Donald Lee Betts

Aug 23, 2007 Full story: The Morning Journal 74

Donald Lee Betts, 31, of Oberlin, died unexpectedly Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2007, in New Russia Township. via The Morning Journal

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Aunt Tammy

Elyria, OH

#63 Jun 17, 2009
Thanks for the white squirrels. :)
Aunt Tammy

Elyria, OH

#64 Jul 31, 2009
Almost 2 years without you here in physical form. I know that you are always with me. And constantly watching over Johanna. That's for all memories!
Sandy Betts

Childersburg, AL

#65 Aug 4, 2009
Thinking of you Today...saw some pics od the kids and they are really growing up. They both have your nose. You are missed.
amanda betts

Paducah, KY

#66 Nov 5, 2009
Your pic is on our fridge so we always look at you! Jesiah points to your pic at times...I'm sorry you didn't get to meet him. He has similar features to your babies...You now have another niece....Liberty Annalise. We named her Liberty b/c it means FREEDOM...and since there is so much iniquity, past generation curses and turmoil we wanted her to be free from that.
Cynthia

Colorado Springs, CO

#67 Dec 29, 2009
Donny, You know I think about you from time to time. Thank you for the guidance and for always trying to make me smile. You are loved and missed. Such a helpless feeling wishing you were still on this earth. And if you got any pull with the Big Guy, please help me find another job and get through this ordeal. I know you know. F-eva in my heart . . .
Amanda Betts

United States

#68 Mar 13, 2010
Happy belated birthday. Your brother and mom has been thinking of you. I started a scrapbook of you not to long after you died hoping to finish it and give it to your kids one day! Btw your brother says he misses and you and wishes you were still here.
Sandy Betts

Childersburg, AL

#69 Jul 22, 2010
Looking at pics of the kids. Sylvia is such a beauty, I know she would be a daddy's girl. Sorry I havent posted in a while I always think of you and you stay in my heart always! Desi turned 10 last month. Shes looking a lot like your mom which is crazy. Shes beautiful and very sweet and loving.Im sure youre looking down on all of us and you already know all these things. You are missed.
Joey

Ashburn, GA

#70 Aug 21, 2010
Hey Bro! I joined the Navy. Trying to make Diver, which I passed my pst and just waiting to hear about the lottery. I have slacked on talking to Nikki and seeing the kids, its just hard at times. I can't believe its already been three years. I still remember the car ride up to Ohio. I still tell our crazy stories to everyone. I love and miss you.
amanda betts

Chattanooga, TN

#71 Nov 18, 2010
Your brother wrote this out of the creativity of the Lord's spirit. May it bless others and may His healing penetrate deep within and manifest to the surface.

His mind never sleeps

In the dark, hallow, gloomy, terrain of his brain

His thoughts wonder and move so aimlessly

Pulling on his frontal lobe and cranial vertex again and again

That is when the real pain sets in

Playing those sad words and painful thoughts that he will never forget

He struggles with them day out and day in

His mind never sleeps

He sits empty and emotionless, almost motionless

As the venomous concepts of ending his life plague his brain

Like a cancerous tumor infiltrated with miracle grow, he cannot sustain

These thoughts, these pictures he can never steer clear

Placed by an innocent question with a heartbreaking answer

His mind never sleeps

Today is the day, he has come to decision

He will rest his mind with no logical reason

Without regards to anyone’s voice

He is going to do this, he has accepted his choice

His pain will soon no longer exists

The dagger that’s stuck can no longer twist

His mind never sleeps

He has planned it out right down to the letter

Stating all will be happier and life much better

A life so precious was lost on that day

A brother, a friend, an inspiration to me
Nicole

Bedford, OH

#72 Jun 16, 2011
People have moved on...I still mourn your loss. I have married and had another child but you are still with me everyday. I still wish I could change what happened...no matter how much I want to scream I can't because I know it won't bring you back. Our kids are confused and ask about you but I don't know where to start. Why did you do such a stupid thing like that? I still blame myself but could I have really saved you? I like to think that I kept you alive for 4 more years. You'll always be in my heart, I really do hope that where ever you are, you have found peace. I just wish you were alive. I miss my best friend :(
Nicole

Bedford, OH

#73 Nov 23, 2011
One day my love we will meet again. You have never left me... All I have ever wanted since your death is to hear your voice and tell you how much I loved and cared for you. I have been cheated...
Been a while

Childersburg, AL

#74 May 22, 2012
Been a while since I thought to come on here and share my thoughts. Im glad Nicole has found happiness again and created a good home for your kids. JOey joined the Navy as he told you above, I know you would be so proud of him for that. TIme goes on and people move on but we never forget those we love and miss, you!
David Betts

New Philadelphia, OH

#76 Jun 1, 2012
I have just came across this thread. Wow. Do people write stuff to disguise what scum they really are.
First: I want to correct A LOT of you, Donald has a Father. His name is John Lee Betts. He is a hard working man who is more of a man than that coward sperm donor Don Hall could ever dream of being.
I was sickened to see him at my brother's funeral. I'm old enough to remember EVERYTHING. Respect for my brother's funeral is all that kept me from pulling his sorry head off.
I think of how you mis-informed people speak of and to the people that are the reason for his death is a slap in Donald's face.
I was there. Don Hall wasn't working himself like a slave to raise 4 boys.
John Betts is his dad. He may not be on any mountains but he is a real man.
And the fact John was listed as a step dad and my name wasn't even mentioned just a step brother. I hope no child ever has to live like that again. Ask Tina about their storybook relationship.
Quit sugar coating the fact that you soulless animals killed Donald.
And that garbage of he's at peace, or he would have wanted this.
There are people who should die alone hanging from a cord. My brother was not one of them.
Nicole

Akron, OH

#77 Aug 21, 2014
I often think about you...your not forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban Dec 13 footnote TYPICAL ... 7
blank scripts Dec 13 jayzie2014 3
Family of powdered caffeine-overdose victim mee... Dec 12 Typical Dick 3
Oberlin College Cancels Classes after Person in... (Mar '13) Dec 10 chrishateskkk 2
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! Dec 8 NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Fight at RC's Saturday night Nov '14 Peaceful parter 1
Jon DeWitt Jul '14 mee 1
Oberlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oberlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oberlin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oberlin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]