Magnitude 3.1 earthquake reported nea...

Magnitude 3.1 earthquake reported near Vincennes

There are 3 comments on the WTHR-TV 13 story from May 10, 2012, titled Magnitude 3.1 earthquake reported near Vincennes. In it, WTHR-TV 13 reports that:

In a preliminary earthquake report, the United States Geological Survey says two earthquakes, including a magnitude 3.1 quake, occurredA Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV 13.

Judy Baker

Columbus, IN

#1 May 11, 2012
The so called Earthquake(s) felt more like the asonic Boom of a Jet..no tremors and both were just a quick BOOM which almost knocked pictures off the wall. The second one was a lot stronger than the first one.
pickle palace queen

Frederic, WI

#2 May 12, 2012
I live in Edwardsport and felt the 3.1. I didn't know if it was a quake or simply a mine blast. There is a lot of blasting for the underground mine over by Oaktown.

“Retirement ??? LOL”

Since: Jun 12

E.Chicago, In

#3 Jun 13, 2012
It felt like the house was a cardboard box and big hands were pressing on the out side, but nothing was knocked off the walls.
I thought it was a mine collaspe as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oaktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's body was found at girlfriends? Jul 18 Undertaker 1
Talk about Oaktown (Jan '13) Apr '16 Ike 2
What is stinkin' under the Hijab Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 1
News Correction: State agency seeks public comment o... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Big Spoon Will Stir 2
News Community Remembers Missing Knox Co. Teen (Jan '12) Jul '15 archy 2
Carlisle.Indiana drug addicts taking over (Jun '15) Jun '15 XXX 3
who that wonan (Jun '15) Jun '15 grossed out 1

Oaktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oaktown Mortgages