Boehner says "NO" to the 9.00 minimum...

Boehner says "NO" to the 9.00 minimum wage

Posted in the Oakman Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Doo

Dalton, GA

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Boehner says "NO" to about 90% of Americans which are working class and "Yes" go giving themselves a raise every year. It is called the "cost of lying" raise. I mean "living". Ha Ha He is trying to get the 1% voters...which he already has. Talk about dumb? He don't even realize voters will not vote for such foolish decissions.
Harley

Dalton, GA

#2 Feb 13, 2013
I wonder if that is what they will announce for their agenda next election along with killing SSI, Medicare and Medicade and take the money and give it to the wealthy few percent to make them richer? This may really win people over! Oh yeah...and give the rich tax breaks too. Truth is they don't yet know why they lost yet. I'm Honest...The other day they were asking people for suggestions that would help win the next election.
Oh Really

Dalton, GA

#3 Feb 13, 2013
And where do you expect companies to get the money to pay these extra wages?

I got it...their profits. How dare a company make so much in profits. They shouldn't be doing that. After all, nowadays if you make a profit your labeled the "devil" & one who does not care about anything but yourselves.

OR the companies can cut back on their workforce so they can pay the extra wages to the fewer employees still around. But then again, your unemployment numbers will increase (unless you fix the books). Then, where does the money come for the additional people on unemployment? Why of course...RAISE TAXES..That's the "democratic way".

OR raise the prices on the goods & services provided so the rest of us hard working Americans can pay more out of our pocket (money we probably can't afford to spend by the way) just that $9.00/hr mark can be reached by someone else.

Got to love this country!

Since: Mar 10

Panama City, FL

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Doo wrote:
Boehner says "NO" to about 90% of Americans which are working class and "Yes" go giving themselves a raise every year. It is called the "cost of lying" raise. I mean "living". Ha Ha He is trying to get the 1% voters...which he already has. Talk about dumb? He don't even realize voters will not vote for such foolish decissions.
Do you think that 90% of Americans make less than $9.00 per hour? How much do you pay your workers?
Doo

Dalton, GA

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Oh Really wrote:
And where do you expect companies to get the money to pay these extra wages?
I got it...their profits. How dare a company make so much in profits. They shouldn't be doing that. After all, nowadays if you make a profit your labeled the "devil" & one who does not care about anything but yourselves.
OR the companies can cut back on their workforce so they can pay the extra wages to the fewer employees still around. But then again, your unemployment numbers will increase (unless you fix the books). Then, where does the money come for the additional people on unemployment? Why of course...RAISE TAXES..That's the "democratic way".
OR raise the prices on the goods & services provided so the rest of us hard working Americans can pay more out of our pocket (money we probably can't afford to spend by the way) just that $9.00/hr mark can be reached by someone else.
Got to love this country!
You could start with not giving multi-million dollar bonuses to the CEO and so on. Maybe cut down on a jet plane or two.

Since: Aug 09

Byron, GA

#6 Feb 13, 2013
I say no to a $9 minimum wage. I say yes to a $5 minimum wage.
Cleotis

San Antonio, TX

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Doo wrote:
Boehner says "NO" to about 90% of Americans which are working class and "Yes" go giving themselves a raise every year. It is called the "cost of lying" raise. I mean "living". Ha Ha He is trying to get the 1% voters...which he already has. Talk about dumb? He don't even realize voters will not vote for such foolish decissions.
90% of workers are not receiving minimum wage.
If you are working for minimum wage you are either a teenager or stupid.
MotoX4life

Adel, GA

#8 Feb 13, 2013
TheSmartGuy wrote:
I say no to a $9 minimum wage. I say yes to a $5 minimum wage.
Ditto. Raising minimum wage only drives inflation. You will be hard pressed to find any bread winners on minimum wage, all you would be doing is costing ALL Americans more money in the long run.
itsme

Dalton, GA

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Doo...you are trying to hard to pick a fight. What about the many small businesses who would have to layoff staff and cut hours to make up the difference...they couldnt handle it; they are not rich ceo's. Just another Obuma tactic to reel in the lazy masses who want to live off my dollar. He is a joke and glueless.
amanda

United States

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Im a low income worker i get up everyday and mangaer a restaurant from 8.00 per for the last six month i deal with a lot to come home to my family pay check to pay check this has been like this to long time for change the wage should change to 9. 00 dollars that should not hurt these rich people pocket at all it time to start the lie we worker to hard and put up with to much time start making excuses do right

Since: Aug 09

Byron, GA

#11 Feb 13, 2013
amanda wrote:
Im a low income worker i get up everyday and mangaer a restaurant from 8.00 per for the last six month i deal with a lot to come home to my family pay check to pay check this has been like this to long time for change the wage should change to 9. 00 dollars that should not hurt these rich people pocket at all it time to start the lie we worker to hard and put up with to much time start making excuses do right
How old are you, and what's your education background?
itsme

Dalton, GA

#12 Feb 13, 2013
amanda wrote:
Im a low income worker i get up everyday and mangaer a restaurant from 8.00 per for the last six month i deal with a lot to come home to my family pay check to pay check this has been like this to long time for change the wage should change to 9. 00 dollars that should not hurt these rich people pocket at all it time to start the lie we worker to hard and put up with to much time start making excuses do right
Sounds more like a shift leader wage than manager wage. Who do you work for? I know alot of resturant managers who make very good money. Try taking your skills to the next level. Go enroll at an online school, get an associates degree in management and work as manager for a place like Chili's...Longhorn...Outback.. .etc. Take your fate in your own hands and stop depending on the goverment to solve your problems because they wont. They act as if they will but trust me...its all talk. Obama knows a 9.00 min wage is impossible...but it sure sounds good.
Jayp

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2013
So if they raise it to $9 an hour, does that mean that people who make 9 already will get a raise?
MotoX4life

Warner Robins, GA

#14 Feb 14, 2013
itsme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds more like a shift leader wage than manager wage. Who do you work for? I know alot of resturant managers who make very good money. Try taking your skills to the next level. Go enroll at an online school, get an associates degree in management and work as manager for a place like Chili's...Longhorn...Outback.. .etc. Take your fate in your own hands and stop depending on the goverment to solve your problems because they wont. They act as if they will but trust me...its all talk. Obama knows a 9.00 min wage is impossible...but it sure sounds good.
What this person said^^^

Amanda, you must also understand, if they raise the minimum wage, inflation goes up. Almost immediately. What this means, when your paycheck comes in with that $1.00, your check will average an extra $30.00 a week on a 50 hr week after the government taxes you on it. Now, the inflation will hit, driving the cost of electricity, fuel, and food up even higher.....and it will be highly unlikely you will make more money per week than the inflation will cost you.
MotoX4life

Warner Robins, GA

#15 Feb 14, 2013
Jayp wrote:
So if they raise it to $9 an hour, does that mean that people who make 9 already will get a raise?
Nope. Only those at 8.99 or less an hour.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Hold my beer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that 90% of Americans make less than $9.00 per hour? How much do you pay your workers?
My workers get paid bassed on their skill levels and wortheness towards our company. They are in line with the rest of the companies in this area. Some are over 9.00 and some beginners are not because of lack of experience.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#17 Feb 14, 2013
TheSmartGuy wrote:
I say no to a $9 minimum wage. I say yes to a $5 minimum wage.
Politically $9.00 vs $5.00 would guarantee the Democrats more power in the future. I wonder if the Republicans will figure that one out?
Doo

Dalton, GA

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Cleotis wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of workers are not receiving minimum wage.
If you are working for minimum wage you are either a teenager or stupid.
Or hungry!
itsme

Dalton, GA

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
My workers get paid bassed on their skill levels and wortheness towards our company. They are in line with the rest of the companies in this area. Some are over 9.00 and some beginners are not because of lack of experience.
Well...if you agree with your president then none of your employees should be making less than 9.00 an hour. Put your money where your mouth is or shut because you have no horse in this race. Typical lib...do as I say not as I doo.
itsme

Dalton, GA

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Doo wrote:
Boehner says "NO" to about 90% of Americans which are working class and "Yes" go giving themselves a raise every year. It is called the "cost of lying" raise. I mean "living". Ha Ha He is trying to get the 1% voters...which he already has. Talk about dumb? He don't even realize voters will not vote for such foolish decissions.
Dems and Repubs allike vote themselve a pay raiae dip wad. You spin more than a tilt a whirl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 min southern at heart 2,064
Stupid Cop Department 1 hr NewsMax 1
Cheaters (Jul '15) 9 hr tellico 31
John F Kennedy 9 hr tellico 10
Its okay to be Gay in Blairsville (Jun '09) 9 hr tellico 205
Dana Tate trial date 9 hr Murray County won... 1
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) 10 hr ThomasA 198
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakman Mortgages