Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.?

Jan 7, 2009 Full story: E! Online - Celebrity News 58

Like most giant stars, John Travolta actually has a few houses, including one in the equally unlikely state of Maine.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Not Raw Meat

River Falls, WI

#42 Aug 22, 2011
I understand the real estate reasons and it must have provided y'all with a nice commission in a depressed real estate economy in Central Florida. But the real reason is the proximity of Ocala to Clearwater (less than a 2 hr drive), the center of $cientology. After all there are WAY prettier and nicer places to live in the U.S. internationally, especially if flying is no problem, and the Travoltas can afford anything.
PJz7x

United States

#43 Aug 25, 2011
I also have a film plot to pitch to him
RayM

United States

#44 Aug 26, 2011
Jealousy gets you nowhere!
jar head

United States

#45 Aug 29, 2011
'Coz he can lol
ItsDeppDarling

Ocala, FL

#46 Oct 3, 2012
zip32617 wrote:
The Travolta's live in Anthony, FL, not Ocala
Actually Jumbolair is in Ocala right outside of Anthony
August

Belleview, FL

#47 Oct 4, 2012
Here's a novel idea: Why don't you ask John?
Not a fan

Winter Park, FL

#48 Dec 8, 2012
If you can get him to stop in his little yellow lambo.
ocalan

Ocala, FL

#49 Feb 23, 2013
vinny barbarrino lives in Anthony fl...nice family good old usa
anonymous

Ocala, FL

#51 Mar 13, 2013
The Travolta's moved to Ocala for the airstrip. They are a blessing to our big little town. They are salt of the earth type of people and are active in the community. Ocala, FL is located in North Central Florida. A day trip away from all the hot spots. Great place to be while living in the fountain of youth.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#52 May 9, 2013
...Cause of his Scientology?......
Ace Richards

United States

#53 May 26, 2014
me thinks you better get out your Florida map. Ocala is no where near Orlando and even farther from Tampa. Travolta moved to Ocala because when he lived in Spruce Creek Fly-in, Fl. (near Daytona Beach) he was not given permission to land his larger jets there. This is also where the late Arthur Jones, the inventor of the Nautilus Exercise equipment lives.
Ace Richards

United States

#54 May 26, 2014
The real reason is the Fly-in at Ocala is the only Fly-in in Fl. that will let him land the big planes he flys.
velvet

Smyrna, GA

#55 Jul 24, 2014
I think it was really nice that mr. Travolta would take time out of his schedule to visit with some folks in Atlanta. yes, I would faint. don't touch the haaair.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#56 Jul 30, 2014
He actually lives in Anthony,Florida and bought the old jumble air on old Jacksonville rd.
My father-in-law owns the pest control company that does the pest control at John Travolta & Kelly Preston's home.

Location hidden

#57 Jul 30, 2014
Florida is great with AC.......No more brutal, chill-inducing winters....Ocala has room for his big airplanes and it's Thorobred horse country.....

Location hidden

#58 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Florida is great with AC.......No more brutal, chill-inducing winters....Ocala has room for his big airplanes and it's Thorobred horse country.....
If I never see snow or have to drive to work again on an ice covered road it will be alright with me. I've lived in Florida a year this month!

Location hidden

#59 Jul 30, 2014
Robin 1 Yates wrote:
<quoted text>
If I never see snow or have to drive to work again on an ice covered road it will be alright with me. I've lived in Florida a year this month!
From Michigan originally, but i still miss Autumn and Amish pies....lol....Welcome, and Florida will remain Golden for ever...as long as winters up north, are even close to, as bad as the last one.....

Location hidden

#60 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>From Michigan originally, but i still miss Autumn and Amish pies....lol....Welcome, and Florida will remain Golden for ever...as long as winters up north, are even close to, as bad as the last one.....
Thank you! I moved here from Indiana! I now live I'm Williston and work in Ocala.
I went home to visit last thanksgiving and got snowed in for over a week :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr Real Person 2,482
val-u car of gainesville fl is a fraud beware o... (Feb '14) 11 hr Becca 4
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... Mon headheldhigh 1
Civil Lawyer Mon Sunkisser 1
Inmate work crews provide six-figure savings fo... Mon Dragonfly Humming... 1
Nursing Jobs in the area (Feb '14) Mon Storm Wolf 9
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Sun dick dasterley 3
•••
•••
•••

Ocala Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000