Oakland man in jail for postal theft

Oakland man in jail for postal theft

There are 8 comments on the Cumberland Times-News story from Jul 14, 2008, titled Oakland man in jail for postal theft. In it, Cumberland Times-News reports that:

Leslie Allen Bittinger, 42, of Oakland pleaded guilty in Garrett County Circuit Court on three charges, including theft of postal revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cumberland Times-News.

Brenda W

Topeka, KS

#1 Aug 15, 2008
This was worth reading..... And now again in the news for debit card fraud. HA
- country bumpkin -

Williamsport, MD

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Les will never learn. I feel sorry for his family.
Brenda W

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2008
No, he will NEVER learn. I'm confused as to why you feel sorry for his family. And which family do you speak of? His current family, or his 2 daughters that he has forgotten about?
- country bumpkin

Jefferson, MD

#4 Oct 9, 2008
Hey Brenda, just seen your comment and thought i'd respond. I had some HS classes with you and remember your 2 beautiful girls.

I feel for his mom, sisters and all of his families (present or past). Maybe its best he has nothing to do with his 2 daughters. Besides what kinda father would he have been to your girls? He's always trying to make the big money and whatever scheme. Did losing his leg make him quit drinking? If this was the father of my kids, i wouldn't be so quick to claim him.
Brenda W

Topeka, KS

#5 Oct 15, 2008
Hi country bumpkin. Believe me, my girls do not claim him. I'm very thankful that he wasn't a part of their lives. They've grown to beautiful young women and I'm proud of them. He would have made their lives just awful. Of course losing his leg didn't keep him from drinking. That's a big part of why I left him. I wouldn't raise my girls around that. Oh, HS.... how I miss those days.
Big Girl

Ocean City, MD

#6 Aug 22, 2011
Les will never learn or stop drinking. He is in and out of jail and a poor example of a man. All his children, including Natalie, are better off without him.
Les

Oakland, MD

#7 Aug 7, 2012
If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.....
Nataley

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Oct 3, 2013
You spelled my name wrong. And not everyone's perfect he is a great dad and I love him. Everyone makes mistakes and I think he's learning he has been doing better in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need to know Nov 18 Chelsie 1
getting worse Nov 16 Chelsie 3
Great Nov 16 Guest 2
News Accident man indicted on homicide charges (Jul '11) Jul '16 Katiepilkerton 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
Does any one know Beth Housley? (Apr '16) Apr '16 Cougergal1984 1
Looking for info about Oakland post office mural (Feb '16) Feb '16 wvustudent 1

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages