Burn Barrels
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J K R

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jul 15, 2013
Anyone know any one who has some for sale?
Doright

Hudson, OH

#2 Jul 15, 2013
J K R wrote:
Give Mary a call.
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Jul 15, 2013
J K R wrote:
If you take 129n just past Stonehenge their is a guy who sells them. he isn't there everyday but usually on weekends.
J K R

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Jul 15, 2013
Thanks I'll try him this weekend.
Doright

Hudson, OH

#5 Jul 15, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>If you take 129n just past Stonehenge their is a guy who sells them. he isn't there everyday but usually on weekends.
That guy only sells plastic barrels. Not good for burning except maybe for one time only.

Since: Jul 13

Young Harris, GA

#6 Jul 15, 2013
At the statue stand at the end of trackrock ,(the towns union line side of trackrock on highway 76) he has RM there.. The metal ones..:)
Blairsville Resident

Chagrin Falls, OH

#7 Jul 15, 2013
is it legal to burn our trash in barrels? Just asking, I'd like one too.

Young Harris, GA

#8 Jul 15, 2013
Yes it is legal to do a contained burn in a barrel, we have for years.. Depending on weather and drought you can call to double check, but we usually only had to call for permission to do a small uncontained burn, cleaning yard leaves and such.. Not sure about city limit guide lines or anything.. Couldn't hurt to call and double check..

Young Harris, GA

#9 Jul 15, 2013
Paper trash that is. We burn newspaper, soda cases, stuff like that.
Blairsville Resident

Chagrin Falls, OH

#10 Jul 16, 2013
Chy wrote:
Yes it is legal to do a contained burn in a barrel, we have for years.. Depending on weather and drought you can call to double check, but we usually only had to call for permission to do a small uncontained burn, cleaning yard leaves and such.. Not sure about city limit guide lines or anything.. Couldn't hurt to call and double check..
Thanks
Amy

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Jul 17, 2013
Can you recycle around here?

Young Harris, GA

#12 Jul 19, 2013
Amy wrote:
Yes, the city dump behind the hospital. Google 'dump Blairsville ga' and it tells you everything. Can't post link from my phone.
J K R

Ashburn, VA

#13 Jul 20, 2013
Just a thought..Thanks for the info. Got my barrel.

Young Harris, GA

#14 Jul 20, 2013
Helps a lot with small yard clean up and the small household paper! This sounds really redneck, but it helps to drill, or like we do, target practice on them to make vent holes around the barrel.
UC Person

United States

#15 Jul 22, 2013
Doright wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy only sells plastic barrels. Not good for burning except maybe for one time only.
He also has metal barrels sometimes. I bought one from him. Good man!
Environmentalist

Cleveland, GA

#16 Jul 22, 2013
Yep, nothing like a thoughtless neighbor burning trash on a nice day when the air is fresh and clean. Redneck? Hell, it hasn't anything to do with being a Redneck. It has to do with the environment. Every clear, clean, fresh air day some idiot burns something.

Yep, that's the way people did it in backwards GA.
Environmentalist

Cleveland, GA

#17 Jul 22, 2013
Amy wrote:
What a good question. People would rather throw stuff on the roadways around here.

I agree with recycling paper, cardboard, plastic, and alum/tin cans.

Thanks for asking. There is hope.
duh

Ellaville, GA

#18 Jul 22, 2013
Environmentalist wrote:
Yep, nothing like a thoughtless neighbor burning trash on a nice day when the air is fresh and clean. Redneck? Hell, it hasn't anything to do with being a Redneck. It has to do with the environment. Every clear, clean, fresh air day some idiot burns something.
Always a kill joy in the crowd.
J K R

Ashburn, VA

#19 Jul 22, 2013
Environmentalist wrote:
I really doubt that my burning a bag of paper trash is killing the planet. Try paying more attention to large scale polutors and mind your own dam business.
J K R

Ashburn, VA

#20 Jul 22, 2013
UC Person wrote:
<quoted text>He also has metal barrels sometimes. I bought one from him. Good man!
He was a gentleman.Loaded up the barrel and was very pleasant. Glad to see he is recycling items t hat would normally end up at the landfill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dishonest Evans High School Principal MICHAEL J... 2 hr Johny cash 3
removal of silicone from body (Mar '14) 3 hr American Women 426
Time Out - Local children's tv show, early 1980s? (Dec '14) 5 hr Will Dockery 15
Clown Sighting in Union County 10 hr local 6
Black man's proposal 11 hr Timmy_ 11
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 11 hr Timmy_ 415
Why Pittsburgh is better than Atlanta 11 hr pgh 24

Oakman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakman Mortgages