Vandals Hit Oakwood Neighborhood
#1 Mar 24, 2008
Well maybe the upper class people of oakwood are finally getting a taste of what the rest of us in the dayton and surrounding areas deal with boo hoo for oakwood
#4 May 15, 2008
Way to go - prove Oakwood's point. People make choices...if you chose to live in a less safe environment, you must deal with the consequences.
#5 May 15, 2008
We welcome them in West Carrollton!
#8 Jan 16, 2009
Oakwood is a very nice place to live the people that live there pay very high tax's and the schools are great.
#10 Mar 7, 2010
Here it is people. Problem people are invading Oakwood's peace and serenity. Those people have no respect for civilization, life, and liberty and they show their resentment toward Western civilization by vandalizing properties, victimizing innocent people, and by their deviant behavior and lifestyle. Here's the editorial from the Oakwood Register regarding the crime surge and moral rot that problem people pose to the good citizens of that fine town:
"Preserving our neighborhood
Re:“More trouble every day”– Lance Winkler is correct. Oakwood citizens do need to become protective of their children in addition to being proactive in protecting their community and our way of life against the social deviance that surrounds us. What can we as a community do? I’ve asked myself this several times in the last couple of years. The first answer was quick and easy-MOVE! But where? Well! Since I am not a south suburb, ranch home, rural, drive everywhere sort of person anywhere south of Oakwood was quickly eliminated. And truth be told I love our central location. So - after much thought the final answer was simple – move to one of the historic districts in Dayton. Great that would definitely solve the problem of the social deviance that surrounds us! OK – so I decided that we would stay put in Oakwood. But if we stay the next problem is what can we as citizens do to preserve our way of life under the Dome.The eight things that I can think of are:
1. Be proactive……..call the police when you see something suspicious. Don’t hesitate - just do it.
2. Get to know your neighbors and form neighborhood watches.
3. Continue to show pride in your home and your neighborhood – this is important because property values depend on maintenance of homes and these old homes do need to be continually maintained.
4. Keep our schools strong. What really sells these old one-bathroom houses is our great school system.
5. Think like one of the local historic districts. Let’s ask St. Anne’s Hill, McPherson Town, the Oregon District and the other local historic districts for their input on preserving our neighborhood and a way of life. How do they manage among the social deviance?
6. Protect our property – it is time for security systems and locked doors. The days of not locking our doors, garages, and cars are over.
7. Finally the city of Oakwood needs to work with surrounding communities, Kettering specifically. One of the recently elected Kettering council members, Ashley Webb, specifically mentioned the problems with north Kettering and the need to eliminate these problems. Oakwood and Kettering need to work as a team to solve the problems east of Shroyer Road.
8. Demand that the city manager monitor rental properties. Regulations regarding rentals are on the books, it is just a matter of enforcing the regulations. Too often the codes regarding rental properties are not enforced as they should be.
I implore our council members, mayor, and city manager to please be proactive, please put more time and energy into preserving our community and less energy into Pointe Oakwood. I promise I will do all I can to support them because it is either that or move - and if everyone in Oakwood does that it will be truly sad."
Since: Jan 10
#11 Mar 7, 2010
It's called "Diversity" Welcome to the liberal dream Oakwood.
Add your comments below
|Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15)||1 hr||truthful||200|
|Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12)||Mon||Rickhammond||28|
|The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10)||Mon||Anybody Anywhere||21,174|
|Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08)||Mon||Boro parent||32,019|
|child murders 1980 (Jul '08)||Mon||StillHaughtsme||18|
|2 men accused of raping woman in Dayton (Aug '12)||Mon||Zoom||8|
|sunny acres||Sep 16||agree||2|
Find what you want!
Search Oakwood Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC