Man Hung in Oakley - Murder or Suicide

Man Hung in Oakley - Murder or Suicide

Posted in the Oakley Forum

affected

Concord, CA

#1 Sep 27, 2007
I saw the man hanging from the tree on Cypress just east of Knightsen Ave when I was on my way home from picking up my child from school.
Thankfully went unnoticed by my child.
Why were the 4 cop cars with lights on and standing around? Couldn't they have cut him down or covered him? Were they waiting for crime scene processors. If just waiting for coroner why not cut him down and cover?
His hands appeared tied as they were up shoulder height? Does anyone know murder or suicide?
My heart and prayers to the family.
Athena Paschal

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 29, 2007
That hanging you saw was my brother, Samuel Paschal. He was reported missing 9/5/2007. My brother lived with my father. He lived in Hayward, CA and was raised in Alameda California. We discovered his death on 9/26/2007. Very sad news for his family and all his friends. We loved him very much.

Please feel free to contact me. We have not heard any news on TV and the Corners office has still not released any information. We are finding out more information on this blog you posted then from what they are providing.

Thank you for posting...we are trying to gather as much information as we can.

I wrote his on my Myspace as soon as I heard the news.

In memory of my brother. For those who knew him... Born Oct 18 1987 Passed Away Thursday September 27, 2007 My brother lived to be 19 years old. He was a friendly, smart and hard worker. He loved to laugh, play video games, and perform martial arts. Samuel graduated Alameda High School in 2006. Samuel then attended Alameda College then transferred to Chabot College in the fall 2007. Samuel had a great career with Safeway for 2 1/2 years in the deli department. Started in Alameda, CA but after moving to a different city he joined the Safeway team in Hayward, CA. Left behind Father (John Paschal) Sister (Athena Paschal) and family and friends. If you would like more information on services, please don't hesitate to IM, e-mail, or call me and I will give you more information.

[email protected]

-athena paschal
erin

Hayward, CA

#3 Oct 2, 2007
r.i.p sam <3
mariem

Birds Landing, CA

#4 Oct 2, 2007
i knew sam a little. and i regret not being able to make it out to his service. he was one of the nicest sweetest people i have ever met. i still can't get can't over it. my love goes out to sam's family and friends who knew and loved him. he memory will always be with me.
arlene

Oakland, CA

#5 Oct 2, 2007
Rest in peace Sam.
In my heart is where I keep you.
Athena

Kingston, Canada

#6 Oct 3, 2007
New news from a friend is that Samuel had a girl in Oakley. If anyone has any information on this please let me know. Thank you

Sam's sister
Athena

[email protected]
agbwag

Lafayette, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2007
Athena,
I'm so sorry about your brother. I did not see this in the newspaper. You need to go to cocotimes.com and post it on that forum as well. You might get some more information. I'll e-mail you with the direct link.
Athena

Kingston, Canada

#8 Oct 4, 2007
Someone emailed me and told me to post there. I registered but I didnt know which forum to post in.

I have the Inside Bay Area times. This is the Guestbook for my brother http://www.legacy.com/insidebayarea/GB/Guestb...
Julie

Brentwood, CA

#9 Oct 4, 2007
I am very very sorry for your family's loss. I heard that he was a wonderful young man full of life. His life was ended far too soon. I am very sorry. I wish you comfort and understanding during these difficult times ahead. You are not alone in your pain. Brighter days are in your future.

Loving hugs are being selt your way.
Athena Paschal

London, Canada

#10 Oct 4, 2007
Thank you Julie.
Rosario

Concord, CA

#11 Oct 5, 2007
Athena,
Sorry about your loss, how horrible. I live in Oakley and I didn't know about this until I read your post. I hope that you and your family get to the bottom of what happened. Your and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Athena Paschal

Kingston, Canada

#12 Oct 5, 2007
Thank you Rosario.
Angela Hu

Koloa, HI

#13 Oct 11, 2007
Even from far waay, far from home, i heard of this news very sad news. I knew sam for only one year, but within that year I found that he was a generous, caring and beuatiful person. I wish that i could have known him better...he was a person that has changed all of our lives...and he has made us all see how important it is to value each others lives..to not surpass anyone from the surface..and to appreciate what we have from each other. Sam, we know your in a better place, we love you and we know you are happy now. live in peace, you will not be forgotten.
stacy

Alameda, CA

#14 Oct 11, 2007
Athena wrote:
New news from a friend is that Samuel had a girl in Oakley. If anyone has any information on this please let me know. Thank you
Sam's sister
Athena
[email protected]
in Oakley?
Athena

Kingston, Canada

#15 Oct 12, 2007
One of my brothers Co-Workers mentioned that my brother often talked about a girl he had in Oakley. They didnt mention if they where dating, but they said that he started mentioning her around the end of July 2007
Sorry4U

Windsor, CA

#16 Oct 30, 2007
there are several of these threads all over topix. I just wanted to know what actually happened. I tried to look up your brothers story in the paper, but it doesn't exist. Which is very strange for Oakley since they talk about the smallest things in that town. Hardly anything ever happens there. It could be because of the shooting this week of a man that set this story aside. I was just wondering if he was sad or if you feel foul play was involved. If he was there and his car wasn't then how did he get there. I know you people are grieving, and I'm not trying to be insensitive but this isn't something that happens all the time. Again sorry for your lost.
the1andonly

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Mar 30, 2010
wow i heard the crazy bout ma boy sam this tommy adkins ilived 3doors down on schiller st 1525 this is erica adkins brother if there is any new info feel free to call me 17197382254.....call plz atheena
Erica Adkins

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2012
I still cant believe dis happened. Sam was such a good kid. Never caused problems wit any1. He was quite, caring, just i sweet young man. Its so said it came down ta dis.

Since: Sep 13

United States

#21 Sep 23, 2013
Dear Athena I was raised in Oakley all my life . I am currently living in Ketchikan Alaska. I am sorry and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Please keep in contact with me . The Oakley police will do there very best to do what is right .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ookioch BBQ Jun 18 ACAB 2
CA EBT cards being used in Las Vegas, Hawaii, a... (Oct '10) Jun 18 ACAB 37
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) Jun 14 Angie 1,590
News Antioch woman seeks help in search for missing ... Jun 11 Doc Ricketts 7
YES - Section 8 Neighbors Gone (Sep '12) Jun 11 ACAB 36
News Tim Grobaty will finally graduate a " 40 years ... Jun 5 Ronald 1
News Oakley: Police arrest suspect in fatal shooting... (Jan '14) Mar '16 scrap killa 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakley Mortgages