Why is Oakley turning into a section ...

Why is Oakley turning into a section 8 haven ?

Posted in the Oakley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jonny

Fremont, CA

#1 Jul 5, 2009
Why is the city council turning Oakley into a Ghetto? They put up tennements right at the begining of the city,They look nice now but give it another year.Ive noticed alot of ghetto fabulouse people moving into the neighberhoods. We moved to Oakley to live in a quiet nice place,If I wanted to live in an Antioch I would have moved there.Our city council needs to go.The city planners cant even plan there way out of a wet paper bag.Our schools are going to suffer and we ( who work for a living)have to pay for these people. I guess I have to move back to the penninsula where our police keep everything in check.
gordon

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2009
thought that ws happening everywhere and they let people move here from out of state in at a discount when they never paid taxes into the system..that's what i heard. no wonder ca is broke.]]
Hammer

Antioch, CA

#3 Jul 18, 2009
Step 1 to the down fall was allowing kids from Richmond and Oakland(Rival Gangs by the Way) to be bussed into the area schools....Deer Valley, Heritage. Do not let this happen to Freedom...

Step 2 to the down fall was being the leader in the east bay when it came to the percentage of low income housing. Why does Oakley have to be the leader at something that brings the city down.

Step 3 to the down fall was the poor state of the State economy. Everyone is trying to find a way to save and make the easy dollar. Go to work and leave the credit cards at home...

Save Oakley one piece at a time....
Jonny

Oakley, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2009
Hammer wrote:
Step 1 to the down fall was allowing kids from Richmond and Oakland(Rival Gangs by the Way) to be bussed into the area schools....Deer Valley, Heritage. Do not let this happen to Freedom...
Step 2 to the down fall was being the leader in the east bay when it came to the percentage of low income housing. Why does Oakley have to be the leader at something that brings the city down.
Step 3 to the down fall was the poor state of the State economy. Everyone is trying to find a way to save and make the easy dollar. Go to work and leave the credit cards at home...
AMEN Hammer, Let them work for once and stay in theyre own citys. I just hope we the working class let our city council members let anymore in. Hell the dumb ass city planner put the new PROJECTS for the section 8's right at the entrance to Oakley
Local

Oakland, CA

#5 Aug 6, 2009
Freedom is very strict with their admissions! I haven't heard of any kids being bussed in. Let's hope it stays that way. And yeah, why would Oakley put those crappy apts for us see driving into Oakley. What a shame!
Ghetto H8TR

Oakley, CA

#6 Dec 31, 2009
I see it more and more everyday
GHETTOH8TR

Antioch, CA

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Seeing more and more in our little town everyday.

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Since: Mar 10

Hell, wanna join me?

#9 Jun 21, 2010
poor oakley, you guys will be in the same boat as antioch within 5 years! section 8 running rampant all over town, you can already see it in your police calls, what a shame, oakley is so nice, yet your city officials think allowing sec 8 will bring some quick fed money, the whole time it will destroy your city like cancer!
eastbaynewbie

Antioch, CA

#10 Jul 4, 2010
I just moved to oakley myself and I moved here because my aunt lives here and we've always thought it to be a nice area. Now i'm starting to see a down turn. I live off vintage parkway and its turning ghetto. Oooh well...I alway though this city could turn into sort of a napa valley with all its little farms but I just see it turning into another antioch.
Resident of Oakley

Antioch, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2010
I can't believe you people, you're SO ignorant. Just because someone is a recipient of section 8 does NOT mean they are lawless deadbeats. Just because you have jobs you think you're SO superior. Just wait until you lose your precious job and find yourself in line at the food bank. The greatest percentage of Section 8 recipients are disabled or otherwise unable to work. In fact, most of them would love to have a job, but in this crappy economy (thanks to the likes of the Bush/Obama regimes and the greedy Oakley city council), that's just not possible. Jonny from San Jose: stay there, we don't need you in Oakley, go back to San Jose you have more crime in that city than 3 Oakleys put together. Ghettoh8tr: just who the hell do you think you are? One bigoted fool, that's who, we don't need the likes of YOU in Oakley, either. No fascists! The rest of you: get a life, get real and LEARN THE FACTS before you run your mouths off.

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Hell, wanna join me?

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Resident of Oakley wrote:
I can't believe you people, you're SO ignorant. Just because someone is a recipient of section 8 does NOT mean they are lawless deadbeats. Just because you have jobs you think you're SO superior. Just wait until you lose your precious job and find yourself in line at the food bank. The greatest percentage of Section 8 recipients are disabled or otherwise unable to work. In fact, most of them would love to have a job, but in this crappy economy (thanks to the likes of the Bush/Obama regimes and the greedy Oakley city council), that's just not possible. Jonny from San Jose: stay there, we don't need you in Oakley, go back to San Jose you have more crime in that city than 3 Oakleys put together. Ghettoh8tr: just who the hell do you think you are? One bigoted fool, that's who, we don't need the likes of YOU in Oakley, either. No fascists! The rest of you: get a life, get real and LEARN THE FACTS before you run your mouths off.
you must be a piece of sh-t social assistance leech that we mention?!
Resident of Oakley

Antioch, CA

#14 Jul 6, 2010
garbage guru wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be a piece of sh-t social assistance leech that we mention?!
Itís a pity that there are still such clueless, uninformed people like you walking around. Donít you have any conscience at all; donít you care about anyone except yourself? You must be an immoral and greedy republicrat who only thinks of him/herself and absolutely no-one else. Didnít your parents (if you had any) teach you that itís a virtuous thing to care about those less fortunate than oneself? Obviously not. How can you live with yourself and your ignorance, you should be ashamed of your dreary self. What you need is a giant slice of humble pieÖin fact, you need the whole pie stuck smack onto your face.

No, Iím not a ďsocial assistance leechĒ; quite the opposite in fact. Iíve worked all my life, including 15 years at non-profits for homeless services and drug-and-alcohol abuse assistance; that is, something useful and selfless. What do you do? Line your pockets with pieces of silver while stomping everyone else into the ground on your way up? Well, the higher you go, the harder may you fall.
Resident of Oakley

Antioch, CA

#15 Jul 6, 2010
garbage guru should be called garbage mouth or garbage head...

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Hell, wanna join me?

#16 Jul 6, 2010
Resident of Oakley wrote:
garbage guru should be called garbage mouth or garbage head...
f--k you liberal piece of sh-t!
Resident of Oakley

Antioch, CA

#17 Jul 7, 2010
So thatís why youíre called garbage: youíre SO pitiful because you canít even start an intelligent conversation, all you can do is use disgusting epithets. I guess thatís the best you can do: use curse words. Even your avatar shows you to be just another hairy ape.

I pity you for your childishness and wonít even bother to respond to any more of your garbage as I shanít lower myself to your level. Goodbye, garbage brain.

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Hell, wanna join me?

#18 Jul 8, 2010
good day kneegro, no one wants your azz around anyway, loser.
shzcntry

United States

#19 Jul 10, 2010
Wake UP! It already is happening at Freedom and has been for the past several years!! Go check out the school near the bus stops after school! There has to be extra security just to try and keep order!
Hammer wrote:
Black is beautiful

United States

#21 Apr 2, 2012
I feel sorry for you people low down dirty shames is what you are you people do crank crystals and everything else you act like you have it together be serious judge yourself it's not my fault you can't buy the cut of meat you want for your family tell your man to stop tricking each pay period and yOu could eat better yet let them go to rehab and take some sex offender classes you thought you knew it was section8 you no nothing I work and pay taxes just like you watch your own kind you will be surprised get off your ass and apply for assistance if you need it I believe you would qualify
Black is beautiful

United States

#22 Apr 2, 2012
shzcntry wrote:
Wake UP! It already is happening at Freedom and has been for the past several years!! Go check out the school near the bus stops after school! There has to be extra security just to try and keep order!
<quoted text>
Oh shutup raise your spoiled kids right they will be okay you can't change the world start in your house

Since: Jul 10

Brentwood, CA

#23 Apr 2, 2012
Black is beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>Oh shutup raise your spoiled kids right they will be okay you can't change the world start in your house
Boy your making this racial instead of an government assistance thing,So if the glove fits. I guess most section 8's are black.Since they been allowing more section 8's in the city the crime rate goes up,So if I go by what you insinuate blacks are doing the crimes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To report a tramp hoise Apr 29 Sheri 3
Review: Piano Studio of Alexis Froehlich Apr 28 outraged 1
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Apr 28 anonymous 112
An evening with your host BrettMoronHolbrook Apr 28 Temper 1
YES - Section 8 Neighbors Gone (Sep '12) Apr 26 Donald Trump 27
News League of Women Voters honors community stars Apr 24 Lucy Ann Jane 1
News Feds link East Bay developer to Oakland-Hawaii ... Apr 22 Old town Antioch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakley Mortgages