Eastern shore sports ruled ,corrupted...

Eastern shore sports ruled ,corrupted by rich preppie lacrosse

Posted in the Ocean Pines Forum

rich wolf

Cambridge, MD

#1 Jun 6, 2009
In a blog on Cambridge Md news.the corruption popular football has on high school sports is shown. Today football is joined by the expensive preppie sport of lacrosse with all of it's snobbery and racial and class snobbery. Lacrosse is the top of the heap in sports among white people.This is fulled by the superior incomes and connections of lacrosse parents and locally the money machine of the Green Turtle. From elementary school through college white parents fight to get their kids into lacrosse. The best prep schools on the Shore Worcester Prep,Salisbury,Gunston and SS Peter and Paul all have good lacrosse programs.Huge portions of county recreation and public school sport budgets are spent on lacrosse. One of the richest counties on the shore Talbot builta grand atheletic complex on rt 50 with a wall proudly proclaiming in Chamber of Commerce styleTalbot Lacrosse, You think that all the rich and wannabe rich families of St Michaels and Oxford want a redneck sport like baseball or softball proclaimed.Are darker skin people even seen at this complex. Naaa.A parent who child plays lacrosse do not have to worry about their child rubbing elbows with monorities of even redneck whites. An old adage about girls sports rings true for both sexes.Ocean Pines girls play lacrosse Delmar girls play softball and field hockey.Inner city Salisbury girls play basketball.Girls lacrosse get great donations,girls softball parents raise money through hard work. You never see a lacrosse car wash. Girl basketball players rely on the government and never have traveling teams.The Green Turtle provides a complete seperaye world for young shore lacrosse players. You think they would sponsor a soccer team for Latina girls who live in Georgetown.Naa. Boy lacrosse players are followed by the prettiest and richiest girls in school who are frequently girl lacrosse players. Lacrosse players earn higher incomes due to connections.Lacrosse parents have wonderful parties where business is discussed.All others are lesser. And God help you if you play in the band.I symbolcally wrote this under the Berlin Md blog because the wonderful rich lacrosse parents who have moved to the "ocean" and send their kids to Stephen Decauter run the Bayside conference.
Laura

Greenbelt, MD

#2 Jun 22, 2009
What a sad, misguided rant.
rich wolf

Cambridge, MD

#3 Jun 30, 2009
Living close to the Cambridge area I can see how Laura is confused. In Cambridge tennis has partially taken lacrosse"s role.The status thing to do in Cambridge is to spend a fortune having your kids take lessons from Jay Aldridge. But lawyer Sandy McAlister and cpa Steve Adams are just 2 of Cambridge's upper crust that played lacrosse.The Green Turtle was bought by the father of Salisbury lacrosse star Steve Pappas and give to him and now lacroose rules.The owner of the Ravens hung around lacrosse players at ssu not track runners.Think about it,what I say is true.
obama holds my coat

Saugus, MA

#4 Apr 24, 2013
Lacrosse maybe the original blue collar, poor white people sport. There isn't a cheaper sport to get into. The equipment is dirt cheap. Was invented on Indian reservations (quite possibly more economically depressed than inner city houseIng projects) and just generally viewed as a poor kid sport by the staggering majority of people. Any sport where you can adequately equip your kid for under $50, is a cheap sport. Plus its still most popular in the poorest regions of the country. Native Americans continue to dominate this sport. Especially popular in "upstate" new York. Not exactly the center of blue blooded wealth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocean Pines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'White Lives Matter' T-shirt creator hooks into... Aug 9 Killary 2016 2
News Arrests Made After Hostile Boardwalk Crowds Gather Jul 25 Lou Martino 1
News Md. police use Snapchat to arrest car thief Jul '16 Rubio s Foam Partays 3
News Photo by Chris Parypa Jul '16 vape_Dude 1
Ocean city is dangerous!!!! Jul '16 dog meat 2
Poll who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) Jun '16 MelaninQueen 119
bishop house (Nov '14) Jun '16 Don knouse 2

Ocean Pines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocean Pines Mortgages