County Commission, tainted soil, dumb...

County Commission, tainted soil, dumb votes, and 10.5 million dollars

Posted in the Oakland Forum

Brad Morton

Cordova, TN

#1 Jul 27, 2011
I was dumbfounded to watch 18 out of 19 Commissioners, who had not been given the resolution until minutes before, vote to pay 10.5 million dollars on the construction of a school next to a gravel pile and Public Works facility. Does anybody ever actually drive to these locations and look at where they are going to be putting these things? I want to know why none of the Commissioners have come forward and publically admitted to their voters that the location has soil contamination problems in and around the area. Skip had another "closed door" meeting earlier this year with all of the commissioners telling them “there are problems with the site”. So again, why are they funding 10.5 million to build it there and why haven't they spoke out about the contamination? When will you, Ed Allen, Terry Leggett, and Reggie Howard, stop playing nice with the Somerville crowd and start standing up for what is right? My taxes pay for the education of those Somerville kids and so do yours. You have a responsibility to them, not just the kids of Oakland and Hickory Withe. You know as well as anyone that school doesn't belong there and should not have been funded last night. Shame on all 3 of you!
Phallus Maximus

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Ed Allen--Terry Leggett--Reggie Howard were elected by default. Nobody else ran in the elections against them who had the sense, or backing of the big bucks.
In each case these frogs have had the backing of their spouses'(and mommy) big money for the purposes of the election. Each has an ego problem in that they have to run something outside their home because they cannot run the inside of theirs.

They know what everyone with good sense knows---the sheep of Fayette County will do what good little sheep are told and move on.

You will pay for that school even in hard economic times, and like it!

You will pay an extra $20.00 on top of your car tag fee to fund it, even in hard economic times and like it!

The cops will not enforce this tag thing against African Americans, because they are the least empowered in Fayette County, but make up the largest voting block of all.

Want to change things up? Put a term limit county wide-office wide clause on the ballot. Otherwise, shut up, sit down and take it!
bigboy

Jackson, MS

#3 Jul 27, 2011
The school site has been cleared for contamination. The site is located on the same spot that the old high school stood for years. This school is being built to comply with a Federal Court order. The county commission has nothing to do with the site selection. The school board has the power under state law to dertermine the location. The commisssion only arranges funding and approves the funding. We need to get new school board members that are willing to do a better job of looking out for the tax payers of the county. In this case the commission had little choice but to fund the school.
Brad Morton

Cordova, TN

#4 Jul 27, 2011
bigboy wrote:
The school site has been cleared for contamination. The site is located on the same spot that the old high school stood for years. This school is being built to comply with a Federal Court order. The county commission has nothing to do with the site selection. The school board has the power under state law to dertermine the location. The commisssion only arranges funding and approves the funding. We need to get new school board members that are willing to do a better job of looking out for the tax payers of the county. In this case the commission had little choice but to fund the school.
Now how did I know that was going to be your cookie cutter answer? Thanks for playing. First, the foot print or foundation of the future school has been cleared, not the area around it, especially not near the county garage. Next, the Commission has been overly involved in the school board’s business for several years now, hiring Dana Pittman to “remedy” an issue Winecoff already clarified. But now that you have funded the school and had your secret meetings with Skip and Tom Minor, now it’s “Oh we can’t do anything about what the school board does.” Amusing. I hope and pray that all of the people involved in the secret little land deals out here in Oakland aren’t the same ones who voted to fund that train wreck on the North Campus Site. I am done playing nice. Don’t play semantics with me buddy because I have done my homework. This is clearly the response of a slick politician who is looking out for his or her best interest.
happyfeet

Cordova, TN

#5 Jul 27, 2011
What land deals?
Brad Morton

Cordova, TN

#6 Jul 27, 2011
happyfeet wrote:
What land deals?
All of the answers are coming soon.
Phallus Maximus

Arlington, TN

#7 Jul 28, 2011
Brad Morton wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the answers are coming soon.
Look---They hired Cedric out of Memphis City Schools with a less than stellar record. Based on his recommendation they hired Lorene Essex who has, and is currently involved in several multi million dollar lawsuits in Memphis.

As usual...if you put "Doctor" in front of their names, the sheep of Fayette County will bow and cow tow, until it's time to put the mule up.
Brad Morton

Cordova, TN

#8 Jul 28, 2011
I am going to really enjoy watching the FBI or TBI storm the county seat in Somerville like they did up in Millington.
Phallus Maximus

United States

#9 Jul 28, 2011
Brad Morton wrote:
I am going to really enjoy watching the FBI or TBI storm the county seat in Somerville like they did up in Millington.
We've heard this before and besides...telegraphing it on here is like turning a light on in a kitchen late at night for most of the "sheeple" out here. Everything gets scattered, hidden and done away with.

Nice try and you get an "A" for effort however.
Brad Morton

Cordova, TN

#10 Jul 28, 2011
Phallus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
We've heard this before and besides...telegraphing it on here is like turning a light on in a kitchen late at night for most of the "sheeple" out here. Everything gets scattered, hidden and done away with.
Nice try and you get an "A" for effort however.
How about a 1 hour short film posted on the web and sent to the news?
doggy1

Oakland, TN

#11 Jul 28, 2011
looks to me like Brad Morton has had too much to drink and has been hanging around john b. too long.
Anonymous

Cordova, TN

#12 Jul 28, 2011
if you're talking about john bregorgis then I am all about hearing what that dude has to say. I voted for him and think he knows more than people give him credit for. he is a little twitchy but knows what he is talking about.
Poor Mannerism

Beech Bluff, TN

#13 Sep 26, 2011
Phallus Maximus wrote:
Ed Allen--Terry Leggett--Reggie Howard were elected by default. Nobody else ran in the elections against them who had the sense, or backing of the big bucks.
In each case these frogs have had the backing of their spouses'(and mommy) big money for the purposes of the election. Each has an ego problem in that they have to run something outside their home because they cannot run the inside of theirs.
They know what everyone with good sense knows---the sheep of Fayette County will do what good little sheep are told and move on.
You will pay for that school even in hard economic times, and like it!
You will pay an extra $20.00 on top of your car tag fee to fund it, even in hard economic times and like it!
The cops will not enforce this tag thing against African Americans, because they are the least empowered in Fayette County, but make up the largest voting block of all.
Want to change things up? Put a term limit county wide-office wide clause on the ballot. Otherwise, shut up, sit down and take it!
Can you leave race out of it? EVERYONE will have to endure paying the extra wheel tax except those who are with the National Guard. Are the volunteer firefighters who don't get paid getting a break? No. So, quit bitching and playing a race card - race has nothing to do with it. I am quite frankly SICK of african americans playing the race card!
Jackie Fargo

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2011
These politicians out here in Fayette County are like diapers...they both need to be changed often and for the same odorous reason.
Pallus Maximus

Arlington, TN

#15 Sep 27, 2011
Poor Mannerism wrote:
<quoted text> Can you leave race out of it? EVERYONE will have to endure paying the extra wheel tax except those who are with the National Guard. Are the volunteer firefighters who don't get paid getting a break? No. So, quit bitching and playing a race card - race has nothing to do with it. I am quite frankly SICK of african americans playing the race card!
I haven't said anything racial...only the truth! These old white klowns know full well that the largest voting majority in this county is colored and they pander to it! The cops are going to wink at the out of date or swapped tags for fear of ticking them off. This is why they spoke up at the meetings!
The school issue is a free and entitled one! Who are the majority of students at these schools? "Sho' ain' white folks boss!"

More than 20% unemployment rate and these klowns say "well everyone else is doing it!" that is not sufficient to go ahead and raise taxes, or car tag fees!

What this will do is keep the wild animal rampaging Memphis negroes out of Fayette County. So let's be truthful and admit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 sheriff's election 3 hr Mayor Bill 4
Amy's Country Clippers (Mar '10) Thu NotUsingCountryCl... 62
Amber Hamilton Feb 1 She got it 2
Huddle house (Apr '13) Jan '18 Mayor Bill 3
cheating men and women of fayette county (Aug '16) Jan '18 Turd Ferguson 7
You farted in the Kroger bread aisle, I fell in... Dec '17 Turd Ferguson 1
Poll Name 1 good oakland police officer, its going t... (Oct '09) Dec '17 Smh 67

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages