Lawmakers want parents to attend teen driving sessions

Full story: Connecticut Post

Parents could soon be required to attend part of their teenagers' driver training classes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Lisa Gi

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

If some parents took the responsibility of learning the rules before they're are broken, there would be no need for this bill. Sadly too many parents are so happy to have the kid driving and out that they act deaf, dumb and blind to the rules............than they don't undrstand why little Johnny and his friends died. I think this bill makes sense
BILL PHOENIX

Maricopa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

MAY BE THE PARENTS DROVE LIKE IDIOTS,MAY BE THE KIDS SEE IT ON TV AND THINK ITS REAL,BUT YOU WILL NEVER MAKE LAWS THAT TEACH COMMON SENSE. ENFORCE THE LAWS YOU HAVE,MAKE THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE VIOLATION.....
AVA

Duncan, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

Do you think because a parent has to go to classes with the kids it will stop the kids from driving like maniacs when the parents are not with them? I think NOT.Kids think they are invinceable and it's not going to happen to them.We all got are licenses when we were teens and I can make a guess that we all showed off once or twice ...we were just lucky.
give me a break

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Can you be any more clueless?

If the parents attend the driver's ed classes, they will have a higher driving eductation themselves, and thereby be more cautious about lending their children a vehicle and where these kids are driving them.

Class? I think AVA missed the point as ususal.
Abe

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Bullsh%t!!!!!$$*$* the lawmakers!
AVA

Duncan, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

give me a break wrote:
Can you be any more clueless?
If the parents attend the driver's ed classes, they will have a higher driving eductation themselves, and thereby be more cautious about lending their children a vehicle and where these kids are driving them.
Class? I think AVA missed the point as ususal.
I went to drivers Ed and then still was not able to drive until my Father made sure I knew how..I also had to learn to drive stick shift.The idiot writing this obviously does not drive nor have kids especially teenagers. Sounds like CT SAM...PS education is spelled incorrectlysowho is clueless...DUH
concerned mom

Pine Brook, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

My daugther is scheduled to take her license test next week. I think that parents should definately be more involved and more in the know about the restrictions. They should be willing to enforce the restrictions. I know too many parents who don't care if their newly licensed driver has other kids in the car. As parents and "experienced" drivers we also need to set examples. How many drivers are rushing, speeding, talking on cell phones, reading papers, etc. To me that is sending a "do as I say, not as I do" message. Or do these drivers think that when they are "experienced" they can break the law.

I also think that too many 16 years olds having their own cars is a concern. When I got my license, I was lucky to drive my dad's car and that was few and far between
kweeks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

More laws, that's was we need!! The state should start by fixing the current driving laws. Make speed limits usuable and enforce them. 25mph is not realistic on most town roads. Make it 40 mph and have the police enforce it at 41mph. Kids would know the ticket is coming and may take speed more seriuosly. Adults too.
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

AVA wrote:
Do you think because a parent has to go to classes with the kids it will stop the kids from driving like maniacs when the parents are not with them? I think NOT.Kids think they are invinceable and it's not going to happen to them.We all got are licenses when we were teens and I can make a guess that we all showed off once or twice ...we were just lucky.
somewhat true, BUT, I doubt very seriously there was as much drinking and drugging and texting and cell phoning behind the wheel, as there is nowadays.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I went to drivers Ed and then still was not able to drive until my Father made sure I knew how..I also had to learn to drive stick shift.The idiot writing this obviously does not drive nor have kids especially teenagers. Sounds like CT SAM...PS education is spelled incorrectlysowho is clueless...DUH
More insults from a SICKO NURSE, get help.
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>somewhat true, BUT, I doubt very seriously there was as much drinking and drugging and texting and cell phoning behind the wheel, as there is nowadays.
True enough...if my parents ever caught me having a drink let alone smoking a cigarette I would have been quarantined in my room forever!Now kids have so much more available to them.I was taught if you want something its not handed to you for free so at 16 I got a PT job saved my $ and then bought a little Convertible.You should see the kids down here at the local HS and the cars they drive. New Mustangs. BMWs. and fairly new used cars and trucks, the minute they turn 16 Daddy buys it for them.Heaven forbid they take the School bus
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>True enough...if my parents ever caught me having a drink let alone smoking a cigarette I would have been quarantined in my room forever!Now kids have so much more available to them.I was taught if you want something its not handed to you for free so at 16 I got a PT job saved my $ and then bought a little Convertible.You should see the kids down here at the local HS and the cars they drive. New Mustangs. BMWs. and fairly new used cars and trucks, the minute they turn 16 Daddy buys it for them.Heaven forbid they take the School bus
true true so true....
I just made that comment to a friend of mine when school was delayed for 90 min....I told her I'm taking another route to work because the last time school was delayed, they had a traffic cop directing traffic for the HIGH SCHOOL kids! I was behind a beautiful new truck, thought it was another worker, NO, he was following the line of new cars, etc into the school parking lot! I've never even owned a new car!
Kids getting these on a silver platter....no wonder they're inconsiderate, disrespectful,......and on and on....
Truly Amazing, Right AVA?
and, yes, we had to WALK to school, I was short 1/8 of a mile in order to take the school bus...oh, and in the winter, girls weren't allowed to wear pants/slacks to school...we FROZE our legs off.

Have a Pleasant Evening, I'm off and Running Now...I'll chat with you tomorrow
XXX
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults from a SICKO NURSE, get help.
what is it with you anyway?
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>what is it with you anyway?
Do you have to ask that? LOL
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>
just thought I'd try to knock some sense in him.....
Teen Driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, stop with the insults, SICKO NURSE.
Daniel Damotta

Groton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Fully agree with this. If the parents were forced to attend with their kids, maybe that disgusting filth wouldn't have killed those poor girls. And we wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that his parents condoned the murder of those children by continuing to let him drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••