What is Ocala Like

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#65 Jun 4, 2011
I look at it like this.
Life is what you make it.
Or if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen.
I am moving to Ocala try get 22 inches of snow in 24 hours that sucks.
I hate this cold weather and I rather be warm them to freeze my butt off up north that really sucks.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#66 Jun 4, 2011
I have lived in Florida a couple different times.
I have found I really hate the cold weather up here. Last winter where I live over night we got 22 inches of snow. That's way to much for me.
Its time live in a warmer area.
Ross D

Casselberry, FL

#67 Aug 25, 2011
If you are considering moving to Ocala, just don't. I moved here about 16 years ago running away from NY stinky life style. This has become too familiar- the economic is terrible here in Ocala. Ocala is for hillbillies and retirees period. 90% of law enforcement here are out there to make money for their agency and they love to give out tickets. The increase of illegal drugs and bad economy is what changing what Ocala was like a decade ago. It is not going to get any better anytime soon.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#68 Aug 27, 2011
the huge influx of section 8 parasites is what is changing ocala. i love the way these slugs move their filth and waste from location to location.
1 2 leave

Dunnellon, FL

#69 Dec 19, 2011
The only reason ocala sucks so bad is because it is caught in dunnellons black hole of suckiness
JOBS

Garden City, NY

#70 Jan 29, 2012
A MEDIA HOUSE IS LOOKING FOR RADIO AND TV PRESENTERS, NEWSREADERS AND REPORTERS. REGISTER http://www.sambrookseducation.com/register.ht...
shar

Richmond, VA

#71 Feb 28, 2012
Ouch, I may have a job there and looking forward to a change but nervious not knowing the area in which to live or rent. I am a 57 yr old single female. Any help with a decent area for rental house or duplex would be appreciated. Thanks!
welllll good luck

Nashville, TN

#72 Feb 28, 2012
shar wrote:
Ouch, I may have a job there and looking forward to a change but nervious not knowing the area in which to live or rent. I am a 57 yr old single female. Any help with a decent area for rental house or duplex would be appreciated. Thanks!
Is this a trick question?

Real Estate co./agencies, for private homeowners that rent and/or get online, or in person at a big enough public library, and get a hold of a yellow pages phone book of the area you're considering, LOOK UP UNDER "APARTMENTS", some complexes, and CALL THEM.

Like anything else, it depends on what your budget, credit score, references etc. stand. Ability to discern that you should ASK neighbors (in person) of anywhere you're shown (anywhere you're considering moving to, for that matter) as to where would be a most 'decent' area to rent/buy.

At 57, you don't already know this? smh.
railriderstv

Bristol, TN

#73 Feb 28, 2012
old soul wrote:
Looking at possible relocating to ocala and wanting to ge a good feel for the place. Please be honest in responses....
Thank you
GOOD LUCK making a living here......
Jobs S.U.C.K.....people who run them S.U.C.K too....u will see...
and then there are those dunba.s.s. police.....
ocala cesspool

United States

#74 Feb 28, 2012
this place is a shithole for old retirees crooked drunken judges, crack dealers, cops on crack heroin pills drugs, abusing the system all you people are clueless i lived here 47 yrs.& seen alot of crooked shady deals in this shithole time for a change yes I can this whole town is so full of corruption so is the whole crooked state of FLORIDA all you idiots can have it all I am headed north keep your SHITHOLE of a crooked town maybe the ocean swallow you whole criminal Marion county Enteerprise AKA MORON COUNTY then you will all reap what you sow. the old saying in Marion county is come to marion county on vacation leave on probation come back for the the violation FUTCH COUNTY USA
just me

Lady Lake, FL

#75 Apr 26, 2012
sucks
no justice no peace

Casselberry, FL

#76 Apr 27, 2012
ocala cesspool wrote:
this place is a shithole for old retirees crooked drunken judges, crack dealers, cops on crack heroin pills drugs, abusing the system all you people are clueless i lived here 47 yrs.& seen alot of crooked shady deals in this shithole time for a change yes I can this whole town is so full of corruption so is the whole crooked state of FLORIDA all you idiots can have it all I am headed north keep your SHITHOLE of a crooked town maybe the ocean swallow you whole criminal Marion county Enteerprise AKA MORON COUNTY then you will all reap what you sow. the old saying in Marion county is come to marion county on vacation leave on probation come back for the the violation FUTCH COUNTY USA
Im 69 yr old and you are right. the futch have a history older then me and its not good.
Fitus T Bluster

Kissimmee, FL

#77 Apr 28, 2012
i used to love to ride around ocala and visit the horse farms, now when you ride around there all you see is a bunch of yo`s with their pants hanging down and pillbillies.
DARRELL N OCALA

Houston, TX

#78 Apr 28, 2012
i lived there since 1999 and moved out last may. i moved to housotn,tx.
i hated ocala and all about ocala. the stupid pitiful jobs paid so little.
houston is so full of jobs....jobs of all kinds.
i am a certified welder of over 16 years, and the pay in ocala is such a slap in the face.
i would say to anyone who is thinking of moving there, do your homework and research. its a beautiful town but.....beauty dont pay bills, unless you are a model lol lol.
i am so glad i moved from there. my life is so much better now. OUC ocala utilities are so outrageous in what they charge for electricity. and houston utilities are so cheap its crazy. move or run away if you can.
Robin

Ocala, FL

#79 May 13, 2012
A great place to live and work if you can afford to drive to everything. Public transportation is little more than an afterthought, stuff in this town is spread out, but we have a nice mix of old/classic and new/hip. Part college town, part retirement community, and lots of suburbia in between. You'll love it!
railriderstv

Bristol, TN

#81 Jun 24, 2012
ocala cesspool wrote:
Yep,....he gets 20%$ towards his retirement for everybody he can suck into the sys......he's lucky I am a poor person or they would have another lawsuit against 'em.....speculating idiots!!
They can't even get a persons record right....once u show them how STUPID they are,they get mad and "trumpup" ur record to make u "look like" a bad person.....what a JOKE.....
Nikki

Sylva, NC

#82 Jul 29, 2012
I like the small town county feeling with all of the restaurants and malls close by. I'm stuck up here in the western nc mountains where drugs are rampant and hicks are plenty. What kind of entertainment are you people wanting? You live in a beautiful area where the beach isn't that far away. True enough I'm moving to a retirement community where there's a lot of activities to do, but come on. Ocala can't be that bad, can it? A lot of you seem to believe that the blacks and hispanics have taken over and have created a lot of crime. What are you prejudice or something. Whites to crimes too you know. Anyway, I'll be glad to get out of Meth Valley Smokey Mountains. Here I come...Ocala bound.
Nikki

Sylva, NC

#83 Aug 8, 2012
My husband and I are moving to the Ocala area soon. We're retired and looking forward to finally enjoying the good life at one of the retirement communities there. Talk about boring. You should try the Franklin NC area. Nothing here stays open past 9:00. There's no competition in this sleepy little town. No chain restaurants except McDonald's. Go figure..they'll put their crappy restaurant in any **it hole. Can't wait to actually get someplace that has a mall and numerous restaurants to chose from. Franklin has one dumpy movie theater! Big deal! To the person who said there's nothing to do in Ocala. OMG what more do you want? If you're real young I would imagine it's tough to find things you like. As for me, can't wait to get out of this crappy place where I have to drive either 2 hours to Atlanta or over an hour to Asheville. Anyway, to those who don't like Ocala, please move and make room for those who do.
power wheeld

Toledo, OH

#84 Aug 21, 2012
My husband , 9 yr. Old daughter and myself are moving, from oh. To the ocala area. Hes retired, and im in the beauty salon business. I think well be ok financially, but dont want to move with a kid into a bad hood. Wheres a good place around there to live?
MilVetAF

United States

#85 Sep 14, 2012
power wheeld wrote:
My husband , 9 yr. Old daughter and myself are moving, from oh. To the ocala area. Hes retired, and im in the beauty salon business. I think well be ok financially, but dont want to move with a kid into a bad hood. Wheres a good place around there to live?
You have to do your research. If I were you, I'd check out the surrounding areas such as Silver Springs Shores, Belleview, Marion Oaks, Summerfield, Weirsdale, and The Villages. You can easily come down here and visit all of these places in one day just to get a feel for the areas. Unfortunately the criteria earlier described by a lot of the folks applies to these areas as well. The Villages is the nicest by far but it has it's reputation as well (retirees and STDs). I highly recommend you come down and visit and see for yourself, talk to people and get their opinions in person. Internet posts are nice but you need to see who you're talking to as body language and personal appearance are a huge part of communication. All in all, if you maintain a positive attitude and remain open minded it'll be what you make of it. I'll also say that 90% of the posts are definitely easy to identify with as there are a lot of close-minded, non-cultured people that are still living in the pre-civil rights era; some of which that have posted on this thread. I'm sure you can tell who. VISIT VISIT VISIT and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Many people have valid complaints.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beeline landscapping 9 hr ponko 1
News Baltimore's Confederate statues removed in the ... Aug 18 Tikee 21
~ Paige Beck, the Hottie ~ (Sep '06) Aug 18 Boring 46
News Why do 31% of Marion children live in poverty? Aug 18 mark2732 1
beeline landscapping don't use Aug 13 ponko 1
Where's Ron Aug 12 Constituent 1
News Daytona man held after beating victim dies (Jul '08) Aug 11 Helen 9

Ocala Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance