United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

Judged:

By the time all added up the price i paid for a 1997 ford taurus was 7,631.00 and if i make payments as planned finance charge plus price of car will be 11,132.00. just a warning. They are a buy here pay here with a fake bank so they can charge banking interest but what they do is legal.which taking advantage of people shouldn't be. do your homework before you go there and if you go to their website,they have their own workers posting on how fair and good they are.don't be a dummy like me.God bless
Look out

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Everyone that signed the papers check them again cause they got me but they messed up and put the wrong ssn on my papers so there for the contract is not valid. We all need to go to the buissnes burear and take them to court and get every bit of money back and more.
logical-shopper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

VAL-U Car is NOT a scam. They are a car dealership that deals with BAD CREDIT, NO CREDIT, REPOS, etc. and like EVERY car dealership anywhere- they are there to make a profit. Majority of the people they finance don't even deserve to have a vehicle, let alone be trusted to make a payment. Yes they are going to charge a dealer fee, or $2k for a warranty... Any reasonable person that's bought a vehicle knows majority of dealerships do the same thing, don't trash this dealership because you're upset that you've screwed up you're financial status, didn't shop around, or pay attention to the details.
Everyone there is very friendly and nice, and went out of their way to help me. I would recommend them to anyone that would like a new car, but doesn't have the best track record. These morons complaining would complain about anyone and anything, and I feel sorry this company even has to deal with people like them.
myself

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

logical-shopper wrote:
VAL-U Car is NOT a scam. They are a car dealership that deals with BAD CREDIT, NO CREDIT, REPOS, etc. and like EVERY car dealership anywhere- they are there to make a profit. Majority of the people they finance don't even deserve to have a vehicle, let alone be trusted to make a payment. Yes they are going to charge a dealer fee, or $2k for a warranty... Any reasonable person that's bought a vehicle knows majority of dealerships do the same thing, don't trash this dealership because you're upset that you've screwed up you're financial status, didn't shop around, or pay attention to the details.
Everyone there is very friendly and nice, and went out of their way to help me. I would recommend them to anyone that would like a new car, but doesn't have the best track record. These morons complaining would complain about anyone and anything, and I feel sorry this company even has to deal with people like them.
Who knows
discusted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

There go the employees again lying about how great they are. They must be employees of the month for this rip off business
Tamiko

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

I purchased a vehicle in March and payments were on time...moved in a home in May, and I were 3 days late on my auto insurance because it slip my mind. My vehicle did not crank because I made a mistake. The finance company treated me like crap and did not work with me at all. Had the vehicle for about a month and a half and brakes are no good and check engine light came on, I also had bad terminals. I will not recommend this dealership to anyone. The manager of the place hung up on me when I was trying to explain what happen. They do not care about people, they just care about themselves and what's in there pockets.
Not Good

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

We bought a vehicle from these people. One it took hours for approval when we were already told we were approved before we got there. Two the people that work there are rude, disrespectful and could care less about you (the Customer). They never told me about the cleaning fee which happens to be the fee for the GPS that they charged, they did not tell me about the GPS, they told me I had to come back for an INSPECTION to make sure that everything was working on the vehicle. They told me that I had to come up with more money even though I was already putting $3000 down. I will say one thing I own one vehicle already this was just a second vehicle for us. So the person that made the comment about not having good credit or a repo being the reason people have to come to them NOT TRUE. I have good credit my other vehicle it financed threw a regular finance company not a fake one like this place. Another thing is you can't make your payment unless they have your credit card # ( I was not informed of that or else I would have told them to shove it) I wish I would have done my research on this place before. As for taking them to court in order to do that it will cost alot of money, we checked into it. But you can make a complaint threw the Attorney Generals office in which they will look into it.
redeye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

sounds like everybody is blaming valucar, if you have good credit you don't need to go to a place like this, also 3000.00 down? you need your head examined, just buy a 2500 dollar car, wtf
UF GRAD

High Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I HAVE READ ALL OF THESE POSTS. SOME OF THEM HAVE SOME VALIDITY TO THEM. MOST OF THEM ARE ANGRY CUSTOMERS WHO NEED A VEHICLE AND ONLY HAVE $500 DOWN. THEY ARE CONFUSED WHEN THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE LOAN. THEY ARE CONFUSED WHEN IT IS REPOSESSED. BUT THEY SHOULDN'T BE, BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THEIR FIRST REPO. BAD CREDIT IS NOT A SICKNESS, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. THE LORD DID NOT PUT HIS HAND ON YOU AND CURSE YOU WITH BAD CREDIT. YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT BECAUSE YOU DO NOT PAY. WHEN YOU BREAK THE VEHICLE YOU ARE DRIVING YOU AND ONLY YOU MUST FIX IT. THEY ARE NOT THE GOVERNMENT, WHICH MOST OF THESE PEOPLE LIVE OFF OF. THEY ARE PROVIDING YOU PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT WITH A MEANS TO HAVE A CAR. IF YOU WERE SMART WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T BEEN OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BAD CREDIT, YOU WOULD CHOOSE A VEHICLE THAT YOU CAN PAY FOR. BUT NO, YOU HAVE $500 DOWN SO YOU WANT A 2013 ESCALADE ON 24'S.
I ASK THIS: HOW MANY OF THESE PEOPLE POSTING HAVE HAD THEIR CAR REPOSESSED? WHY WERE THEY REPO'D? BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO PAY OR BECAUSE YOU PAID TOO MUCH? OBVIOUSLY IT'S BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO PAY......STOP BLAMING YOUR INABILITY TO PAY ON THESE PEOPLE. PAY YOUR CAR PAYMENT AND KEEP YOUR CAR....DON'T PAY AND LOSE IT...
IF YOU DISAGREE....LEND ME $1000 AND MAYBE I WILL PAY YOU BACK....WHENEVER I CHOOSE TO. BECAUSE THAT'S APPARENTLY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO. LOAN YOU THE MONEY AND GIVE YOU A VEHICLE WITH A WARRANTY FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN IT....DO YOU WANT THEM TO GAS IT UP FOR YOU AS WELL????
local Gainesville

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Val-U Car has been a tremendous help to me and my family.
These people who are complaining are 100% RIDICULOUS people. Val-U Car was able to help all of my family members purchase vehicle, especially when no one else would. We have had great experiences, so much in fact, that we are on our 3rd car from them.
These people complaining can't even get their family members to lend them $, but val-u car does with almost no questions asked!
Jock is always there and attentive.
All I can say is, THANK YOU VAL-U CAR!!
local Gainesville

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

clueless wrote:
I went there and they told me my boyfriend had to sit in the car because he didn't have a drivers license and that the insurance company might not want to give me a car because they think that he might drive it with no license. Out of all this time I been in this area and the hundreds of car dealerships I've been to never have I heard anything like that!!!
If you don't have a license, then you can't drive a car. It's the law. If you might be driving the vehicle, then you have to be on the insurance. It's not personal. It's not a new law. It's very basic. If you had thousands of dollars at stake, you would want to protecy it too. It's just a driver's license. That shouldn't be too hard to get. Just get the driver's license and then he can go on the insurance and/ or purchase the vehicle with you. It's just the law.
GnvFl

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

UF GRAD wrote:
I HAVE READ ALL OF THESE POSTS. SOME OF THEM HAVE SOME VALIDITY TO THEM. MOST OF THEM ARE ANGRY CUSTOMERS WHO NEED A VEHICLE AND ONLY HAVE $500 DOWN. THEY ARE CONFUSED WHEN THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE LOAN. THEY ARE CONFUSED WHEN IT IS REPOSESSED. BUT THEY SHOULDN'T BE, BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THEIR FIRST REPO. BAD CREDIT IS NOT A SICKNESS, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. THE LORD DID NOT PUT HIS HAND ON YOU AND CURSE YOU WITH BAD CREDIT. YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT BECAUSE YOU DO NOT PAY. WHEN YOU BREAK THE VEHICLE YOU ARE DRIVING YOU AND ONLY YOU MUST FIX IT. THEY ARE NOT THE GOVERNMENT, WHICH MOST OF THESE PEOPLE LIVE OFF OF. THEY ARE PROVIDING YOU PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT WITH A MEANS TO HAVE A CAR. IF YOU WERE SMART WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T BEEN OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BAD CREDIT, YOU WOULD CHOOSE A VEHICLE THAT YOU CAN PAY FOR. BUT NO, YOU HAVE $500 DOWN SO YOU WANT A 2013 ESCALADE ON 24'S.
I ASK THIS: HOW MANY OF THESE PEOPLE POSTING HAVE HAD THEIR CAR REPOSESSED? WHY WERE THEY REPO'D? BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO PAY OR BECAUSE YOU PAID TOO MUCH? OBVIOUSLY IT'S BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO PAY......STOP BLAMING YOUR INABILITY TO PAY ON THESE PEOPLE. PAY YOUR CAR PAYMENT AND KEEP YOUR CAR....DON'T PAY AND LOSE IT...
IF YOU DISAGREE....LEND ME $1000 AND MAYBE I WILL PAY YOU BACK....WHENEVER I CHOOSE TO. BECAUSE THAT'S APPARENTLY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO. LOAN YOU THE MONEY AND GIVE YOU A VEHICLE WITH A WARRANTY FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN IT....DO YOU WANT THEM TO GAS IT UP FOR YOU AS WELL????
Finally! An intellegent person out there!!!!
GOGATORS

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

myself wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows
EXACTLY! It's absurd that these people blame a car dealership, and not themselves.
Not Good

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

redeye wrote:
sounds like everybody is blaming valucar, if you have good credit you don't need to go to a place like this, also 3000.00 down? you need your head examined, just buy a 2500 dollar car, wtf
say what you will but we did not want a JUNKER car we wanted a newer one that we could use to save miles on our brand new truck. As for my down payment, Not that it is any of your business I don;t have to have a down payment I choose to put money down to get the better rates and payments. I did not post this for ignorant people to make negative posts, I put it on here just as info for people that are looking into buying from these people. And as for not going threw them, the only reason we did was because of the 4 wheel drive trucks that they advertised that they had. They do not advertise themselves as a buy here pay here place. You only find that out after you sign the papers. So again believe me or not I really don't care I know what happened to me NOT YOU.
Marvin

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

This company also does not report to the credit bureau.My sons girlfriend was told they did so she could build up her credit so she paid 6 payments and went to have it refinanced at the credit union and there was no record of It being reported. When she called to complain they hung up on her.She bought her car from a reputable dealership in Leesburg Fl. and they used .comfinancial for financing because she is young and had no credit. Now she is screwed. What leeches they are.
Fernando

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Please read the reviews and stay away from this place! They will rip you off blind. This buisiness needs to be shut down!
Liars

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

For the record, I've never had a car repossessed and I have not been late on any payments. I'm disgusted with this company and I've only had the car a week. I usually buy my vehicles from private owners, however, being a single mother with very little mechanical know how, I have had pretty bad luck with cars as of late. This is why I decided to go to a dealership. I was hoping that by buying from a company and paying a little more money, I'd end up with a better working car. My friend suggested Val-u-car because she had met a man who worked there and he seemed nice and honest. Hmph!

Like a previous poster, I was told to bring the car back the next week for an inspection. I was told to make notes of anything wrong with the car(excluding cosmetic issues) and they would take care of it. I did this. Among these things were the windows that won't close and the shifter that gets stuck and won't let you park! I was told not to worry, all these things would be taken care of.

I dropped the car off at 9 am. At 5pm my ride there had to go to work. They were not done "working" on my cat but when I called they told me it would be done by six so my son and I were dropped off and we waited.

THEY NEVER INTENDED TO FIX ANYTHING! They simply wanted to install the low jack thing so that they'd be able to repo the car if I didn't make payments. I wouldn't have had an issue with this if they hadn't lied to me. Frankly, I thought it was already installed like I was told. But it gets better. I faxed them the information about my insurance the week before when I got the car. They apparently couldn't find it. They weren't going to let me have my car back. Wtf? I was stranded across town with a little kid struggling to find someone to break into my house to find the paperwork. If they had called me, or told me on one if the many times I called them to either set up an appointment or see if the car was ready that I needed to bring something in, I would have done so. My suspicion, they probably didn't have the car done and were lieing again to stall because miraculously they found the fax.

So now I'm left with a car that is falling apart from a company who doesn't care about you after you sign the papers. At least when I bought from a private owner I knew I'd have to spend a few grand to have the car running correctly. Now I still have to do this PLUS pay a stupid amount for the car. I wish I hadn't just trusted my friend and had done some research on this company. Oh and the guy she'd met who worked there, he was wearing a wedding ring at work. Funny since the circumstances in which they'd met, his band wasn't there and he claimed to be single. Just sayin.
Pissed off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The car isnt the.worse part of.value car. The worse part is.that they make u get insurance with a 250 deductible, which basically means your making two car payments a month cuz the insurance is so expensive. I have a key to my engine but no key to my doors. Asked about one when i got it and they said they didnt have one but u best believe if you dont pay your car payment that key will magically appear! Marvin the finamcial dude is a total and complete dick and hes onsite, even though they try to make you believe hes.somewhere else. The reason for that is becuz hes fucked so many people over the years, people have come looking for him. If you want to touch him, hes in the back of the building!
boo ya

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

I recently went to Val-Ucar to look for a vehicle. I was a bit apprehensive due to all the Hummer's in the front of the lot, I wasn't sure I would be able to find a vehicle in my price range. However, once I arrived I did find a large selection of vehicles to choose from. The sales staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I have a low credit score and was concerned there might be an issue with financing. They were able to finance me on the vehicle of my choice and the price was right. If it wasn't for their second chance financing, I wouldn't have been approved for anything.
escobar

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

I recently was looking to see my vehicle and learned about a consignment program at val-ucar. I brought them the car, they cleaned it up, did all the advertising, AND gave me a guarantee that my car would be sold or they would buy it themselves. Well guess what? They did sell it, at the price point I set and in less time that than I thought. I'm glad I didn't try to use CL to see my car.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of87
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ocala Discussions

Search the Ocala Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 7 hr Aaron 1,838
Review: America Choice RV (May '10) 23 hr Evelyn 10
Pioneer Trail Publix Fri Dragonfly Hummingbird 10
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Thu Panamaed 2,631
Woman, 90, buys back stolen medical bracelet Apr 17 Dragonfly Hummingbird 1
~ Paige Beck, the Hottie ~ (Sep '06) Apr 17 John Q Public 28
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) Apr 15 Ashley 44
•••
•••
•••
Ocala Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ocala Jobs

•••