Family killed in wreck near Oberlin |...

Family killed in wreck near Oberlin | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 17, 2010, titled Family killed in wreck near Oberlin | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An Ohio man, his pregnant wife and their 1-year-old daughter have been killed in a traffic accident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bewildered

Newark, OH

#1 Nov 17, 2010
What a horrible tragedy. Rest in peace.
Judy

Independence, OH

#2 Nov 17, 2010
It's terrible to say, but it's almost a blessing all were taken. Can you imagine what the baby would have faced should it have survived?
Outraged

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2010
This is such a sad sad story.

My thoughts and prayers are with the rest of their families and friends.

May they rest in peace!

AOL

#4 Nov 17, 2010
Judy wrote:
It's terrible to say, but it's almost a blessing all were taken. Can you imagine what the baby would have faced should it have survived?
Judy, I assume the baby would have been adopted by a deserving family and raised as their child if there was no other family members to do it. I certainly can't see where it's a blessing the baby didn't survive.
abe

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 17, 2010
When I'm driving on a 2 lane highway and I see a truck coming from the opposite direction, my senses are heightened, I steer closer to the outside of my lane, I slow down a bit, and I watch the road ahead of me, and the truck peripherally.

Are there no defensive drivers out there any more?
Plane Sense

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2010
Judy wrote:
We cannot be The Creator - at the beginning - nor at the end.
God Bless the family.
Retired Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Nov 17, 2010
Pray foe the lost souls and for family that must bury loved ones but do not forget also those that responded and saw the carnage that will forever be in their minds. You never forget a scene like that and it touches all that you are the rest of your life.
Buckeye Chuck

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 17, 2010
What a great doctor to take such heroic actions to attempt to save a life.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 17, 2010
Retired Deputy wrote:
Pray foe the lost souls and for family that must bury loved ones but do not forget also those that responded and saw the carnage that will forever be in their minds. You never forget a scene like that and it touches all that you are the rest of your life.
I think the people who choose the profession of EMT, Doctor, nurse, etc....eventually get use to it. I feel for the families that now have to bury their loved ones....but keep the medical profession out of this, they do this for a living and see death daily. Whatever!!!!!!!!!!
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Nov 17, 2010
Whatever ... You NEVER get "used to it" if you did you would be one slouless person.
cammy

Elmhurst, IL

#11 Nov 17, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the people who choose the profession of EMT, Doctor, nurse, etc....eventually get use to it. I feel for the families that now have to bury their loved ones....but keep the medical profession out of this, they do this for a living and see death daily. Whatever!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't see how anyone could get used to seeing a dead or severely injured child. Also would you say the same about our soldiers that see death daily that they are used to it? Have you ever heard of Post Traumatic Syndrome? Most people have a heart and feelings and this type of thing affects deeply no matter who you are or what your profession may be.
magdalena

Medina, OH

#12 Nov 17, 2010
To Whatever, Your name says it all about you. You are so wrong! Emergency and Medical people DO NOT get used to it.

May this young family rest in peace.

Thank you to all who tried to help.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#13 Nov 17, 2010
cammy wrote:
<quoted text> I really don't see how anyone could get used to seeing a dead or severely injured child. Also would you say the same about our soldiers that see death daily that they are used to it? Have you ever heard of Post Traumatic Syndrome? Most people have a heart and feelings and this type of thing affects deeply no matter who you are or what your profession may be.
BIG DIFFERENCE IN BEING A SOLDIER AND HAVING TO KILL PEOPLE FOR THE UNGREATFUL PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!! I HAD A CHILD WHO SERVED THIS UNGREATFUL COUNTRY, BIG DIFFERENCE IN CHOSING TO PLAY GOD AND SEEING DEATH AND TRYING TO DEFEND A COUNTRY THAT COULD CARE LESS!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Nov 17, 2010
God, how awful.
Grove City Grump

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
They choose their profession, I don't feel sorry for them...they get paid great to see death!
I hope that spouting the abusive swill you've contributed to this thread provides yoiu some satisfaction but you clearly are in need of more help, from some of the very professionals you would demean.
cammy

Elmhurst, IL

#18 Nov 17, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG DIFFERENCE IN BEING A SOLDIER AND HAVING TO KILL PEOPLE FOR THE UNGREATFUL PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!! I HAD A CHILD WHO SERVED THIS UNGREATFUL COUNTRY, BIG DIFFERENCE IN CHOSING TO PLAY GOD AND SEEING DEATH AND TRYING TO DEFEND A COUNTRY THAT COULD CARE LESS!
This is about a terrible tragedy. I don't understand why you have so much hate. I won't argue with you because most people that show this much hate for no apparent reason have had a tragic event in their life and do not know how to deal with it other than anger. All the retired deputy was trying to say is we all feel for this family and it's difficult to be on site in one of these situation instead of reading about it. Please try to understand people are affected and do care..
retired OH cop in MT

Helena, MT

#19 Nov 17, 2010
Wahtever wrote the he/she "had a child who served ...." Does that mean that you lost your son to the war in the middle east? If that is the case, I am sorry for your loss. I understand your anger.
Sheesh

Cleveland, OH

#20 Nov 17, 2010
abe wrote:
When I'm driving on a 2 lane highway and I see a truck coming from the opposite direction, my senses are heightened, I steer closer to the outside of my lane, I slow down a bit, and I watch the road ahead of me, and the truck peripherally.
Are there no defensive drivers out there any more?
So - you get a little gold star. Way to use the deaths of 4 people to make you a superior driver, a legend in your own mind.
Ace of cakes

Columbus, OH

#21 Nov 17, 2010
how sad.....
abe

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Nov 17, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>So - you get a little gold star. Way to use the deaths of 4 people to make you a superior driver, a legend in your own mind.
No, I just don't get how you don't SEE or REACT to a truck coming at you. Especially when you have precious cargo in your control.

How does one drift into the other lane - when one is not paying attention. And there were 2 adults in the car, obviously they were BOTH distracted.

Get over your own mental self-legend. I drive smart, if that means "superior" then so be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Jul 10 Harry Timbercrank 191
The Harell Clan - Drug Dealers all week - Open ... (May '15) Jul 10 middie 13
News How Baby Boomers Are Shaking Up the Retirement ... Jun '17 They cannot kill ... 4
News Benjamin J. Westfall (Mar '06) May '17 Nicole 9
News 'Enough is enough'Sheriff and Willard city mana... May '17 Mookie 1
News Councilman found guilty (Jun '07) Apr '17 Joseph Monteleone 7
Grandparent raising grandchildren Mar '17 Barbara Gochnour 1

Oberlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oberlin Mortgages