BREAKING NEWS: 9-Alarm Fire Raging On...

BREAKING NEWS: 9-Alarm Fire Raging On Ocean City Boardwalk - Ne...

There are 30 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Mar 30, 2008, titled BREAKING NEWS: 9-Alarm Fire Raging On Ocean City Boardwalk - Ne.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Firefighters are battling a huge blaze on Ocean City's famous wooden boardwalk. The fire, which started about noon at the Dough Roller Pizza Shop, quickly spread and was rapidly spreading to other structures, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laurie Williams

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2008
Brain and/or Kate !
You have the wrong daughter for your pictures
Laurie Williams of Waldorf, Md is there with her family taking the pictures.
But the pictures are being forward to her sister in Orlando,Fl. Katt Stanley because she has the computer.
In as much as Laurie is traped in OC because of the fire equipment and the one way street out please know Laurie is the one taking the pictures. I had given Brain Laurie's phone # to speak with her about what she is seeing.
Debbie

Silver Spring, MD

#3 Mar 30, 2008
The most of the buildings on the boardwalk are old and a fire hazard. This doesn't surprise me. I stopped going to OC; it's to commercialized, crazy traffic and not to mention all the money you spend to visit a nice so nice beach and resort town. Hello Outer Banks, NC!
Ryan

Lexington Park, MD

#4 Mar 30, 2008
Man that fire was rockin. I dont believe that it was necessarily a 9 alarm fire though. It was about a 3 alarm fire. Job well done by The Firefighters of Ocean City!
Bia

AOL

#5 Mar 30, 2008
Is there a live beach cam to see the boardwalk in Ocean City?

Since: Mar 08

Ocean City Maryland

#6 Mar 30, 2008
I spoke with my daughter today and she told me she ate at the Dough Roller last night. Most of my family lives in O.C.
elsa

AOL

#7 Mar 30, 2008
The 50's were a great time for the Washington area teenagers at
O.C.I still remember the fries..........
lisa

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Mar 30, 2008
My heart is breaking for the people of Ocean City. I will keep them in my prayers and thoughts. As there is no place like Ocean City and Playland.
OCMD Fire

Springtown, PA

#9 Mar 30, 2008
Wow Thats a big fire. My family loves that Resteraunt.Great job OCMD Fire fighters you did great
Pyrate_Pete

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2008
Another sad day for Ocean City! There was another fire that destroyed older Board Walk buildings about 12-15 years. The previous fire was fanned by Nor'easter winds and destroying several buildings near the Board Walk causing Crab Alley to rebuild in West Ocean City. A few years back Hopper's Crab House by the Rt.50 bridge suffered the same fate. All establishments I have frequented over the years. I hope that Dough Roller rebuilds there. I've always loved the older businesses, it gives Ocean City character while retaining its history.
anonomous

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 30, 2008
cant believe this happened have been going to this board walk for 20 some years!!!
Paul and Kim Robinson

AOL

#12 Mar 30, 2008
Oh my Goodness! We were just on the boardwalk Friday night.. We were playing skeet ball and other games at Marty's playland. We had Thrashers on Thursday.I just can't believe this has happened. It's so sad.
don

Charleroi, PA

#13 Mar 30, 2008
if anyone could send some pics of the fire for scrapbook for fire dept would be appricated send to [email protected] thanks will be going there in june
Jim M

Glenside, PA

#14 Mar 30, 2008
I'm only 23 but I have visited OC my whole life, most recently in November. My fiance and I ate at the Dough Roller, and it is sad to see that go. It is, at least, some solace to know that there are other Dough Roller restaurants there. However, I really would have been devastated if Marty's or Trimpers were lost. I have gone to Marty's many times, and even my mom went there as a kid in the 50s. Their old claw machines are irreplaceable. It is hard to know at this moment, but I am hoping that the damage to the arcade was minimal. Please post any updated you might find out.
Matt

Sittard, Netherlands

#15 Mar 31, 2008
Bet the OC town councl was glad to have the OC volunteer firefighters for this! Maybe this will help the cause!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#16 Mar 31, 2008
Really sad to see such a big fire at such a place - but it looks like the firefighters did a good job of keeping it contained. Hopefully everything will be rebuilt and ready for the summer visitors as soon as possible! We love OC!
Richard

Elkridge, MD

#17 Mar 31, 2008
9-alarm fire???You have to be kidding!! Does anyone understand what a 9-alarm fire is????They don't even have enough equipment and firefighters to have a 9-alarm fire fought!
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

#18 Mar 31, 2008
Shame, the tourist season is about to start. Boardwalks and buildings are like the world, they have to be burned down, torn town, or just decay in order that a better world or boardwalk can rise. Yes, remember, do not play with matches or start unwatched campfires. Oh, do not yell "fire" in a crowded theatre and remember that solgan from the sixties, "Burn, baby, burn!"
Mo County Resident

Washington, DC

#19 Mar 31, 2008
Boo Hoo.
Brian

Fairfax, VA

#20 Mar 31, 2008
9 Alarm Fire - Dough Roller
604 South Atlantic Avenue
Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ocean City units were alerted at 1203 PM for a report of a fire at the Dough Roller on the Boardwalk at South Division Street. First arriving units went on scene with fire showing from side D. An intense fire attack with numerous master streams took place. The fire was held to the building involved with minor extension into the arcade next door. One firefighter was transported to Atlantic General Hospital for an eye injury. The Ocean City Fire Marshal's Office was investigating. Here is a complete list of every fire department & unit the was mobilized for the fire. Either to the scene or transfered because of... Ocean City; Chiefs: 50,51,52,53 Engines: 1,2,3,4,9,12,16 Trucks: 5,11 Rescues: 7 EMS: Paramedic 1, Paramedic 1-1, Amb. 4, 41-D Worcester County; Engines: 505, 604, 608, 803, 804, 906, 907, 1101, 1102 Trucks: 6,11 Rescues: 11 EMS: Paramedic 1100-A-1 On Scene: Berlin, Showell, Bishopville, Ocean Pines Transfers: Newark Sussex County; Engines: 701, 702, 703, 719, 732, 742, 745, 758, 761, 763, 794, 802, 832, 844, 853, 901, 905 Trucks: 70, Quint70, 77, 80, 81, 82, 83, 86, 88, 90 Rescues: 77, 84, 87 EMS: Sussex County EMS Medic 105 Sussex County On Scene: Bethany Beach, Dagsboro, Frankford, Georgetown, Lewes, Millsboro, Millville, Rehoboth Beach, Selbyville, Roxana Transfers: Blades, Delmar, Ellendale, Gumboro, Indian River, Laurel, Milton, Seaford, Medic 105 Wicomico County On Scene: Parsonsburg, Pittsville, Willards Transfers: Salisbury Final transfers for OC stations after 9th alarm was struck; Headquarters: Parsonsburg Rescue/Engine 604 & Georgetown Truck 77 Station 3: Indian River Engine 802 & Seaford Rescue 87 Bethany Beach Fenwick Island Station: Sussex County Medic 105 Totals Mobilized Engines: 38 Trucks: 15 Rescues: 5 EMS: 6 Totals on Scene: Engines: 28 Trucks: 11 Rescues: 5 EMS: 5 Unit status update provided by Chad Hudson the OC fire/ems dispatcher assigned to the incident.
bso1

Washington, DC

#21 Mar 31, 2008
That is a bummer!! Been going there for years great spot on the boardwalk, I am sure they will get fixed really soon!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocean City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third License Plate Reader Coming To OC At Mary... 16 hr Nicole 2
News First Significant Sentence in Open-Air Drug War (Nov '09) Aug 31 Lillylooking 5
Poll who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) Aug 27 Einstein 105
Possibly moving to Ocean Pines, MD..... Aug 23 brian2015 1
Oc party Aug 18 Vixen31 1
Debate: Marijuana - Ocean City, MD (Aug '10) Aug 18 David southwest 47
Need Reliable & Reasonable Handyman Jun '15 vape_Dude 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocean City Mortgages