Marissa wanting a quarter million dol...

Marissa wanting a quarter million dollar gym?

Posted in the Oakdale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2014
What is the deal with Marissa thinking we need a quarter million dollar gym put in? It was first bid at $269k and was deemed to be a bit too expensive. In the paper last week it said that there was a reduction in the cost of the bid to make it not so elegant. What is the idea of Marissa board thinking that this is some sort of necessity? This town is just becoming a low class place to love any more.

Since: Dec 11

Kansas City, KS

#2 Jan 20, 2014
Fix the smell from the landfill in the schools or abandoned them. Build on? There are running out of students. Marissa kids should be sent to Sparta. A petition that dissolves Marissa schools for fresh clean air for the students is being circulated this Spring.
Citizen

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2014
No one cares about your mumbo jumbo so just keep your crap in your own discussion.

Olathe, KS

#4 Jan 21, 2014
Only fools and those who hate their families believe carcinogenic chemicals, neurotoxins, natural occurring decomposition of plastic,electronics, and fire retardants are ok to breathe. Marissa schools must close or your children will die early, produced monster babies and become mentally ill. No options it will happen to the kids if we don't close the schools.

Move the kids to Sparta. Killing your babies is a horrible thing to do. Love your children don't kill them with your uneducated chemically sick mind. The political people moved their families.
Citizen

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2014
I am more educated that you ever will be. Your statements have nothing to do with the post. So just keep your ranting in your personal post please.

Olathe, KS

#6 Jan 21, 2014
Could you repeats that education special citizen. Could not read it the first time. Repetition is good for people exposed to neurotoxins. They become slow learners like the victims of going to school so close to a landfill.

Olathe, KS

#7 Jan 21, 2014
Invest nothing in Marissa. The landfill will grow and the town will die. The homes are selling for nothing. The tax base is going away.
Citizen

United States

#8 Jan 21, 2014
Ok please keep in your own discussion about the landfill. This has nothing to do with it.
marissa

Brookport, IL

#9 Jan 22, 2014
Just asking didn't the mayors nephew get the bid?????? I do think we need other things in this town other than a gym for 269,000 dollars. But what do I know.

Olathe, KS

#10 Jan 22, 2014
Hope so. When the school district is dissolved contractors won't get paid. Can't sue a legal entity to pay the bills after it is legally gone. Joey will lose everything he ever had. Really Joey is not that bad of a person other than allowing all the toxic waste into the landfill killing so many and sickening the rest of the population of the landfill fallout area. Does sound like justice he got that contact.

The new gym is sure not common knowledge in town. Wondering if there really is a gymnasium coming.

Where will it be built?

Grade school?
HonestMan

Overland Park, KS

#11 Jan 23, 2014
Marissa people are sick in the head. Built a place for children in toxic waste gases. Guess you welcomed a dump can't expect intelligent decision making from Marissa. Sparta was and is smart enough to say no dump. Send Marissa schools children to clean air every day.

You have one person with common sense.

Dump the dump children to safeguard your genetic future. You can not educate a sick mind and body.
LiveEastofNewPow erPlant

Kansas City, KS

#12 Jan 23, 2014
District 40 has got to go. I must send my children into that smell and they come home sick when they complain about the smell. The smell has never made it to our home. I want a petition to take to my friends, family, and neighborhood. Spend money on a new building when you are sitting next to an enormous landfill. I love my kids. Home school until Marissa has no school children to poison. Superintendent get the toys out of your rectum. The smell is not your man's feces on your pencil. That is dangerous chemicals that hurt my children. Build new schools at edge of school district and make Waste Management pay for the buildings and the busses.
Citizen

United States

#13 Jan 23, 2014
This had nothing to do with the landfill. If you want to bitch about that go to that discussion. If you think it's that bad just move. This has to do with the workout gym they want to put in. I believe at the old high school building.
LiveEastofNewPow erPlant

Kansas City, KS

#15 Jan 24, 2014
Do you people hate your children? Everyone in the landfill fallout area just needs to love there children and families enough to care. Lacking of exercise is not your problems poison air is. Rebuild your town away from the landfill. I will work nonstop until Marissa school district is away from the landfill gases. My house is fine. People who hate people and only love money is why your allowing your family to suffer.

Kansas City, KS

#16 Jan 24, 2014
Absolutely priceless to see the poisoned landfill fallout victims try to make sense from their toxic minds and bodies. Look at yourself citizen. Your a doped up blind person from breathing toluene, neurotoxins, and carcinogenic participated air and gas. For at least four years in clean air for detoxification to get your thinking ability back if it will ever return.

Building anything in the landfill fallout area except more toxic business is foolish. Building poison producing businesses won't hurt anything here. The area is already uninhabitable for human kind.
Citizen

United States

#17 Jan 24, 2014
I'm done dealing with this discussion. This had nothing to do with the landfill. You guys just ruin the point of this topix by imploding on every subject about the landfill. I'm done with the page.

Salina, KS

#18 Jan 24, 2014
The schools and the landfill can't be discussed independently. The smell get in every building. The children that will exercise in this new building will be hurt like everything that is breathing those chemicals. It is what the people are concerned about.

The public schools are hurting children through Waste Management. Children whose parents who love their children enough to not let them die slowly in extreme air pollution.

Why built at taxpayers expenses in a School District that will possibly end in this year?

The school board clearly don't care about the children as much as being school board members. Do the right thing for the kids. Send every student to Sparta Schools and a safe education in clean air.

Anyone miss citizen?

Kansas City, KS

#19 Jan 25, 2014
The gay lines about the pencil. Lol. Too funny cause it is accurate.
u always look sweaty

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jan 25, 2014
Gene, the gasses have got too ya. They are affecting your brain. I can tell by your appearance that it has. U look like shit. So fat and nasty.

Overland Park, KS

#21 Jan 25, 2014
u always look sweaty wrote:
Gene, the gasses have got too ya. They are affecting your brain. I can tell by your appearance that it has. U look like shit. So fat and nasty.
. The gases won't effect me I have not been exposed from January 2012 on. Just the people that work or and live in the landfill fallout area are effected. Trashers, what next?��

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian doss Tue Looking for Brian... 1
News Crime 33 mins ago 6:15 p.m.Vehicles stolen from... Aug 15 Kathy 1
Innertech Nashville AKA little China swea... Aug 15 Kathy 8
Zip Aug 8 Namehere 3
Bored and frisky Aug 4 jess s 2
Susan Stone + Transgenderphobic Concrete Post =... Aug 2 stewie 11
a fire at susan stones trailer. Aug 2 stewie 15

Oakdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance