What is Ocala Like
noticed

La Follette, TN

#86 Sep 15, 2012
"power wheeld" is another looking to add their own reasons for their new neighbors to be complaining about to add onto this thread. She started a thread posting the exact same thing, and got nasty right off the bat because nobody was racing to accommodate her demand for info/attention so got ignorant and nasty. simply trash. I'd say a choice section of the Shores and Marion Oaks would be PERFECT for them. bet they'd agree too, once they got in there. ;) lol
The shores

Ocala, FL

#87 Oct 11, 2012
Unlesa your profession is a marijuana dealer or you would be interested in purchasing illegal drugs, stay outta silver springs shores
jess

Ocala, FL

#88 Oct 30, 2012
this is the worst place ive ever lived ..coming here i thought it was going to be all coutry .ahaha go to the local health dep. its full of wanna be gangster thugs and black women with ten kids...then the other side are people with no teeth begging for money.. its boring .. slow .drugs every where the cops are stupid here ..jobs suck , they cheat you hours and sometimes pay..hate paying overtime and wont..its the worst place i ever lived ..cant wait to move when lease is up !!!! either are rich as hell ..black on wellfare with a million kids ( not trying to be mean ) or reneck with no teeth.if not one of those you wont fit it
most college classes suck horrible teachers .
did i mention the houses suck to unless you have money youll be living in the hood
not kidding

La Follette, TN

#90 Nov 3, 2012
not mean... just ugly truth. truth hurts. such is life.
Kenneth

Ocala, FL

#92 Jan 11, 2013
I am 20 years old, and I have lived here sense the day I was born. Here in ocala there isn't not much to do after 9, but it is an awesome town. I love this place. The beach is literally a streight shot from here, there is an awesome indoors mall, and an even better outdoors one. I have traveled all over so my judgement is not based on lack of knowledge. I may move away, but ocala will always be a part of me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93 Jan 18, 2013
Ocala,,,,Hot, no breeze,,,pickup trucks and pitbulls.....
Ocalan

Ocala, FL

#94 Jan 20, 2013
No place to find a good job. Unemployment here is through the roof. Thousands of retirees and the only jobs are service jobs catering to these selfish, mean, demanding old people who are never satisfied.
Robby

New York, NY

#95 Jan 22, 2013
Thnking of movig there. I got a house paid for and waiting for me and a friend. I'm 57 so I'm not planning on ripping up the place. I did that when I much younger. Maybe I'll fly down for a week and check it out first. All those negative remarks are scaring me.
Nikki

Andrews, NC

#96 Mar 6, 2013
Good luck Robby. If you don't need to work then (not than as some of these people say) according to these comments, Ocala is an ok place. I look forward to my golden years with my husband at one of the active retirement places there. Hope our new home won't be swallowed up by sinkholes.

“I never LQQK back, soooooooooo”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97 Mar 11, 2013
Ocala was a great place, when I was growing up. I'm a big animal fan, so I love the farms. But, it's become a land of extremes. Fast horses, or slow old people. It's better if you were born here, because there are things to do that you just do, as a native. You wouldn't even really think of saying to an outlander, "hey, let's go do this." Because they wouldn't "get it. But, we played in limerock caves, before they declared them dangerous. We road horses, caught all kinds of reptiles, swam in these amazing blue springs, etc... Now, everything will kill you, so it's outlawed and off limits. D*mn, it's a miracle we survived!!!
robbie

New York, NY

#98 May 8, 2013
I inherited a house in Silver Springs, after reading these posts I'm scared shitless to move down to Ocala. You guys wouldn't be kidding around would you? No, I didn't think so. Waaaa!!! Loo out Ocala, Here I come!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#99 May 8, 2013
robbie wrote:
I inherited a house in Silver Springs, after reading these posts I'm scared shitless to move down to Ocala. You guys wouldn't be kidding around would you? No, I didn't think so. Waaaa!!! Loo out Ocala, Here I come!
Those of us from Florida, know it's all pretty nice...don't go by all this, as we joke and exaggerate too much....Silver Springs is fine, alotta great fishing around there.....
iknow

United States

#100 May 9, 2013
Robby wrote:
Thnking of movig there. I got a house paid for and waiting for me and a friend. I'm 57 so I'm not planning on ripping up the place. I did that when I much younger. Maybe I'll fly down for a week and check it out first. All those negative remarks are scaring me.

Robby. Im 25 moved here just over a year ago, its really not as bad as these bums with nothing to do but try and make the town sound bad. It does have its bad parts but every town does. Yes it has crime and drugs but again EVERY town DOES. The people with nasty comments are the people that have either gotten into trouble (with the law) or the people that just dont do right , or they are good people and they moved in next to a drug dealer .... Sorry about your luck . although the jobs do suck but I GB you are moving here to retire .. Hell ya more power to you . the start of the shores is very Nice and modern . I on the other hand would stay away from living to far in .
JOHN

South Pittsburg, TN

#101 May 11, 2013
how dose the jobs suck do you mean they are hard to find or low pay i want to move down there but i don't know about the jobs
screwocala

Beverly Hills, FL

#102 May 31, 2013
lifeontwofeet wrote:
I think that wherever you move it is what YOU choose to make it. I was born and raised in Sarasota, Fl. After getting married I moved to my husband's hometown in Ohio. I hated the cold! However, I made alot of friends, I had a good paying job , and my children got a great education.
Recently we moved to West Virginia. When we first moved here, I hated it ! I started out working at a gas staion making a whole $7.50 an hour. I have only been here two years and have slowly moved up the economic ladder. I am making really good money and I have awesome benefits. I made up my mind that I was going to love it here and that I was going to be sucessful.And that is exactly what I did.
Now we are considering moving back to Ocala to be near my family. Many people have told me horror stories about the employment in Ocala. However, I am not afraid. I think alot of ending up where you want to be in life is attitude,ethics and a drive for success.If you want it bad enough only YOU can make it happen.If you CHOOSE not to like Ocala, you will not like Ocala but if you CHOOSE to find the good things about Ocala and enjoy them, you will soon love it.
I visited Ocala this Christmas to see my family. I met so many wonderful "Rednecks" that I do not understand where your attitudes are coming from. There are good people and bad people wherever you live. There is good and bad about every city in every state. YOU have to find the good and make it home.
just wait till you move there, then you will change your tune......MORON
Adeen

Altamonte Springs, FL

#103 Jun 4, 2013
I live in Ocala and I hate it so much! It is a racist place full of ignorant racist White rednecks with little to no education who look down on Blacks and ignorant Blacks who haven't gone anywhere.

When I moved to NOcala from New York, I was shocked at how little culture there was in NOcala. There is nothing for teenagers to do here in Nocala at all and it is for old, retired farts! The shopping malls, stores and grocery stores are inferior to New York City and larger cities' resources. And it is a good ol' boy system here too where old, White Republican men rule and make sure minorities and women are down economically.

If you are a normal and sane person with morals and loves diversity and other cultures, don't move to this hellhole! This place is only for old, racist, White rednecks.
Adeen

Altamonte Springs, FL

#104 Jun 4, 2013
jess wrote:
this is the worst place ive ever lived ..coming here i thought it was going to be all coutry .ahaha go to the local health dep. its full of wanna be gangster thugs and black women with ten kids...then the other side are people with no teeth begging for money.. its boring .. slow .drugs every where the cops are stupid here ..jobs suck , they cheat you hours and sometimes pay..hate paying overtime and wont..its the worst place i ever lived ..cant wait to move when lease is up !!!! either are rich as hell ..black on wellfare with a million kids ( not trying to be mean ) or reneck with no teeth.if not one of those you wont fit it
most college classes suck horrible teachers .
did i mention the houses suck to unless you have money youll be living in the hood
Exactly! I can't wait to move back to where I came from too. I hate NOcala so much,
redeye

United States

#105 Jun 4, 2013
its not bad if you have income, but if you need a job, well it sucks

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#106 Jun 5, 2013
Don't listen to what everyone says about Ocala being bad, yes you have the bad areas so you find them and don't go near them. I mean Ocala is over 30 miles wide so you can find some great areas, I live out in the Shores area on the Belleview end near 110th street and its great. I don't have anyone that lives in front of me or to the right of me and a house a 1/4 miles down the road on the left. We got a good deal on our home and love it and are hating to sell it, I say if you want a good area you just need to do your homework. I wish we didn't have to move but for a familys health reason we have to, if anyone wants a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath home in a great location for around $190,000.00 send me a message for more info.
Happy to be in Ocala

Montvale, NJ

#107 Sep 6, 2013
If you don't like Ocala, you can always move away. My husband and I presently live in CA and we can't wait to move to Ocala, FL.

We found the people nice and the area to be clean. Lots to do within an hour or so drive either way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enforcers Motorcycle Club (Nov '14) 3 hr Joe 28
Review: AIRS Global Inc 9 hr payattention 1
Nascar Jul 27 Ole racer 2
Gainsville Late 70`s (Aug '08) Jul 26 paula 20
Terrys Jul 25 Heineken Man 1
Funking conservatory is a scam Jul 21 Scammed 1
Bill Clinton Contradicts Hillary But What Diffe... Jul 16 Culture Auditor 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocala Mortgages