Riot squad retakes prison after 19-ho...

Riot squad retakes prison after 19-hour rampage by inmates

There are 2 comments on the The Independent story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Riot squad retakes prison after 19-hour rampage by inmates. In it, The Independent reports that:

Police outside HMP Ashwell, near Oakham in Rutland, yesterday; trouble erupted in the prison in the early hours enlarge Specially trained riot-squad officers yesterday battled to gain control of Ashwell prison in Rutland after rioting inmates caused millions of pounds of damage to the building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

sam

Clarklake, MI

#1 Apr 28, 2009
hi my name is sam
aircrew

Canterbury, UK

#2 Apr 28, 2009
Hi Sam. I hope you're not a weirdo! What do you want? Are you ok? Is English you're first or second language..or 3rd etc.

The UK treat prisoners better than their workers, disable or elderly.

These morons get three square meals a day, watch television and have a choice of educational courses they can take. Some even take degrees while in the nick.

People on the outside who dont commit crimes have to pay their way through uni

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Hardwick boy abused and starved Jul 23 DCF are Monsters 1
Beatles Tribute band returning to Nornay park! Jul 10 New England Music... 1
News Rain, high waters postpone some Civic Days even... Jul 1 Jtn 6
Beatles tribute returns to Oakham common in July! Jun '15 New England Music... 1
Dan Kirouac and Steve Kirouac live in June at t... Jun '15 New England Music... 1
Spencer selectmen won't bar Whitco's use of sid... May '15 Headscratch 2
News At Fitchburg State, a dream with every diploma May '15 Tammy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakham Mortgages