Police Impound Lot growing, when is t...

Police Impound Lot growing, when is the auction

Posted in the Oakland Forum

Doug Lane

Oakland, TN

#1 Sep 30, 2010
The OPD has been doing a great job impound, and seizing cars from drunks and those hauling drugs, I see the fruits of their labors in the impound lot behind the sewer treatment plant. I wonder when we are going to have the next auction. Does the Chief wait until he has a big enough amount of cars, or is it scheduled in advance?
I think it's great that our town finally has a police chief that is enforcing the law, not only is it worse for the criminals, but all the money they make from these auctions really adds money to the police force. This keeps our low tax rate in effect, and gives the police money to buy things that they need. The only losers in the deal are the drunks and drug dealers! As our judge up in Somerville won't put anyone in jail (time served 11months 29 days probation)this may have the effect of keeping drunks off our streets and drug dealers out of our town. Thanks Chief Jewell!!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 30, 2010
When they get ready to have a auction, they will run an add in the local paper for a couple of weeks prior to the auction date, stating when and where it will be held. You can go and and look at these vehicle if intrerested before that date.
Doug Lane wrote:
The OPD has been doing a great job impound, and seizing cars from drunks and those hauling drugs, I see the fruits of their labors in the impound lot behind the sewer treatment plant. I wonder when we are going to have the next auction. Does the Chief wait until he has a big enough amount of cars, or is it scheduled in advance?
I think it's great that our town finally has a police chief that is enforcing the law, not only is it worse for the criminals, but all the money they make from these auctions really adds money to the police force. This keeps our low tax rate in effect, and gives the police money to buy things that they need. The only losers in the deal are the drunks and drug dealers! As our judge up in Somerville won't put anyone in jail (time served 11months 29 days probation)this may have the effect of keeping drunks off our streets and drug dealers out of our town. Thanks Chief Jewell!!
Mayor Bill

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Doug Lane wrote:
You're easy to spot, so again, I'll ask the same 2 questions:

1. Have you ever spoken to a woman without having to first dial a 900 number or give a credit card number?

2. Have you ever been out on a date with a woman where you did not have to keep inflating her with air?

(This is going to be a long weekend.)
Shifty Logan

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Mayor Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Have you ever spoken to a woman without having to first dial a 900 number or give a credit card number?
2. Have you ever been out on a date with a woman where you did not have to keep inflating her with air?
You are right that guy stays on here with Mullins, Tisdale, Oakland Crime Ring, etc....the guy may not need the rubber dollie----just a picture of Mullins and a dark room! Obsessed clown!
Jackie Fargo

United States

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Doug Lane wrote:
Well for sure if they seized cars from mental case goofs....they would have had a car lot off of you! GOOF!
Doug Lane

Oakland, TN

#6 Oct 2, 2010
4merOfficer wrote:
When they get ready to have a auction, they will run an add in the local paper for a couple of weeks prior to the auction date, stating when and where it will be held. You can go and and look at these vehicle if intrerested before that date.
<quoted text>

Good Info! Do you know how much the PD has made from these impounds so far? With money being as tight as it is, every penny offsets tax money, it is great.
Why has Oakland waited so long to start impounding and seizing cars from all these criminals? All the other towns have been doing it for at least 10 years?
Mayor Bill

Memphis, TN

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Doug Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Info! Do you know how much the PD has made from these impounds so far? With money being as tight as it is, every penny offsets tax money, it is great.
Why has Oakland waited so long to start impounding and seizing cars from all these criminals? All the other towns have been doing it for at least 10 years?
Why don't you call the Chief after you get though with the Quest calls and find out?

Damn you're GOOFY!
ArtDude

Oakland, TN

#8 Oct 3, 2010
I too am glad they are finally impounding cars an have started a lot. BUT, I sure do wish the city would put up a wood fence around it. It was bad enough to drive down Chickasaw Ridge and see the sewer plant in all it's glory, now in addition, there is a JUNK YARD! Doesn't help home values or Oakland's reputation.
Bob B

Oakland, TN

#9 Oct 3, 2010
ArtDude wrote:
I too am glad they are finally impounding cars an have started a lot. BUT, I sure do wish the city would put up a wood fence around it. It was bad enough to drive down Chickasaw Ridge and see the sewer plant in all it's glory, now in addition, there is a JUNK YARD! Doesn't help home values or Oakland's reputation.
Right on! As I understand it, some of the money the town will make from the sales of these criminals cars will go for a fence (privacy type), I can live with the eye sore for a short while, as long as there is a plan to fix it, and the money comes from the seizures/sales. All in all it is really a refreshing change.
Mayor Bill

Hendersonville, NC

#10 Oct 3, 2010
Bob B wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on! As I understand it, some of the money the town will make from the sales of these criminals cars will go for a fence (privacy type), I can live with the eye sore for a short while, as long as there is a plan to fix it, and the money comes from the seizures/sales. All in all it is really a refreshing change.
As long as you talk sense, you won't get hammered.
2Hot2Hold

Jackson, TN

#11 Oct 12, 2010
Mayor Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't have anything intelligent to say other than pure trash, then shut up!!! What does this statement say about you other than you have sex on the brain! Get over it already or shut up!
TAX DOLLAR WATCH

Arlington, TN

#12 Oct 13, 2010
2Hot2Hold wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't have anything intelligent to say other than pure trash, then shut up!!! What does this statement say about you other than you have sex on the brain! Get over it already or shut up!
Another disgruntled juicer, fired from Oakland. Speak for yourself and take your own advice. Damn drunk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop arrested years ago Thu What to do 1
News Mason police department 'restructuring' Jul 17 Ezio Auditore Fir... 1
Oakland is a Speedtrap (Oct '11) Jul 17 Nashville 65
Marriage and boundaries (Mar '10) Jul 13 Wiser 13
Pokemon Go Players? Where do you play? Jul 13 Pokemon 1
News 18 TN counties fail to report DUI data to crime... (Sep '15) Jul 11 The Stealth 4
Collierville High or Houston High (Jan '16) Jul 2 onewhoknows 2

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages