1,200 Dogs Euthanized After Disease O...

1,200 Dogs Euthanized After Disease Outbreak

There are 3 comments on the WFMZ story from Dec 15, 2010, titled 1,200 Dogs Euthanized After Disease Outbreak. In it, WFMZ reports that:

An estimated 1,200 dogs at a Kansas kennel were euthanized after an outbreak in Wyoming of the highly contagious disease distemper was linked to the large-scale breeding operation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Avis

Rural Hall, NC

#1 Dec 16, 2010
that"s so sadder news. i am crying and crying for these innocent dogs to put down for the breeder's not good taking care of them. then he should not have business to take dog kennels. he should be forbidden!! i cant believe that he treated them not good... he must be fined and put in jail for not taking good care of them.
Avis

Rural Hall, NC

#2 Dec 16, 2010
thousand of dogs had gone for nothing and not in his good care of breeding operation. He must be forbidden to have breeding operation business. I pray that he will be fined more . i can't believe that they allowed him to keep his business after all he treated them dirty. now there was outbreak for them in his care and had them put down. I hope these innocent dogs will be happy in dog heaven.
Anna

Bloomington, IN

#3 Dec 16, 2010
They are letting him go back into business?!? I'm sorry but how absurd is that? Why do people not understand that this was animal cruelty and a lack of responsibility by letting these puppies be sold in pet stores where they are exposed to other animals, who in turn also get sick. I'm sure this is just a puppy mill situation. Why don't government officials understand that these poor animals do experience things like sadness and pain and discomfort? How dare these people let this man continue to breed and sell puppies. Shame on them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oberlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richard Lee Kump Has Been Located (Oct '10) Sep '16 Pamela Christensen 5
who did it and why? (Dec '14) Dec '14 elmer fudd 1
News Sheriff blames alcohol for woes (May '06) Sep '13 Bruno 2
The Large st Free Onl ine Dating Website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lenny Bowen 1
house at 608 west hall street oberlin,kansas 67749 (Apr '12) Aug '12 good_old_boy 2
News Oberlin mourns loss of popular young airman (Oct '11) Oct '11 TheTruthWillLockT... 2
News Attorney General files murder charges in Decatu... (Oct '11) Oct '11 US Citizen 1

Oberlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oberlin Mortgages