Ocala woman faces murder charge in to...

Ocala woman faces murder charge in toddler's death

There are 24 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Ocala woman faces murder charge in toddler's death. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A Central Florida is charged with first-degree murder in the death of one of her six adopted children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bad parents should diee

Clarksville, TN

#1 Apr 8, 2009
this is awful and doesn't surprise me..children are innocent and should have the right to live a long life with their parents taking care of them and protecting them not harming them
Jessica Boscana

Apopka, FL

#2 Apr 9, 2009
LETS GET THE TRUTH OUT THERE
I know a girl who went to church with this lady and said she is the sweetest lady that she had EVER met!
The two year old that passed away was born of a crack head mother!
This baby constantly self inflicted injuries to itself~ the parents had 5 other adopted children in the same house... which were UNMARKED... and said nothing of abuse>> all the children under the age of 6... children don't lie and they do talk truths... wouldn't one of them have had something to say about this!
This baby had hurt itself prior to this horrible incident and had to be cathederized at the hospital... and that is what caused the "vaginal tears" why would the father have not got in trouble if they really suspected abuse or sexual abuse??
Because this baby was not right, it was a hard case to handle and these were just two loving caring people trying to make our world a better place!
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2009
Jessica Boscana wrote:
I know a girl who went to church with this lady and said she is the sweetest lady that she had EVER met!
This baby constantly self inflicted injuries to itself~ the parents had 5 other adopted children in the same house... which were UNMARKED... and said nothing of abuse>> all the children under the age of 6... children don't lie and they do talk truths... wouldn't one of them have had something to say about this!
This baby had hurt itself prior to this horrible incident and had to be cathederized at the hospital... and that is what caused the "vaginal tears" why would the father have not got in trouble if they really suspected abuse or sexual abuse??
Because this baby was not right, it was a hard case to handle and these were just two loving caring people trying to make our world a better place!
Oh please, don't you dare try to condone the murder of a two year old. Sounds like this woman and her husband had a gamut going with adopting children. They were probably making about a 1,000 a child from the state of Florida. This has been done before. The case of the woman and her husband who adopted a bunch of Children from DCF and moved out of state. They were later found to be caging the children. They are both in prison now, where they belong, not collecting those free checks anymore.

Two year olds don't kill themselves.
Iamalwaysright

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Apr 9, 2009
two year olds may not kill themselves intentionally but they are capable of hurting themselves fatally. you don't know what really happened so you should stop passing judgement.
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2009
Iamalwaysright wrote:
two year olds may not kill themselves intentionally but they are capable of hurting themselves fatally. you don't know what really happened so you should stop passing judgement.
This case has been under investigation for three months. This woman could not give straight account of what happened. The Medical Examiner is no fool. I disagree with you.
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2009
Violet Love Ray even looks evil. I would bet she had all those children so she didn't need to worry about working. She is charged with 1st DEGREE murder, that is a very serious murder charge.

FOSTER MOM CALLS FAITH 'A NORMAL BABY'

Brittany Jones, a foster parent who took Faith in on July 12, 2006, when she was 9 days old, disputes those claims.

“They lied about Faith bruising herself. She was a good child,” Jones said Wednesday.

Kid Central Inc. had asked if Jones could take the baby girl as a foster child. Jones said an official later told her Faith had cocaine in her system when she was born.

“When I got her, she was fine and acting like a normal baby,” she said.

In January, after Faith’s brother, Micah Ray, was born Dec. 1, 2007, Jones said she was approached by Children's Home Society about adopting him. At the time of his birth, Jones said Micah had several heath issues, including asthma.

Jones said she could not handle both children, so Children's Home Society told her that several married couples would be willing to take the children because they did not want to separate them.

Faith was then turned over to the Rays on March 10, 2008, Jones said. Before the adoption, Jones said she met the Rays on two or three occasions so that they could get acquainted with each other.

Jones said after the adoption she never saw Faith again, because every time she called to set up a time or place they could met, she couldn't get a hold of Ray.

Jones felt horrible about what happened to Faith, she said. "I'm glad they finally charged her."

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090408/article...
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#7 Apr 9, 2009
Keep sticking up for this child killing
b i t c h-Jessica Boscana!!!!

Faith’s maternal grandmother, Jeanette Hamblin, is cited in the DCF report as being aware that her daughter, Violet Ray, spanked the child. She is quoted as once having told her daughter,“You can’t hit a baby like that.” The report also mentions that Hamblin gave investigators “contradictory statements indicating that Faith was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.”

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090408/ARTICLE...
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2009
“While the mother has no diagnosed mental health issue to the knowledge of DCF, the manner in which she beat the child, over taking another child’s toy, was excessive and unreasonable and demonstrative of emotional instability,” the DCF report states.

It says the Hamblins frequently acted in a caregiver role to the children, yet did nothing to report the alleged abuse of Faith, the second-youngest child.

"It is not reasonable to believe that they did not have knowledge of the physical abuse yet they continued to leave the child in the care of Violet Ray," the report states.

The report concludes Violet Ray was "an inappropriate caregiver to any child."

"Based on her actions, she poses a threat to any child in her care and Joe Ray poses a threat in failing to protect any child in his care,” states the report.

It did not reveal any findings of sexual abuse, although Faith showed signs of vaginal tearing.

“This is believed to be caused by the physical abuse of her by her mother,” the report states.

A misunderstanding, I don't think so!!!!!

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090408/ARTICLE...
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2009
Iamalwaysright wrote:
yeah riiiiight!
Its Me Just Saying Again

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2009
Jessica Boscana wrote:
What was she hiding? You better watch out for nice ladies at your friends church!!!!!!!!!

On December 6, 2008, deputies responded to a "suspicious incident" involving a 2-year-old baby. Ray, the mother of the child, stated that one of her other children must have dialed 911 after getting scared when their sibling, Faith Ray, slipped and fell on the kitchen floor.

When deputies arrived on scene, they checked on the child, who was asleep in the arms of an adult. They saw no outward signs of injury, but insisted that she be taken to the hospital to be examined. Ray ensured officers that she would take the child to the hospital and the deputies left.

Hours later, Ray reported to a 911 operator that her child was not breathing.

The child was transported to the hospital, where the emergency room doctor reported that the 2 year old had suffered from a brain bleed. The doctor also noted multiple bruising on her arms, chest and legs. The Medical Examiner's Office completed their examination and concluded that the death was a homicide.
JANE

Hawthorn, Australia

#11 Apr 10, 2009
Jessica Boscana wrote:
You're full of shit
Two year old babies always cause themselves self inflicted injuries and GO TO SCHOOL and learn Anatomy
JANE

Hawthorn, Australia

#12 Apr 10, 2009
My above post was in SARCASM of course !
Iamalwaysright

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Apr 10, 2009
Its Me Just Saying Again wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah riiiiight!
Geez, you sure did go off on a rampage there with those comments. feeling guilty about something you did?
PLEASE WATCH and REPORT

Clewiston, FL

#14 Apr 13, 2009
I am begging all that read this, to please visit the below sight, watch the video's. Please realize that most of the times, the abused children are relying on US TO REPORT!!!
http://www.myspace.com/report_child_abuse
Thank you so much, you may save the live of a child!!
Samathas Voice

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Apr 28, 2009
Jessica Boscana wrote:
Samantha (Faith) was didd not hurt herself i raised her from the day she left the hospital she came to me at 9 days old and was in perfect health she was a very happy and healthy little girl.

Please dont make her to be the one at fault

I know the RAYS are CHRISTIANS but everyone at some time does something wrong WHOEVER needs to admit their guilt and ask for forgiveness as a real CHRISTIAN would do.
Samathas Voice

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Apr 28, 2009
Its Me Just Saying Again wrote:
Violet Love Ray even looks evil. I would bet she had all those children so she didn't need to worry about working. She is charged with 1st DEGREE murder, that is a very serious murder charge.
FOSTER MOM CALLS FAITH 'A NORMAL BABY'
Brittany Jones, a foster parent who took Faith in on July 12, 2006, when she was 9 days old, disputes those claims.
“They lied about Faith bruising herself. She was a good child,” Jones said Wednesday.
Kid Central Inc. had asked if Jones could take the baby girl as a foster child. Jones said an official later told her Faith had cocaine in her system when she was born.
“When I got her, she was fine and acting like a normal baby,” she said.
In January, after Faith’s brother, Micah Ray, was born Dec. 1, 2007, Jones said she was approached by Children's Home Society about adopting him. At the time of his birth, Jones said Micah had several heath issues, including asthma.
Jones said she could not handle both children, so Children's Home Society told her that several married couples would be willing to take the children because they did not want to separate them.
Faith was then turned over to the Rays on March 10, 2008, Jones said. Before the adoption, Jones said she met the Rays on two or three occasions so that they could get acquainted with each other.
Jones said after the adoption she never saw Faith again, because every time she called to set up a time or place they could met, she couldn't get a hold of Ray.
Jones felt horrible about what happened to Faith, she said. "I'm glad they finally charged her."
http://www.ocala.com/article/20090408/article...
Thank you for noticing that

I am Brittany and my baby was fine when she left in March 2008.
Debra- Ocala

Apopka, FL

#17 May 4, 2009
Just from what I"ve read so far, there are alot of people involved in this childs life that could have prevented this tragety but they chose to look the other way rather getting involved. It's not only sinful but inhuman.
florida

Apopka, FL

#18 May 4, 2009
Well Britany, this is 2009, and she's not doing so well now thanks to you first off for losing her in the first place, were the drugs worth it?
LI_Mom

Stony Brook, NY

#19 May 4, 2009
Here's another 'upstanding' family who adopted children & abused them:

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/features...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/11/nyregion/11...
will they ever understand

Tallahassee, FL

#20 May 5, 2009
florida wrote:
Well Britany, this is 2009, and she's not doing so well now thanks to you first off for losing her in the first place, were the drugs worth it?
If you had been paying attention at all i was her foster mother.

her biological mother was the one with the drug problem

so i will diregard your post due to your lack of knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Is the Gayest Thing I've Ever Seen 5 hr Howard 1
kevin spacey ???? 12 hr Joe 1
Gainesville is a racist, segregated apartheid p... (Jun '06) Tue Alachewa 79
gainesville is horrible (Oct '11) Tue Alachewa 66
Ladies beware Nov 19 Jason 1
Trouble At Stonecrest (Oct '12) Nov 14 Jerking Jack 53
News Desert Inn owner Dennis Devlin pleads guilty to... (Apr '11) Nov 13 Joe 20

Ocala Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance