Joshua Smith; Oakland Police; badge; Christmas miracle; indicted

Full story: WREG

Kelly Hessedal 9:11 PM CDT, March 22, 2010 FAST FACTS: Former cop Joshua Smith accused of Filing a False Police Report, Tampering With Evidence Former boss says he shot his own badge Smith faces up to 12 years behind bars What was called a Christmas miracle now has a former Oakland police officer facing charges.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lynne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Boy, talk about going to extreme lengths to receive attention. If he ends up in jail I feel certain he'll get all the attention he seeks, probably more than he wants.
split personality

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Yes indeed, hogswood has a split personality, on one hand he, hogswood, declares the badge shooting a MIRACLE, as if he has inside info direct from the Lord. On the other hand he says he shot his own badge!
One one hand mullins says, "All those people that are doubting jj's story, are SCUM, there is a lot of SCUM in Oakland, I'm gona fight for jj"
Well at least mullins does what he always does, lies, he didn't fight for jj, never intended to fight for jj, but mullins felt it would make him look good to say it! However, it should be noted all those that were far sharper, smarter, and could smell a pile of mullins, when it came to this story, are not scum, mullins is a coward for not debating Scott Ferguson, but he is also a coward, and common trash for not apologizing to those people he called SCUM, just because they were smarter than he and hogswood. Now let's face it, if being smarter than mullins and hogswood makes you scum, then 65%(min) of all the people in Oakland are scum. Apologies are not likely to come from mullins, why, you guesed it, because he is SCUM!
mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

i said this was a hoax from the start,now jj is looking at up to 12 years.that boy has been a scam artist for years he has beat a lot of people out of a lot of money,he beat mlg&w out of how much workers comp?he tried to do the same to o.p.d. he also got mr. duncan charged with robbery when he was at mlg&w. i think that the robbery was staged as well.jj needs to get the max 12 years and i hope they charge him for the fake mlg&w robbery and add more jail time for that.i feel sorry for what mr.duncan has went through, but i am full of joy that jj got BUSTED.
officer

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

I am happy to hear JJ is going to have to face the music. I know there are good cops and bad cops out there. I just hope his little stunt doesn't further darken the repetation of the officers who are trying to do their job. I feel I service my community everyday by going out and I miss a lot of events with my family in order to do this job. Nobody made me do it, however I think it is necessary for someone to do it. Thank all of you that support our officers. God Bless you.
PITennessee

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Mr. Smith may be suffering from some type of ADD or ADHD. He certainly got the attention he was looking for when he reported this incident. Please take into consideration all the factors when reaching a decision as to his penalty. Maybe he needs to do community service and see some type of therapist. Obviously, he needs help and he will never be a police officer again in his lifetime. He is branded with his actions and now he has to live with what damage he has done. Hope humanity has not given up on people with mental disorders. There are a lot of police that have committed more violent crimes against the public.
tnb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

You got to be stupid as hell to do something like that specialy when you are a officer of the law.
Farmer Wilson

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Yep, another fine example of the caliber of people who become cops in this state. We'll add his name to the ever growing list of criminally corrupt cops in this state.

http://whentennesseepigsfly.blogspot.com/
TAX DOLLAR WATCH

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Farmer Wilson wrote:
Yep, another fine example of the caliber of people who become cops in this state. We'll add his name to the ever growing list of criminally corrupt cops in this state.
http://whentennesseepigsfly.blogspot.com/
"Farmer Wilson" no one can argue with you, in our little town of Oakland, we have had jj, tisdale, tisdales's TWO patrolmen (that plead guilty as did tisdale), And the Big Bellied Rapist, as former members of the OPD. The reason this type of scum concentrate in Oakland, is billie mullins. The tisdale/mullins crime gang has always fired or had quit the honest cops, the quality cops, but have hung on to the lowest of the low, those that could not get hired anywhere else, why? This keep them beholding to mullins for a job, as we had over a 100% turn-over rate in the OPD, quit and fired, those that went along were promoted, hogwood is a good example. There are many good cops in TN, and many Great cops in TN, we just happen to search for the scum. The real scarey part of the OPD is the reserve. We have a huge reserve, made up of mostly out of town, and out of County persons! They don't have any crime in their counties, so they come to Oakland to fight crime? Yea, right.
Mr Leo in Memphis

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

A prime example of when the devils of this earth call themselves moving out of the city away from crime, they go to their own little communities and fabricate crimes about the minorities. Then point their warped little fingers at the city saying "oh that's why I left Memphis...to be safe." Well, continue to congregate in Oakland. I think its the perfect place for ya. I just wish it wasn't connected to the earth. Jeez, you people.
Darth_Gibb

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

"Police Chief Keith Hogwood says the evidence against Smith is strong. The one question he still can't answer is why."

Ohhhh, I don't know ... maybe because he's the type of person that chooses a job where he gets to tell everyone else not to do the things that he's getting away with? Just a guess.
Shawn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Mr.Leo,please read the story again - the fallen cop lives in Memphis.
waitaminute

Millington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

what a nerd, i hope he does a little jail time, what a liar, i can tell you no cop believed this story when it first broke,,have a nice life geek.
Darth_Gibb

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Mr Leo in Memphis wrote:
A prime example of when the devils of this earth call themselves moving out of the city away from crime, they go to their own little communities and fabricate crimes about the minorities. Then point their warped little fingers at the city saying "oh that's why I left Memphis...to be safe." Well, continue to congregate in Oakland. I think its the perfect place for ya. I just wish it wasn't connected to the earth. Jeez, you people.
"Devils" hahaha That's funny.

Statistically, you are far safer with those "devils" than you are with the "angels" that reside within the minority communities. Glass houses, glass houses ...
Crime stats Problem

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Crime stats are a problem,why? If the PD doesn't report the crime, or covers up the crime, Or helps the Criminals, no statistic is generated. In Oakland our police are the criminals, our former chief (16 years) was finally caught, plead guilty and is now a convicted felon, he had two crime partners, both OPD patrolmen, both convicted felons. The Big Bellie Rapist was a former OPD patrolman. Our mayor,billie mullins is facing trial in 2 days for a series of felony charges. Our police force has for many years driven home drunks and druggies, as long as they supported billie mullins. No arrest, no statistics. mullins and he OPD have protected meth labs, and drug houses. There have been times when these establishments have been busted in Oakland, why? Because an Outside police force comes into Oakland and makes the arrests! When criminals, such as billie mullins claim low crime in Oakland, what they mean is poor crime reporting!!! Oakland is going to have a special election march 30, why? mullins was caught rigging the last one, by not supplying the election commission a city map! Even though mullins is facing a felony conviction this week, he is still running for mayor, we the people of Oakland have a chance to clean house, and elect an honest man, Scott Ferguson, it will be the first time in 17 years we will not have a crook running Oakland.
Blessed

Houston, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

What some people will do for ATTENTION... Now he's OUT of a job and his family has to suffer without the EXTRA INCOME. His kids will get teased b/c their dad(the policeman) made up a LIE!!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING.....OH, HE WASN'T
He shouldnt be out on bond....put him in the SAME cell has other criminals.....b/c thats what he IS..
bree

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

This guy was certainly an idiot to think he could get away with his lies. I'm not sure lengthy jail time is what's needed here. Several thousand hours of community service, lots of therapy (at his expense, not ours), weekend incarceration would better suit the crime.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

I knew JJ when he was younger and he was absolutely a good kid - never got into trouble. I don't know what happened. I think he may have some type of mental disorder, to do this. Who in their right mind would? I hope he pays for the crime he committed, but do hope that his mental stability will be checked out in all of this, too.
StoptheHATE

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Wow...it's so funny reading the comments when a WHITE person commits a crime. Where are all the racist comments about savages and going back to where you came from?? Hmm...interesting. I guess when a white person does something wrong and in this case, ironically blames it on a minority, it's just THAT person that's judged and NOT the whole race that's bad. Interesting concept. If only you all could use those same eyes to see that all minorities aren't bad either. There is bad in ALL...let me repeat that, ALL races. Remember this story the next time you write a comment about one bad minority doing something wrong. Lol...I'm positive you won't though...ignorance is bliss.
English First

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

I don't know why you are making such a big fuss about this. Okay, he was a screwball. He didn't hurt anyone. It's not an interesting story, it's pathetic. Move on.
Surveyor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

StoptheHATE wrote:
Wow...it's so funny reading the comments when a WHITE person commits a crime. Where are all the racist comments about savages and going back to where you came from?? Hmm...interesting. I guess when a white person does something wrong and in this case, ironically blames it on a minority, it's just THAT person that's judged and NOT the whole race that's bad. Interesting concept. If only you all could use those same eyes to see that all minorities aren't bad either. There is bad in ALL...let me repeat that, ALL races. Remember this story the next time you write a comment about one bad minority doing something wrong. Lol...I'm positive you won't though...ignorance is bliss.
see post # 10 by Mr. Leo in Memphis, dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakland Discussions

Search the Oakland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min seriously 123,879
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr bob 8,504
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 13 hr Get Real 8,461
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 21 hr mayorofavondale 58,244
paton fellows information Wed James 2
New lady Cop Apr 15 surely not 8
Debate: Marijuana - Collierville, TN (Sep '10) Apr 13 Rednecks are idiots 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oakland People Search