get some new blood but will not have a good old boy burnt out politician passing out no bid contracts/jobs to friends and family.
Orville

Ocean Springs, MS

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
The only guarentee we the public have is that Bill Walker will not be passing this position down to his wife like he did the Ocean Springs School Board seat she held for all those years.I believe they will foward the most qualified and with 4 women applicants maybe we will have not only get some new blood but will not have a good old boy burnt out politician passing out no bid contracts/jobs to friends and family.
Seriously? You believe gender is an indicator of political virtue and honesty? Quick examples: Ex-Lt Governor of Florida. Patty Murray. Maxine Waters. Barbara Boxer. Add your own and it is compelling example to refute this growing stereotype.
The Cobra

Ocean Springs, MS

#5 Mar 14, 2013
They picked five people out of seventeen to continue looking at and they are all from Mississippi.This already stinks. I am sure some of the People from our surrounding states that were on the full list are more quilified than some of the five left.The CMR still has not given the people any reason to have any confidence in thier ability to do the job. You can bet that all five names will be connected to the good old boy system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocean Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pants-Down Spanking??? Sun Southernbred1 2
Man on East Beach wearing nothing but a Thong (Sep '09) Sun gene lyles 53
Scott Walker:Is he really broke? Oct 17 thecat8 6
Biloxi Bayview Road Disaster Oct 15 Bay Bird 1
Air Conditioning Oct 14 bryanflake1984 3
MGCCC inducts Alumni Hall of Fame honorees Thur... Oct 14 To Tell the Truth 15
Is Karen Nelson a good reporter? Oct 13 Speck 23
Ocean Springs Dating
Find my Match

Ocean Springs Jobs