O'Malley tells county leaders: Hang on

Full story: Baltimore Sun 18
City leaders say this beach resort town is weathering the economic downturn well, but at the annual convention of local government officials taking place here this week, the worried chatter was of wintry ... Full Story
MDR295

Catonsville, MD

#1 Aug 14, 2008
Gov. Martin O'Malley said Thursday that he would try to maintain recent increases of state support of education, health care and Chesapeake Bay restoration, but he cautioned that new spending programs are unlikely in next year's budget.
----------

well gee! I WONDER WHY! MAYBE BECAUSE YOU BLEW EVERY LAST CENT THAT MARYLAND HAS!

$4 Billion budget deficit for next year.. My god man... Would you take some blame for the damage you've caused to this state and stop fingering the conservatives!? Because Maryland knows... you'll have your finger up your ass doing nothing.
Mark

Nottingham, MD

#2 Aug 14, 2008
He's so arrogant and full of himself that he'll try to raise taxes again.

Just watch.

When will the people of this state wake up.

My guess is never.
David

Baltimore, MD

#3 Aug 14, 2008
"Hang On"?? Did BOY KING tell us to "hang on" when he raised EVERYBODY'S sales tax by 20%? Where was "hang on" when he and his hacks increased spending by 1.4 BILLION DOLLARS? Or how about when he LIED knowing full well nobody could prevent the BG&E rate increase? This lying hack makes Glendening look like an alter boy!

“Don't protect me from me!”

Since: Jul 07

Arlington, VA

#4 Aug 14, 2008
The counties would have more money if crooks like BLO'Malley would stop taking their money and pissing it away in the city or on benefits for illegals and the dysfunctional.
John Thomas

Woodstock, MD

#5 Aug 14, 2008
After the 20% sales tax increase by O'Malley and the Democrats even more O.C. shoppers are in Delaware buying goods.

So much for standing for working families.
Truth

College Park, MD

#6 Aug 14, 2008
With unemployment growing and more home forclosures coming as "pay option" mortgages reset, our crooked political leaders may have to wait until 2014 for the economy to get better. If the morons block slots, look for a big increase in taxes.
johnn

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 14, 2008
yeah he helped make times tougher,with his unneeded raise in taxes,you are a fool if yo believe him now
Bill

Reisterstown, MD

#8 Aug 14, 2008
He's tan, rested and ready.....Erhlich 2010 !!!
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

#9 Aug 15, 2008
Hang on.....the election's only three years away!

Vienna, VA

#10 Aug 15, 2008
Truth wrote:
With unemployment growing and more home forclosures coming as "pay option" mortgages reset, our crooked political leaders may have to wait until 2014 for the economy to get better. If the morons block slots, look for a big increase in taxes.
I will be voting against slots, under the belief that it doesn't belong in the Constitution.

If they raise taxes instead of cutting costs to make up the difference then I will simply start counting the days until my youngest gets out of High School, then I'll move.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

#11 Aug 15, 2008
NoFreeRides wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be voting against slots, under the belief that it doesn't belong in the Constitution.
If they raise taxes instead of cutting costs to make up the difference then I will simply start counting the days until my youngest gets out of High School, then I'll move.
It's tempting not to vote at all on this issue, just because both sides are so obnoxious.

Vienna, VA

#12 Aug 15, 2008
Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's tempting not to vote at all on this issue, just because both sides are so obnoxious.
I have no problem with slots, I just think it should be a local government decision with the majority of the benefits going to the jurisdictions that host the venues.
MDR295

Catonsville, MD

#13 Aug 17, 2008
Mark wrote:
Just watch.
My guess is never.
Yep and the democratic leadership will pass it wholeheartedly knowing that this state is in the toilet already under his tenure as chairman of the people's republic of Maryland. People voted with their hearts instead of their brains. Don't give this guy 4 more years, HE DOESN'T BELONG WITH ANOTHER FOUR YEARS!
The rebell from maryland

Berlin, Germany

#14 Aug 19, 2008
Attention wake up marylander!!!!
The orthodox jews out of new york and their israeli runners (s u n s a t i o n) already
bought each strategic important peace of property
with embasseld moneys. Now they are depressing the
middle class business-owner so he has to sell.
The deficit in taxes (budget deficit already) will
be negotiated by the jewish lobby and the state government (promising big taxes from gambling) to
gain another state for them to have in controll.
Good by family resort, good by shantytown, good by
a m e r i c a
Icetrout

Essex, MD

#15 Nov 2, 2011
Mark wrote:
Just watch.
My guess is never.
Now Traitor Martin want's a 15 cent gas tax increase to offset the cost of Illegal Aliens in Maryland.I say HANG that traitor son-o-bitch & run the shitino invaders out of OUR MARYLAND!!! Public hanging for TRAITOR O'MALLEY!!!
OC pastime

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2011
Why do you think gov/major/controller Schaeffer and he never got along? Because Schaeffer was an honest man.
OC pastime

United States

#17 Nov 18, 2011
This coming election: those in office OUT! Lets try a whole new regime. Maybe they will stay honest, at least through their first term in office. Limit terms to 2. Hold these politians accountable for their actions/decisions made during their rein. Private business do this very thing. Some mgrs. have been placed in jail for far less than what these politians have done to us in their decision making.
OC pastime

United States

#18 Nov 18, 2011
OC pastime wrote:
Why do you think gov/maYor/controller Schaeffer and he never got along? Because Schaeffer was an honest man.
My typo for major, although Schaeffer was major positive influence to our state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocean City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sugar Daddy looking... Oct 17 Lovelymadeleine 3
Immigration Enforcement Makes 27 Arrests On Eas... Sep 29 Alamo 3
who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) Sep 29 74839zkh 81
Porsche Cayman shears off wheel and brake assem... Sep 29 Leroy 1
Ocean City Better Prepared This Year For Car Ra... Sep 26 Leroy 1
Worcester County Sheriff's Office Sep '14 delmarvausa 1
Review: OC Piercing LLC Sep '14 dichatham 1
Ocean City Dating
Find my Match

Ocean City Jobs