Marion County suspect dies during jai...

Marion County suspect dies during jail booking

There are 92 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 13, 2006, titled Marion County suspect dies during jail booking. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

State investigators are looking into why a 24-year-old man died this morning as he was being booked into the Marion County Jail for trying to flee from deputies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

DEXXXXX

Carmel, IN

#21 Mar 1, 2009
reddick wrote:
Marion County sheriff beat him and caused his death.
THE MARION COUNTY SHERIFF ARE NO GOOD THEY ARE BAD COP I NO
Shirley

Mckinney, TX

#22 May 11, 2009
JEFF wrote:
THE Truth is marion county is so corrupt the sheriffs dept is all corrupt bussiness the marion county court house also i have been in the marion county jail this place is cruel and unhuman the rich people here make the rules but the rules do not apply to them practioneers quacks trying to be doctors this county needs more lawsuits and prison time for crooked cops and judges lock them up and weld the door shut
I love what you said it made me laugh and I totally agree with you
DSG

Mckinney, TX

#23 May 11, 2009
My Boyfriend we'll call him Ranger hes a man over 40 yrs old , handicapped and needs his Dr's prescribed medications and he is in Marion County Jail better known as Hell. and he gets treated by well they can't be called nurses cause they ain't well by the whackos that work in the Medical Ward. From what he describes to me theres no real Docs or Nurses. I mean we aint perfect and yes the ladies and gentlemen that are in there for crimes that they did, but they are human and if they need medical attention then by god give it to them instead of being seen by Daffy Wack and his cronies.
jay

Huntingdon, TN

#24 Jul 1, 2009
marion county has some of the worst conditions for inmates. The jail itself is a money maker, the judges leave misdemeanors in for 1year on a VOP consistently, to gain more fine money and to utilize their labors in the "farm". I met people who were stuck in there for checks that didn't clear and driving on a suspended liscence that judge Futch sentenced to 90 days, they had never been in trouble in their lives. Then your put on a dog food diet, that call "no-frills", even if you get commissary, there is no sugar, no caffine, you will lose 50 pounds in 3 weeks, I did. If you get sick, I broke out in hives, they make you stand in a line to get a "request form for the nurse. You can't turn it in right then you must wait till the next time the nurse comes, then it's 2 days before they call you out, to possibly give you calamine lotion. I spent 4 days scratching in hives. The guards call every woman in there "crack whore", their "power trip" is disgusting, then can cut you phones of and lock you down for someone whispering in the dinner line. I had heard Marion County rated in the top 3 worst American jails, and I truly believe it.

Since: Feb 09

Dawsonville, GA

#25 Jul 7, 2009
DSG wrote:
My Boyfriend we'll call him Ranger hes a man over 40 yrs old , handicapped and needs his Dr's prescribed medications and he is in Marion County Jail better known as Hell. and he gets treated by well they can't be called nurses cause they ain't well by the whackos that work in the Medical Ward. From what he describes to me theres no real Docs or Nurses. I mean we aint perfect and yes the ladies and gentlemen that are in there for crimes that they did, but they are human and if they need medical attention then by god give it to them instead of being seen by Daffy Wack and his cronies.
Don't commit crimes...you won't go to jail. How hard is that to get through your Meth fogged brain?
GaryGroux

Escanaba, MI

#26 Jul 15, 2009
Mort Couilles wrote:
<quoted text>Don't commit crimes...you won't go to jail. How hard is that to get through your Meth fogged brain?
Tard, it's the other way around. Either use your tax money wisely in the operation of jails or pay out drastically more in civil damage awards.

Since: Feb 09

Dawsonville, GA

#27 Jul 15, 2009
GaryGroux wrote:
<quoted text>Tard, it's the other way around. Either use your tax money wisely in the operation of jails or pay out drastically more in civil damage awards.
I was responding to the girlfriend of the dumbass in jail.
Ishy

AOL

#28 Mar 2, 2010
Marion county jails and Marion county in general is pathetic, the way tey treat the inmates is unhumane, they have rights and are human reguardless of there crimes, Unless thye pedafilers then shoot them but otherwise theya re human, Marion county makes ther eown laws as they go along, if they can get some money then they will by damn go for it, its pathetic, my son has lost 103 lbs in there in almost 6 months, talk about sad, there food, feed them properly for crying out loud, I think the guards are as dirty as they can get if not dirtier
Marion County Jaiil

Lehigh Acres, FL

#29 Mar 2, 2010
Has always had issues. It is full of people that have yet to be convicted of anything yet they are treated like they are guilty. There is no reason for the way those people are treated. I am sad to say that I have been there. I also grew up with many of the officers and know them to this day. The entire MCSO is dirty and the county knows it but the old folks that bring the money feel safer and that is what keeps them out of trouble for being so dirty.
SMARTYPANTS

Gainesville, FL

#30 Mar 2, 2010
THE Feds did a investagation last year here's the improvements:new cups,newfood trays, touchup paint, replace cracked glass,When Dirty Red died from a heartattck on the b-ball court last year a turtle could have beat the CO to the rec yard,he was that nonchalant about responding!!! Yea someones getting rich off the crooked system,they are as Forest Gump says crooked as a question mark! The inmates provided 11 million$$ worth of SLAVE labor to Marion Co. last year. No wonder they throw you in jail if you sneeze wrong in this Co. It all starts w/ the judges,the sherrif makes over 250,000 $ A YEAR, CITIZENS ASK YOURSELVES IS HE WORTH THAT MUCH PER YEAR???? With unemployment that runs between 13%-25% SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE IN WHOVILLE!!!!!
phil

Flushing, NY

#31 Mar 3, 2010
a good beating never hurt anyone oops maybe it hurt this guy.. look on the bright side saved the tax payers some money no trial..
phil

Flushing, NY

#32 Mar 3, 2010
good beating never hurt anyone ok maybe hurt this guy. saved the tax payers money on the trail...
reid reddick

Montverde, FL

#33 Mar 6, 2010
the f.b.i. is in bed with this jerk sheriff so what can u do ????????
SMARTYPANTS

Gainesville, FL

#34 Mar 8, 2010
DEXXXXX wrote:
<quoted text> THE MARION COUNTY SHERIFF ARE NO GOOD THEY ARE BAD COP I NO
ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT MARION CO. INDIANA ? OR FLORIDA???

“Follow Me @trotlinedesigns”

Since: Jan 10

Fort Myers, FL

#35 Mar 16, 2010
SMARTYPANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT MARION CO. INDIANA ? OR FLORIDA???
Well, we know that Marion Co. Florida is a litter box.
mchi88

Lady Lake, FL

#36 Apr 29, 2010
look everyone who reads this Marion County florida is the most corrupt good old boy town in florida. if you live here get out especially if you you are not white. I made a complaint against a former officer who cashed over 7000 dollars of checks made ot to my familys company and they did nothing but make my life and other employees a nightmare.
Did you know that this county dose not have an internal affairs unit it is outsourced to one indivisual who only takes on a complaint if instucted to do so by the cheief or sheriff himself.
Do yourself a favor leave the county do not spend your money here if you cant leave drive a liitle further to neighboring countys. The federal goverment must investigate this county and officails and it will never happen if people do not unite and bring lawsuits and protest against the abuse of the sheriffs office and these judges like judge futch who make thier own laws and sentencing guidelines.
cree citizen

Winter Park, FL

#37 Apr 30, 2010
mchi88 wrote:
look everyone who reads this Marion County florida is the most corrupt good old boy town in florida. if you live here get out especially if you you are not white. I made a complaint against a former officer who cashed over 7000 dollars of checks made ot to my familys company and they did nothing but make my life and other employees a nightmare.
Did you know that this county dose not have an internal affairs unit it is outsourced to one indivisual who only takes on a complaint if instucted to do so by the cheief or sheriff himself.
Do yourself a favor leave the county do not spend your money here if you cant leave drive a liitle further to neighboring countys. The federal goverment must investigate this county and officails and it will never happen if people do not unite and bring lawsuits and protest against the abuse of the sheriffs office and these judges like judge futch who make thier own laws and sentencing guidelines.
i know what your talking about they have made my life hell for the last three years .I am old sick (cancer)they don't care . these people are criminals, they want to make you do somethink wrong os they can jail you and killyou !!!Ido shop in lake or sumter co. as much as possible. let people know there more like us out there help.
man

Winter Park, FL

#38 May 1, 2010
for the public good ed show a little self sespect and clean up the citizen sheriff dept. they pay for it and they pay you to do a good job. If you can't do your job get out and take the slim balls withyou maybe back to the south land (ca)!!
Bridget

United States

#40 May 7, 2010
I love Marion County Law Enforcment!!! God Bless them.
Ocala

Mount Dora, FL

#41 May 13, 2010
I have no doubt the police were to blame..sad to say but 7 years ago I was in on a DUI and witnessed myself how inhumane the officers can be.A couple ex....A girl was having a seizure and the officer was kicking her instead of helping her..another time a girl lost her twins while in the Marion Co. jail.Glad to see this is where my tax dollars are going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enforcers Motorcycle Club (Nov '14) 14 hr Joe 27
Nascar Jul 27 Ole racer 2
Gainsville Late 70`s (Aug '08) Jul 26 paula 20
Terrys Jul 25 Heineken Man 1
Funking conservatory is a scam Jul 21 Scammed 1
Bill Clinton Contradicts Hillary But What Diffe... Jul 16 Culture Auditor 5
Review: Luis Rodriguez Speed Auto Market Jul 15 Carlos 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocala Mortgages