Police Search for Woman Missing After...

Police Search for Woman Missing After Red Box Selection

There are 25 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 9, 2010, titled Police Search for Woman Missing After Red Box Selection. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The Wellington Police Department asked for the public's help in finding a diabetic woman who has been missing without her medication since making a trip to the Wal Mart Red Box Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
darlene ramsey

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 9, 2010
I pray that she is alright and found soon. My prayers to the family,because there is so much going on these days. Stay prayerful and trust God that she will return soon!
erica d

Ashtabula, OH

#2 Oct 9, 2010
thats so sad i hope they find her safe
Lisa Bryant

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Oct 9, 2010
She has Light crystal blue eyes NOT BROWN!
bswope

Mantua, OH

#4 Oct 9, 2010
Her eyes are blue. Also, there is a facebook page 'Find Gwen Virag Simon Wright' with over 450 members. Please view it for photos. Please get the word out so we can bring this wonderful woman home.
Rachael

Canton, OH

#5 Oct 9, 2010
What movie did she rent?
Huh

Mansfield, OH

#6 Oct 9, 2010
what is "walmart red box" ?
Jean

Euclid, OH

#7 Oct 9, 2010
Huh wrote:
what is "walmart red box" ?
Redboxes are in supermarkets, stores for renting movies.
New To This

Lorain, OH

#8 Oct 9, 2010
Rachael, nothing better to do on a Sat nigh than...
New To This

Lorain, OH

#9 Oct 9, 2010
sorry, night
confused

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2010
why did she call her husband at 1005 and then leave walmart at almost midnight.just to get a movie took two hours?
Boldnsassy

Avon, OH

#11 Oct 10, 2010
confused wrote:
why did she call her husband at 1005 and then leave walmart at almost midnight.just to get a movie took two hours?
She works night shift with us at Mercy. It is a normal schedule for her to be up at night. She talked to her husband at 1005, but didn't go to Walmart until after 11pm. She posted to her Facebook that she was going to run to get a girly flick to enjoy her last night off.
Neighbor

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2010
I pray that she is afe and returns home to her loved ones soon! God Be With Her!!
Westlake OH

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 10, 2010
She doesn't seem like the type that would just run off. Sounds like foul play. Has the movie been returned? Doubt it but it might lead to more information. I pray for her family and friends. Such an awful story. Poor lady. Did anybody in Walmart see anything? Remember her being in there? Did she buy anything? Was she alone? Any security camera tape of her inside the store? Or of the other customers in there at the time? Where is her car? Oh, think the car still now found. Oh, my God, just awful. Where was she when she used cell to call husband at 10:05. Same place from where she made the fb post?
Mark Brown

AOL

#14 Oct 10, 2010
what is the license plate number of vehicle? That may come in handy for family and friends to text part of discription to help in locating Gwen like an Amber alert for Adults
Karon

Atwater, OH

#15 Oct 10, 2010
The time frame seems long from the time she spoke with her husband and seen leaving the parking lot, almost 2 hrs? I pray she is alright and returns safely to her family .
Deb

Newark, OH

#16 Oct 10, 2010
Maybe the police need to check the parking lots at Columbus International Airport. Maybe she used the money she got in Mt. vernon to buy an airplane ticket.
Nurse Janine

Akron, OH

#17 Oct 11, 2010
Why is the husband talking so off the wall on the videos. The one I just saw on the news was so odd. Just about how great they have been getting along lately and how their friends are even saying it. I wish I could see it again, the whole thing was odd. Like she thinks the world of him and so on. I know people deal with things different and maybe it just hasn't hit him yet is all. I just get a weird vibe from the video like almost a "I am a good guy and had nothing to do with this our friends will back me up".

“No respect.”

Since: Aug 10

Cleburne, TX

#18 Oct 11, 2010
Nurse Janine wrote:
Why is the husband talking so off the wall on the videos. The one I just saw on the news was so odd. Just about how great they have been getting along lately and how their friends are even saying it. I wish I could see it again, the whole thing was odd. Like she thinks the world of him and so on. I know people deal with things different and maybe it just hasn't hit him yet is all. I just get a weird vibe from the video like almost a "I am a good guy and had nothing to do with this our friends will back me up".
I thought it was a bit of an odd response, also.

It is my guess he is well aware the first person most people suspect in a disappearnace case like this is the spouse. And those comments were meant to deflect those opinions.

With that being said. He did seem like a very genuinely kind man, and I really don't believe he had anything to do with his wife's disappearance. I hope the best for his wife, and her safe return home.
Nurse Janine

Akron, OH

#19 Oct 11, 2010
Glad it wasn't just me thinking that. Thing is if you are upset the love of your life is missing you are not capable of going into the mode of protecting what people think of you. You are too upset and scared for the love of your life to even think about your rep and public opinion.

I don't think he seems like the type either especially with the supposed atm footage but I have been shocked before.

Walmart should hand over the video footage they are ridiculous. It was probably already taped over after 3 days.
powderpuff

Medina, OH

#20 Oct 11, 2010
Has anyone checked the REDBOX acct. to see if & where the movie was returned???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH (May '06) Nov 17 Steve P 24
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Nov 12 Big Red 70
Chris Ehlers? Nov 5 Pissed off 2
You're all wrong! Oct 30 Mylastnameispopul... 2
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Oct 30 Mylastnameispopul... 193
Small town Oct '17 Shagnasty 1
Outrage, Man threatened police families, after OVI Aug '17 Sherwin Nelson 1

Oberlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oberlin Mortgages