Fannin county crazies

Posted in the Oakman Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crazy folks

Newnan, GA

#1 Jan 21, 2013
In a store today in Blue Ridge & noticed a story on front page of their newspaper that said "Two found dead in Fannin." Then a lady behind me said "oh no not here." Yes lady here, like this was something new for Fannin. They have always been crazy down there. Bunch of crazy, white trash, bullies.
Numb block

Snellville, GA

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Maybe you are the crazy one. What's your problem with fannin countians? Girl friend from there broke your heart? Or are you from Fannin yourself originally but those good ol' boys over there ran your can out of the county? What happened there is sad I'm pretty sure us here in union have see the same thing in the papers. I always hated playing Fannin in sports though. They always seemed to kills us.
Literate

Sylacauga, AL

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Numb block wrote:
Maybe you are the crazy one. What's your problem with fannin countians? Girl friend from there broke your heart? Or are you from Fannin yourself originally but those good ol' boys over there ran your can out of the county? What happened there is sad I'm pretty sure us here in union have see the same thing in the papers. I always hated playing Fannin in sports though. They always seemed to kills us.
Wow. Way to try and convince us you're "NOT" from fannin county.
Babygirl

Ellijay, GA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
you know not all people in Fannin are horrible. I have met several from fannin that are very kind and just down to earth southern people. sure there are some white trash and just gross. but that doesnt mean you have to put the whole town in the dumps because of those few. besides every county has trashy people. INCLUDING UNION && GILMER
chevy

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Babygirl wrote:
you know not all people in Fannin are horrible. I have met several from fannin that are very kind and just down to earth southern people. sure there are some white trash and just gross. but that doesnt mean you have to put the whole town in the dumps because of those few. besides every county has trashy people. INCLUDING UNION && GILMER
Fannin County has alot of very nice people living there.

Also, Bue Ridge has much more to do, more restaruants and a prettier down town than Blairsville. The railroad is great. The economy is doing very well in comparison to Blairsville and Union County.

I would rather live in Fannin than Union County. Why don't I move there , you ask? Because I made a poor decision to build a house here and now the area is so depressed, I can't sell it.

Union County should learn from Fannin County. I'm sure they won't because the people who live here know everything already.
Just a Thought

Blairsville, GA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
In this week's Fannin Co. newspaper there is an article that their unemployment rate is higher. Also, the taxes are higher. I was in downtown Blue Ridge a few weeks ago and their stores cater to the visitors. I am glad I moved. Ten years was more than enough for me. Their commissioners cannot agree on anything. Do not be fooled--the economy is not great in Fannin Co. I know because I unfortunately have property there.
no rest

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Ha ha ha ha ha
Here is my thought

Brooks, GA

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Of course they're going to cater to their tourists. They are the ones bringing the majority of the money into the county. Better cater to them. And I don't believe there is much difference at all in the taxes between Fannin & Union. I heard that thy are starting on their wal mart this summer. Wal mart tried going to Fannin years before it came here but it seemed the locals there wasn't having it. There are a lot of good people in Fannin. They seem a little more standoffish than us here but probably for good reason. I don't know. Now the attempted murder & kidnapping that I heard happened there last night is going to give the poster, crazy folks, something else to talk about. Great. Oh and here's something to ponder too, Union County was on the list of GA counties that has decreased in population while Fannin continues to climb. Maybe we do need to see what they're doing to make us better.
James

Blairsville, GA

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Here is my thought wrote:
Of course they're going to cater to their tourists. They are the ones bringing the majority of the money into the county. Better cater to them. And I don't believe there is much difference at all in the taxes between Fannin & Union. I heard that thy are starting on their wal mart this summer. Wal mart tried going to Fannin years before it came here but it seemed the locals there wasn't having it. There are a lot of good people in Fannin. They seem a little more standoffish than us here but probably for good reason. I don't know. Now the attempted murder & kidnapping that I heard happened there last night is going to give the poster, crazy folks, something else to talk about. Great. Oh and here's something to ponder too, Union County was on the list of GA counties that has decreased in population while Fannin continues to climb. Maybe we do need to see what they're doing to make us better.
The tourists money only benefits a select few. The majority of people moving to Fannin county now are a bunch of spear chuckers and homos. Too many folks are now moving to Fannin from the cities of Florida and A$$lanta. Blairsville is on the right track. Blairsville has more actual jobs. Not just shoe shining jobs. You sound like you are from Atlanta.
Here is my thought

Brooks, GA

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Nope, born & raised in Union County, Trackrock area. How do I sound like I'm from Atlanta? You sound like a very ignorant person & unlike my post, one can tell definitely that you are ignorant. Asslanta? Spear chuckers? Homos? And how does Blairsville have more "actual" jobs? A job is a job, not an "actual" job unless you're some kind of slinger than no, that's not too actual. Blairsville has just as many out-of-towners moving in. Hope they don't run across someone with the likes of you. I'd hate for them to think that all of us here are as ignorant as you are.
Dyer

Atlanta, GA

#11 Feb 6, 2013
Oh Fannin County thats funny. #1. Union whoops up on you guys in sports every year and always will. #2. As far as having a better downtown you can have it, we will just take what money you give us at our wal-mart. #3. Blue Ridge is closer to Atlanta so I would expect Blue Ridge to be a bigger county and have more people. Thats a no brainer.
Dyer

Atlanta, GA

#12 Feb 6, 2013
bigger city***
gavial

Altamonte Springs, FL

#13 Feb 6, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
The tourists money only benefits a select few. The majority of people moving to Fannin county now are a bunch of spear chuckers and homos. Too many folks are now moving to Fannin from the cities of Florida and A$$lanta. Blairsville is on the right track. Blairsville has more actual jobs. Not just shoe shining jobs. You sound like you are from Atlanta.
name a job that isn't affected by tourism! Better not bit the hand that feeds you
You are so funnnnnnay

Sharpsburg, GA

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Dyer wrote:
Oh Fannin County thats funny.#1. Union whoops up on you guys in sports every year and always will.#2. As far as having a better downtown you can have it, we will just take what money you give us at our wal-mart.#3. Blue Ridge is closer to Atlanta so I would expect Blue Ridge to be a bigger county and have more people. Thats a no brainer.
I literally LOL at your post. Mainly because of how little you really know. Let me try the #'s thing.# 1 Union has not always "whooped" Fannin in sports. I wish like everything we did but really I consider our rival as Towns County? I'm not asking you, the original poster of my reply to, but someone else who would REALLY know. Has our rival changed during the 12 years that I've been out of school? Anyway, but no we have not owned them in sports at all & that sucks but oh well.# 2 this is my favorite!!! Do you know the actual mileage between us & Atlanta & Blue Ridge & Atlanta? I really doubt it or else you would know that the difference in the mileage between us & Atlanta than Blue Ridge & Atlanta is less than 10 miles. I hardly think that that 10 miles is what makes us smaller. That response of yours was my fav!!! Ok so # 3 did you see the reply from earlier where Blue Ridge is getting a wal mart in a few months? I didn't think so. I believe most of them go to the Ellijay wal mart anyways because it's a little closer & you have to admit, better than ours. Bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with Fannin. I may be a U.C native but my momma's originally from Fannin so I take offense. Lol no, not really I don't. I do think this post is quite funny though.
Its been a whle

Panama City, FL

#15 Feb 6, 2013
There is no way in hell I would ever live in fannin. Some folks are ok but most aren't. There seems to be a mentality there that makes people feel superior not counting all of the drunks there! Just look at the wrecker service on main street.
You are so funnnnnnay

Sharpsburg, GA

#16 Feb 6, 2013
By superior, you mean superior towards everything? Other counties, the law, etc...? I was just curious because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time that I've heard other describe them. One individual said one time that "they were a peculiar kind of individuals. They were quiet and very reserved until they know someone." I just find that interesting now since you've said it, too? Are they all related so it's genetics? Lol I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that & I don't think it either.
Panther Girl 2015

Atlanta, GA

#17 Feb 7, 2013
You are so funnnnnnay wrote:
By superior, you mean superior towards everything? Other counties, the law, etc...? I was just curious because this is not the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time that I've heard other describe them. One individual said one time that "they were a peculiar kind of individuals. They were quiet and very reserved until they know someone." I just find that interesting now since you've said it, too? Are they all related so it's genetics? Lol I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that & I don't think it either.
Sir, you're stupid. If there's anyone who knows little it's you. Obviously you haven't kept up with sports for a while. If you're going to make an argument for Fannin County at least try not to be so biased with your opinions and do a little research. Since you know so much about sports and Fannin County dominates lets see the facts and information you have to back that statement up. Last time I checked Union County has beat Fannin County for the last 2 years in football and both boys and girls basketball. As a matter of a fact, if you would read the North Georgia News you would have seen where Union now has the lead in the series record in football. Towns County really isn't much of a rival for Union County. When one school dominates the majority of the time its not considered a rivalry. If you knew anything about Union County sports you would know that Dawson County has been the biggest rival, if not Fannin and that Towns has become less of a big deal. No one cares about your downtown gay pride community or where anyone in Fannin County shops. Do something more productive with your mind.
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

#18 Feb 7, 2013
I just think it's a bad town. Plagued like many other towns. God bless small towns but damn they have some ways that ruin a good look.
Fud

Cleveland, GA

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Panther Girl 2015 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, you're stupid. If there's anyone who knows little it's you. Obviously you haven't kept up with sports for a while. If you're going to make an argument for Fannin County at least try not to be so biased with your opinions and do a little research. Since you know so much about sports and Fannin County dominates lets see the facts and information you have to back that statement up. Last time I checked Union County has beat Fannin County for the last 2 years in football and both boys and girls basketball. As a matter of a fact, if you would read the North Georgia News you would have seen where Union now has the lead in the series record in football. Towns County really isn't much of a rival for Union County. When one school dominates the majority of the time its not considered a rivalry. If you knew anything about Union County sports you would know that Dawson County has been the biggest rival, if not Fannin and that Towns has become less of a big deal. No one cares about your downtown gay pride community or where anyone in Fannin County shops. Do something more productive with your mind.
Other then people who have kids in school or those who can't get over high school.
Nobody gives a damm about high school sports.
Time to grow up and put hem behind you.
Panther girl 2015

Clarkesville, GA

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Fud wrote:
<quoted text>
Other then people who have kids in school or those who can't get over high school.
Nobody gives a damm about high school sports.
Time to grow up and put hem behind you.
Hey idiot, how about those of us that are still in school? Notice 2015 in my name? Yes theres a reason and thats because I am a sophomore. By the way just want to point one more thing out, "Time to grow up and put them behind you"-I would much rather see people in our community involved in high school sports trying to show support for our athletes and show pride for their town/county than to be on topix.com trash talking their town and bringing other people down with rumors. How about growing up yourself and putting topix behind you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
inter racial couples 5 min Betty 7
Crazy Floridiots 2 hr Caz67 21
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Chuck 19,852
The Georgia Guidestones is a symbol of evil!!! 5 hr viderincsuiong 3
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 7 hr tourist 22
Time Magazine Covers Offend Millions With Kanye... 8 hr Culture Auditor 1
TBN Boots Jack Van Impe False Prophet (Jun '11) 8 hr TRUEBELIEVER 119
More from around the web

Oakman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]