Oberlin printing company to close; 119 workers to lose jobs

Feb 24, 2010 Full story: Chronicle-Telegram 48

City officials learned Tuesday that 119 employees at World Color Press, formerly Quebecor World Inc., will lose their jobs at the printing company on Artino Street.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Iknowsum

Jackson, TN

#44 Mar 5, 2010
lol we all know that who dat trying to act like he don't work for wc, is on our boards way too much to not work here. He just too busy squirming in his seat right now, on here looking for some info, and hoping his plant don't shut down. He's too big a smart ass and too involved in the discussion boards not to be worried. So, who dat, which facility do you work at?
PrinterGuy8383

Elk Grove Village, IL

#45 Apr 14, 2010
Who dat wrote:
To the 119 employees. I am sorry. I wish only the best to all of you.
Same here.
John Boy

Newton, NC

#46 Apr 14, 2010
oberlin facility wrote:
yes are VP is going to atlanta and he is takeing are $12million dollar account with him (orlandi).get ready atlanta the biggest piece of shit and cut throat fucker is comeing to your shop.he has no clue how to run a plant but he is very good at fucknpeople over and lying rite to your faces.good luck atlanta make rodger starette feel like nobody like he did us here at oberlin.
Hey dude, Take some grammar lessons and learn how to spell. It might help you in the job market.
Former QW

Geneva, IL

#47 Apr 14, 2010
You all forget that when we were the former World Color, we had a base to build on with 43,000 employees - and many plants - Quebecor destoyed that, and now Quad will further diminish this to less than 30,000. But, print will never go away, despite what is done. If we all do our best to support the print media, it will not go away. Just my thoughts
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#48 Apr 14, 2010
John Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dude, Take some grammar lessons and learn how to spell. It might help you in the job market.

... and then again, it may not ...
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#49 Apr 14, 2010
Former QW wrote:
You all forget that when we were the former World Color, we had a base to build on with 43,000 employees - and many plants - Quebecor destoyed that, and now Quad will further diminish this to less than 30,000. But, print will never go away, despite what is done. If we all do our best to support the print media, it will not go away. Just my thoughts

I agree - print will never entirely go away. One other thing is important to remember. If our underlying PRIOR companies (such as ALCO Gravure, Alden Press, Arcata, W. F. Hall, Texas Color, Providence Gravure, and many others) had not been "rode hard and put up wet" by their respective owners and management, do you think all of this would have happened?
Prior resident

Jackson, KY

#51 Jun 24, 2010
Prayers to U all I knew some old timers and Iam sure prior classmates worked there. I gave my bussiness up a few years ago had cut way back. I never thought I would ever be at an employers mercy again and here I am also.Its rough but look ahead scrimp and figure out how to survive and start over.
former obie worker

Elyria, OH

#52 Jun 27, 2010
Doraville wrote:
How is the GM at Oberline hearing he's coming down to the Doraville Facility
how about an opinion on Roger Starret now that he has been there awhile

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The Bronze' and the explicit scene everyone's ... Jan 23 cvhbv 1
Dallas Washington, Jr. Jan 3 CHERISSE WILLIAMS... 1
Review: SIN Studio Tattoo Dec '14 Nicole G 1
tina mae walton, james turner Dec '14 jessie 1
U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban Dec '14 footnote TYPICAL ... 7
blank scripts Dec '14 jayzie2014 3
Family of powdered caffeine-overdose victim mee... Dec '14 Typical Dick 3
Oberlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web