Authorities say dogs maul Ohio owner ...

Authorities say dogs maul Ohio owner to death | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 40 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Authorities say dogs maul Ohio owner to death | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Authorities say an Ohio man was attacked and killed by his family's dogs, who left bite wounds all over his body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Multiple dog owner

United States

#22 Jun 16, 2010
TinMan wrote:
Dogs are generally a refection of the enviroment where they are rasied. I find it hard to believe that a bunch of lap-dogs got up one morning and decided to kill their owner. There must be more to the story.
Tin Man is sooo right. I own multiple large dogs. No problems that cannot be handled with a firm voice and fair hand. True, the environment dogs are raised in is reflected in their behavior. Definitely more to the story. Wonder if we will ever find out "the rest of the story....."
sam the sham

Mount Vernon, OH

#23 Jun 16, 2010
How would you like to have lived next door to this Ivy Leaguer? You may call it a tragedy, but I call it justice.
Buckeye Chuck

Columbus, OH

#24 Jun 16, 2010
This is the reason you should never wear meat scented aftershave
Multiple dog owner

United States

#25 Jun 16, 2010
Right Wing Lunatic wrote:
How can somebody afford to feed seven dogs in the first place?
Easy - no cigarettes, no going out to movies or drinking one or two nights a week, no expensive clothes shopping binges. A bottle of wine will get you thru two home cooked steak dinners. Sears, Pennys, Target, Kohl's clothes wear just as well as Limited, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, Sak's etc. It's all in the small sacrifices.
The Red Raider

Columbus, OH

#26 Jun 16, 2010
10 to 1 they were pits and rots. One less moron who breeds canine trash like that.
Do tell

Columbus, OH

#27 Jun 16, 2010
See spot run....here doggie...good doggie
You are an idiot

Columbus, OH

#28 Jun 16, 2010
The Red Raider wrote:
10 to 1 they were pits and rots. One less moron who breeds canine trash like that.
If it were a pit bull breed the media would have been all over it. Just another moron (to use your word) to comment on something they know absolutely nothing about. Do a little research before you refer to other people as morons. PS..."pits" are not a breed; pit bull is not a breed...it is a term used LOOSELY to describe multiple breeds. 10 to 1 you have never actually encountered any of these types of dogs in the loving home environment they deserve to be in. You base your opinions on the "trash" you see reported about in the spoon fed news you read everyday.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#29 Jun 16, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
I bet this is a good day for the neighbors.
Haha, too bad it can't happen with my neighbors yippee little mutts.
megalulz

United States

#31 Jun 16, 2010
Multiple dog owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Tin Man is sooo right. I own multiple large dogs. No problems that cannot be handled with a firm voice and fair hand. True, the environment dogs are raised in is reflected in their behavior. Definitely more to the story. Wonder if we will ever find out "the rest of the story....."
All the dogs are dead; I think the story is over. Having 9 dogs is quite a bit out of the ordinary though, you may have an easy time keeping control over 2 or 3 big dogs but do you really think 9 wouldn't eventually develop their own ideas about who was in charge? It would take constant attention to keep them in check, and clearly he wasn't giving them that (considering he didn't know about the attack until his son bled out on their driveway)...

Irresponsible dog ownership is reprehensible; if you ask me the dad/owner/whoever should at least get involuntary manslaughter for the death.
Dogtown

Columbus, OH

#32 Jun 16, 2010
Some dog owners are real idiots.
SekhmetsatRa

Westerville, OH

#33 Jun 16, 2010
Were they outside dogs? wouldn't surprise me in the least, if so. "Family" dogs are just that, LIVING, SLEEPING, etc with the FAMILY. A resident dog just cohabits a property, that the "human" owner just shoves food and water at if it's lucky.
I own 2 big dogs, and they are FAMILY dogs. I hate stories like this, because in this day and age, people really should know better.
http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/
Just Me

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Jun 16, 2010
cmhbob wrote:
Interesting that they didn't identify the breed yet. If the dogs had any visual characteristics common to pit bulls, the media would have been all over it.
Pack of 'weiner dogs'...they can be aggressive.
Cru Jones

Columbus, OH

#35 Jun 16, 2010
GraceeMae wrote:
My thoughts and prayers are with this guy's family.. make jokes all you want but I have a feeling they won't find them very funny.. would you if it were your family member?
You're stupid if you read messages left on the forum after something serious happens to someone you care about. This is, after all, where the cesspool of society congregates.
Ret Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#36 Jun 16, 2010
Horrible Death ... But folks we may have just found a solution to the lethal injection issue.
Wolfman

Elmira, NY

#37 Jun 17, 2010
Reminds me of the song: "The Prince Was Eaten By His Panties"
The Rational One

Columbus, OH

#38 Jun 17, 2010
You are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>If it were a pit bull breed the media would have been all over it. Just another moron (to use your word) to comment on something they know absolutely nothing about. Do a little research before you refer to other people as morons. PS..."pits" are not a breed; pit bull is not a breed...it is a term used LOOSELY to describe multiple breeds. 10 to 1 you have never actually encountered any of these types of dogs in the loving home environment they deserve to be in. You base your opinions on the "trash" you see reported about in the spoon fed news you read everyday.
No doubt. The dogs aren't trash, the people that buy the dogs and make them vicious are the trash.

When I'm walking my dog the meanest dogs that I encounter are the little 10 pound dogs with some type of inferiority complex. And their owners think it's funny or just not an issue to let them run loose and attack bigger dogs. More idiot owners.
You are an idiot

Columbus, OH

#39 Jun 17, 2010
The Rational One wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt. The dogs aren't trash, the people that buy the dogs and make them vicious are the trash.
When I'm walking my dog the meanest dogs that I encounter are the little 10 pound dogs with some type of inferiority complex. And their owners think it's funny or just not an issue to let them run loose and attack bigger dogs. More idiot owners.
Your name says it all; you are the rational one:) I know exactly what you are referring to. It never ceases to amaze me the way certain people work. When I am walking my dogs on leash and a smaller dog is walking with its owner (often off leash) out of respect I will stop and make my dogs sit until they walk past. Even while the smaller dog is pulling on its leash (or running toward my dogs off their leash) growling and barking at my dogs; mine will continue to sit and behave like gentlemen. What is most irritating though is the way the owners of the small dogs look at me with disgust as if it is my dogs fault that hers/his is misbehaving. Its laughable. Yes, large dogs do have the ability to cause more damage than small dogs but they are also less likely to attack than small dogs when raised and treated properly; just like any other breed of dog. But those people who are "anti-pit bull breeds" dont seem to realize that they are helping to create these "vicious monsters" they see in the media. The more you protest something and the more stigma you create around something the more it will intimidate and deter the responsible pet owners from raising them the way they should be. This in turn is putting these otherwise sweet,calm,loyal companions into the hands of the criminals who are turning them into vicious monsters. Outlaw them? Ban them? Euthanize them? This will only increase the number of attacks you hear about because last I checked criminals have no problem with breaking the laws. It just takes them out of the hands of kind, caring, responsible, law abiding citizens. Very sad that people cant see that.
Hmmm

Zanesville, OH

#40 Jun 17, 2010
If you choose to have dogs that are that dangerous, it serves you right when they eat you.
Right Wing Lunatic

United States

#41 Jun 18, 2010
I just don't understand why someone would take on the liability of owning a vicious dog. If it attacks and kills a neighbor, their family could sue you from everything you've got. They could take your house, your cars, and garnish your wages. They could take your 401-K and everything.
infowars

United States

#42 Jun 18, 2010
Wow, an unfortunate accident! Well that's it then.
I say we need an "Assault Dogs Ban" and a "5 day waiting period" for all dogs over 8 lbs.

Further more, I say we need an FBI background check before anyone buys a dog too. We need thumb prints and paperwork data base for all dog owners.

We need a "Dog Purchase Limit" of no more then 5 dogs a day. Why anyone would need more then 5 dogs is beyond me.

We need to close the "Dog Show Loophole".

We need stricter licensing and regulation for anyone wanting to have a dog in public areas. We also need legislation for a permit to keep a dog in your car.

Seriously, I think only the military and police should have dogs!!!!

Basically we need to End Dog Violence!!!

After-all, if we can save just one life, then we have done our job!

Did you know that 90% of all dogs in Mexico came from America? Oh yes, it's true! And these dogs are being used by the cartels. Yet another reason to Ban Dogs!

See also:

CDC data (centers for dog control)
HDV (home dog violence league)
Benji Act (5 day waiting period & anti dog laws)
VDPC (violent dog policy center)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
searching (Jan '16) Nov 4 Searching Searching 2
Why I'm voting for Gary Johnson Nov '16 Defektor 1
The Harell Clan - Drug Dealers all week - Open ... (May '15) Oct '16 Middie 5
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Oct '16 Thar 185
News Two cousins wanted for attempted murder, robbery Oct '16 Bloomp 1
Ashley Long Oct '16 Wondering 1
News Investigations 19 mins ago 5:36 p.m.Exclusive v... Sep '16 FedUp 1

Oberlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance