Miller started chain

Full story: San Bernardino County Sun

Marisa Miller Zimmer still remembers walking into Millers Outpost as a child, and watching her father David interact with people inside the popular clothing store.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 6, 2013
Gomez

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Miller's Outpost....ah, those were the days!:-)
Doctor Hugh Jass

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Miller's Outpost was my first job (Santa Anita Mall). Good memories of folding Levis 502 (had to be folded a certain way), Angels Flight pants, and jeans with the Grease logo.

Good times!
David

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Several years ago Dave would stop by my office to reminisce about the past. He had purchased his original surplus store from my great-grandfather in Ontario. He was a nice, intelligent man and will be missed. May he rest in peace.
mrs c

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

I used to work at Hub,(Miller's Corp office). And Dave would stop by once in awhile. He was a great guy. And loved everyone that worked there. But it turned into a big corporation when it got too big, and of course he had to turn it over to all the executives. But it was great when it only run by him. He was an awesome man!! Rest in peace!!
Gabriel

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Howdie! I worked at Miller's as a teenager in 1984-5. Was just at the santa anita mall today and can't remember where the store was. The wet seal is still there. But not the Oak Tree.
Doctor Hugh Jass wrote:
Miller's Outpost was my first job (Santa Anita Mall). Good memories of folding Levis 502 (had to be folded a certain way), Angels Flight pants, and jeans with the Grease logo.
Good times!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 43 min Donny B 7,922
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) 13 hr KeS 2
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) 14 hr KeS 100
Homeless Modesto Men Headed for Trial (Apr '08) 14 hr KeS 25
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr blasters 200,565
Broker held in realty scam (Nov '08) 15 hr KeS 4
Stanislaus county Embezzles hundred of thousand... (Nov '08) 15 hr KeS 8

Search the Oakdale Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search