Cappiello Gets No Love From Rowland

When Republican Gov. John G. Rowland faced impeachment in 2004 for accepting favors from state contractors, state Sen. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
amazed

Naugatuck, CT

#1 Sep 27, 2008
this is sick.

nobody should want or take rowland's help.

my opinion of murphy just went down the drain.
Laughable

New Britain, CT

#2 Sep 27, 2008
Cappiello is a laughable candidate. Even Republicans don't want him to run.
Blame Jodi not Eddie

Wethersfield, CT

#3 Sep 27, 2008
At least Rowland has a brain. Jodi is sleeping on her rocking chair dreaming of highway improvements deep in the suburbs.
Milt Friedman

Providence, RI

#4 Sep 27, 2008
When's the Eliot Spitzer event for Murphy? There are many fine gentlemen's club's in the district to host the event?

Given Murphy's carpetbagging, pandering and flip-flopping perhaps Spitzer would be a more appropriate fundraiser than Rowland
Doubting Thomas

Waterbury, CT

#5 Sep 27, 2008
Wow! Talk about strange bedfellows - Rowland and Murphy curled up under the covers together.

I suspected that behind the smiling face and handshakes Rep.Murphy might be a slick political opportunist, what with him moving from one congressional district to another in order to qualify for election to Congress from the 5th District. But I never suspected that he would team-up with former Governor Rowland. I wonder what their deal is?
Mr Burns

Eastham, MA

#6 Sep 27, 2008
Jon Lender still has a stick up his a$$ for Rowland
Disgusted

West Hartford, CT

#7 Sep 27, 2008
amazed wrote:
this is sick.
nobody should want or take rowland's help.
my opinion of murphy just went down the drain.
Me too. Murphy has been outed!!

DJH

“Thinking critically since 1964”

Since: Mar 07

Winsted, CT

#8 Sep 27, 2008
And to think Rowland is now making his fortune lecturing people on overcoming their past. Clearly he's just as devious now as he ever was before.
Kevin

Jamaica Plain, MA

#9 Sep 27, 2008
Evidently Chris Murphy will stoop to any means to fund his war chest. However enlisting convicted felon Rowland is pretty low. My thanks to Jon Lender for exposing the sleaze in politics.
Jim

Hamden, CT

#10 Sep 27, 2008
Thank you Mr. Jon Lender for informing us!!!
bankers jump out windows

United States

#11 Sep 27, 2008
Rowland should just F in ....... well go bak to the clink
Petty Fools

Claremont, NH

#12 Sep 28, 2008
OMG, what, do they take graduate courses in advanced pettiness?
Ease the load

Monroe, CT

#13 Sep 28, 2008
The Courant was correct on one aspect of Murphy when they stated in a recent article that he was "a nimble campaigner".

Kevin Curran as his campaign manager? The very same who recently ran Mayor Eddie's tainted re-election campaign. The one with the election law violation convictions for his actions after losing an election in Bethlehem. The one who recently lost his own run for the Senate to replace DeLuca.

Yes now don't forget Murphy is going to reform ethics in Washington! I am sure he is only associating with Rowland and Curran to learn more about the seamier side of "ethics"!

And exactly what did Murphy accomplish in the last two years, other than raise more than 2.3 million dollars to fund his re-election? It appears he voted exactly as Pelosi told him to. That is hardly representing us!
Bolo

Wolcott, CT

#14 Sep 28, 2008
It is obvious that Murphy is aware of what Rowland is doing and he should demand that Rowland stop immediately. Now knowing this I was going to vote for Murphy, but now I am not. It is always the party first not the citizen.
NBRepublican

Shelton, CT

#15 Sep 28, 2008
Murphy is not the sort of conservative-edged candidate Rowland has favored in the past. On his campaign website, Murphy calls himself a "strong advocate for ethics reform" and bemoans Washington's "culture of cronyism" in recent years. He says he wants to "tackle government corruption" and remove "private money ... from the political process."

Because only conservatives approve of cronyism and government corruption in the eyes of the liberal media. That's why Dodd and Obama were the two biggest recipients of campaign funds from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
NEs Rising Shell

Vernon Rockville, CT

#16 Sep 28, 2008
That smoking email needs to be posted in a very public place on the Web.
Chris Dirty

Groton, CT

#17 Sep 28, 2008
Laughable wrote:
Cappiello is a laughable candidate. Even Republicans don't want him to run.
I never heard of Cappiello before reading this article. But now knowing that he was one of the first to call for Rowland to resign, even though they are both Republicans, suggests that he will do the right thing as a politican rather than just parrot the party line. Murphy has said all the right things about ethics reform, but actions speak louder than words, and embracing John Rowland is not the way to get my vote. The fact that Cappiello "is dead to" Rowland and his supporters makes him that much more alive to me.
Corrupticut Still

Waterbury, CT

#18 Sep 28, 2008
>>Out of prison since 2006, Rowland is back on his feet now that influential allies have installed him in a controversial, taxpayer-funded economic development promotion job at Waterbury's chamber of commerce<<

For Waterbury's chamber of commerce to hire Rowland on taxpayer money is disgusting. Waterbury's Chamber of Commerce is practically screaming, "We're corrupt! We're corrupt! We take care of our own with YOUR MONEY!"
Shame

Waterbury, CT

#19 Sep 28, 2008
Gary B. O'Connor, lawyer in Waterbury, you will never have my business. Are you one of the ones who landed Rowland his new cushy taxpayer-funded job?
Alfred E Newman Esq

New Milford, CT

#20 Sep 28, 2008
Well it's good to see that Lender can get upset about something, as per his cheap shot at Rowland in the last paragraph. If true, this is a disgrace and Rowland should be ashamed. But Jon, you call yourself an investigative reporter, well, why not show us. Where's the BIG STORY? Where are all the investigative stories on Dudd, Countrywide, Fannie & Freddie? The political contributions from this congressional entity to all those Dems like Dudd, Obama & Clinton. The hacks they put in charge, Raines, Gorelick & Johnson making millions before costing us taxpayers billions. Gee Jon, doesn't your investigative nose smell the story of the century here? Or does the Courant assign you to do hit jobs only on Republicans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
other lesbians who want to talk dirty? (Mar '14) Sun peach92 7
Pilots Worried About Proposed Oxford Power Plant Jan 12 Emma 1
Possible Pepe's Pizza in Waterbury: Would You Go? Jan 7 JLT 1
ComiCONN to leave Bridgeport for Mohegan Sun Dec '14 American Gentlema... 1
Review: Josi Dec '14 Jeffrey stewart 1
Do you approve of Robert A. Mezzo as Mayor? Dec '14 Ed 1
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Dec '14 Jay 13
Oakville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web