Oberlin printing company to close; 119 workers to lose jobs

Feb 24, 2010 Full story: Chronicle-Telegram 48

City officials learned Tuesday that 119 employees at World Color Press, formerly Quebecor World Inc., will lose their jobs at the printing company on Artino Street.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#1 Feb 24, 2010
To the 119 employees. I am sorry. I wish only the best to all of you.
waukee gal

Ashburn, VA

#2 Feb 24, 2010
Terrie Smith came to our plant awhile back that mean we are doomed to?
Doraville

Smyrna, GA

#3 Feb 24, 2010
How is the GM at Oberline hearing he's coming down to the Doraville Facility
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#4 Feb 24, 2010
waukee gal wrote:
Terrie Smith came to our plant awhile back that mean we are doomed to?
Nobody is safe anymore. My advice is sharpen/acquire any skills that will be useful for you as an individual. Everybody is self-employed nowadays, there is no more company loyalty.
Bill

Pana, IL

#5 Feb 24, 2010
So what does the big picture look like? Where will the work from Oberlin go to, and how many more plants are being looked at. If the article was true, the Oberlin Plant was somewhat efficient and did not seem to be that old?? Does Effingham and Atlanta have any worries here??
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#6 Feb 24, 2010
Bill wrote:
So what does the big picture look like? Where will the work from Oberlin go to, and how many more plants are being looked at. If the article was true, the Oberlin Plant was somewhat efficient and did not seem to be that old?? Does Effingham and Atlanta have any worries here??
The big picture is that all WC employees who stay on board are playing russian roulette with their jobs.
oberlin facility

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2010
yes are VP is going to atlanta and he is takeing are $12million dollar account with him (orlandi).get ready atlanta the biggest piece of shit and cut throat fucker is comeing to your shop.he has no clue how to run a plant but he is very good at fucknpeople over and lying rite to your faces.good luck atlanta make rodger starette feel like nobody like he did us here at oberlin.
plague

Youngstown, OH

#8 Feb 25, 2010
Can we get a amen for oberlin facility ..

Stop the presses, hold on just a minute, this story can't be true, Obama was just in Lorain County and he said he was creating and saving jobs..........

119 backwards = 911
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#9 Feb 25, 2010
Who dat wrote:
<quoted text>
The big picture is that all WC employees who stay on board are playing russian roulette with their jobs.

Well, then - the obvious answer is that we SHOULDN'T stay on board. No, Sir! We should all stand up, walk away from Worldcolor, and get ourselves some other decent-paying jobs.

Yes, Sir! Let's quit playing Russian roulette with our jobs and claim one of those many thousands of other jobs which are ours for the asking. Now THAT's the big picture.
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#10 Feb 25, 2010
plague wrote:
Can we get a amen for oberlin facility ..
Stop the presses, hold on just a minute, this story can't be true, Obama was just in Lorain County and he said he was creating and saving jobs..........
119 backwards = 911

Well, of course! EVERYTHING that's gone wrong is OBAMA's fault!
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#11 Feb 25, 2010
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>

Better yet, you should look for a position outside the printing industry. Acquire a new set of skills instead of posting daily comments on these forums.
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#12 Feb 25, 2010
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#13 Feb 25, 2010
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#14 Feb 25, 2010
Who dat wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe you could open your own printing business with your infinite wisdom

With infinite wisdom, I certainly wouldn't open a printing business.
Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#15 Feb 25, 2010
Who dat wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe you have no other marketable skills other than putting ink on paper.

Sadly, I have absolutely no marketable skills whatsoever.
Itsme

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2010
Oh yes "who dat", good idea now. I think I will throw the 18 years away to go across the street and get a new job, because they are so plentiful right now. Hmmm, yes that is a good idea. Take a look around, you seem to be on here trashing everyone because they are on the brink of losing their job. Most places are not hiring right now, and quite a few are laying off. I'm glad your job seems so stable. You must not work for wc/quad.
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#17 Feb 25, 2010
Itsme wrote:
Oh yes "who dat", good idea now. I think I will throw the 18 years away to go across the street and get a new job, because they are so plentiful right now. Hmmm, yes that is a good idea. Take a look around, you seem to be on here trashing everyone because they are on the brink of losing their job. Most places are not hiring right now, and quite a few are laying off. I'm glad your job seems so stable. You must not work for wc/quad.
Of course not, I do not work for WC/quad. Yes, I am on here with the sole purpose of trashing everyone, not because they are on the brink of losing their jobs, but because none of you should even be reading these forums, they are a complete waste of time.

Also, my new supervisor allows me to browse these forums with no possible repercussions whatsoever. He is a former WC employee. He even encourages me to do it.
Itsme

Milan, TN

#18 Feb 25, 2010
Yes, a complete waste of our time? I see, thats why you are on all of these boards. Hmm ok. No, not a waste of time, some of these boards are helpful in communicating with the other plants to see how they are doing. Instead of trashing someone who lost their job or is about to lose their job, words of encouragement would do better. I fear losing my job as I have 2 kids to support by myself. I fear for others losing their job as well. When you have given your life to a company and know nothing else, it is hard to walk into another job especially with the job market to small right now. We are worried about the future, I am glad you do not have to. And your boss encourages you to get on a discussion board that has absolutely nothing to do with you or him? He must be an idiot as well.
Who dat

Hanover Park, IL

#19 Feb 25, 2010
I'm sorry you are in fear of losing your job. But that is no reason to bring your kids into the discussion.

My advice to you is find another way of communicating with other plants (via email, phone, etc.)

Like I said, I am not on these boards to communicate any useful information whatsoever.

Besides, 90% of the information being passed on these boards isn't useful at all. Nearly 50% is shit spewing.

Get back to work and stop worrying about what is being posted on these forums.
one of many

Elyria, OH

#20 Feb 25, 2010
good luck to all at the atlanta plant.. roger closed our plant and now he is coming for you..maybe he will kiss you before he sticks it up your a-hole just a note from one of the 119

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Mar 24 Elyriamom 180
News 25-year old Matthew Plas arrested and charged w... (May '08) Mar 6 Robyn Lynn Shipman 9
who is cassie remali? Feb '15 kay 1
Oberlin dedicated forum Jan '15 DKN 1
News 'The Bronze' and the explicit scene everyone's ... Jan '15 cvhbv 1
News Dallas Washington, Jr. Jan '15 CHERISSE WILLIAMS... 1
Review: SIN Studio Tattoo Dec '14 Nicole G 1
Oberlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oberlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]