Jerry Brown Meg Whitman Election Results: Whitman Concedes

Nov 3, 2010 Full story: LA Weekly 1,031

Meg Whitman just gave a concession speech over in Universal City. Her supporters booed in dismay when she said she had called "Governor-Elect Brown" to wish him well.

Full Story
JohnnyO

Redwood City, CA

#43 Nov 4, 2010
Yes a sad day for Californians. For sure brown will increase the tax's. And Amnesty for all illegals. I have to lean how to speak Spanish. Idon't know why people hate Meg & Carly so much. they never had a change to prove them selves. But Jerry and Boxer have. and look where we are at? Screwed!
What have Boxer really done? What? Well it was a closer race.As time goes by hopefully people will learn. Just like these Fags to get married. There will be a day I'm sure.That they can get married.
So were screwed for 4 years again.

So Right

Irvine, CA

#44 Nov 4, 2010
Roseville is a sewer but so is most of Los Angeles anymore. Your point is noted Dr.

Read: http://helpfixamericafirst.blogspot.com/2010/...
Dr Robert Branson wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Shit! Is this the best our education system can do nowadays! LOL
So Right

Irvine, CA

#45 Nov 4, 2010
Bad news. The neoconservatives aren't going to fix anything. Reagan signed the amnesty bill and every Republican administration has supported full amnesty since. The neocons architected the trade agreements to offshore, outsource, and insource. They work like this: We'll bring our business and money to foreign countries and kick the American worker to the curb. The foreign country doesn't have to give anything in return. Neither party offers the solutions.

Read: http://www.helpfixamericafirst.blogspot.com
Kaz wrote:
Well, the nation made good gains for the conservative cause, but what the hell happened to California? The California welfare system that will be perpetuated and enhanced by the progressive liberals in power, is bound to drive more businesses out of California, due to the inevitable increase in taxes to fuel the welfare machine. Eventually, the beneficiaries of the welfare state will have to disperse to seek welfare elsewhere when California runs out of money by loosing its tax base. Bailing California out can only extend the problem further. California needs to be allowed to go bankrupt. Things need to hit rock bottom before recovery can occur.
That's all for my pontificating for today.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#46 Nov 4, 2010
Proud2BaMommaGrizzly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, California is liberal - maybe more accepting of others differences than other areas are which might be a better use of the term "liberal" than the definition many see = "MO FREE SHIT".
The USA is a CAPITALIST country. The only limits to our gaining wealth are ourselves. The damn democrats bitch and moan that we need to spread the wealth around because they are too damn lazy to WORK and take financial responsibility for themselves.
Rich people pay taxes in amounts much greater than the average person earns annually. The government can't keep taking away from those who 'have'[and work for it] to spread it around to a bunch of lazy jerk offs. People have to have an incentive... if the the situation doesn't change quickly, everyone is going to want to stay home on the couch all day waiting for the gov't issued check to arrive. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no money tree.
CA is too full of low life blood sucking morons who like "Free shit". They have tipped the scales and certainly will vote in the demo's who serve the 'redistribution of wealth' chain.
People better start getting pissed off and let those in charge know that enough is enough. Deport illegals, modify the disability and welfare systems and start giving the hard working people a friggin break instead of taxing the shit out of us all around.
Yeah that pretty much goes hand in hand with making more - you get taxed more.
Unless you're a student of the Reagan/Bush Borrow-n-Spend neoconservative school of economics, in which case workers have no rights and the wealthy own the government.
Some pathetic slaves like to be peed on like that.
I don't.
Santa Barbara

Santa Clara, CA

#47 Nov 4, 2010
carly meg commies wrote:
carly and meg are commies not capitalist. they exported jobs for slave wages
those 2 cu**t got exactly what they deserve: their butts lost and got punked
You are an idiot! The jobs are leaving because employers can't afford to pay UNION wages/pensions. Unions are driving jobs out of the country.

Wise up.
California has no chance

Santa Clara, CA

#48 Nov 4, 2010
Brown as Governor. Wins by 12 points with 53.6% of the votes.
Newsome as Lieutenant Governor. Wins by 11% with 50% of the votes.
Secretary of State Debra Bowen. Wins by 14.4% with 53% of the votes.
Controller John Chaing. Wins by 18.3% with 54.9% of the votes.
Treasurer Bill Lockyer. Wins by 19.9% with 56.4% of the votes.

All won these position by 50% or more!
California has no chance

Santa Clara, CA

#49 Nov 4, 2010
So Right wrote:
California voters are completely brain dead. They elected Jerry Brown, Barbara Boxer, and passed Proposition 25 so the liberal legislature can raise taxes and grant amnesty.
These Democratic zombies even voted a dead person into office. No kidding!
http://www.aolnews.com/elections/article/dece...
A Democratic state senator who died last month was easily re-elected in California, denying the GOP the seat and probably forcing the governor to call a special election.
Sen. Jenny Oropeza was leading Republican challenger John Stammreich 58.4 percent to 35.7 percent, according to the latest vote count.
Californians are so brain dead they vote Democrats into office even after they are dead! Im sure after Boxer dies, theyll just keep voting her into office!
Now the State can pass a budget with a simple majority. Just wait.
Prop 13 will be overturned. Property taxes are going to double or may triple.
Peter R

Long Beach, CA

#50 Nov 4, 2010
Now that Democrats have lost their death grip on Washington will there be an investigation of the potential for illegal alien and SEIU voter fraud which may have got Brown and Boxer elected?
Behind green doors

Monrovia, CA

#52 Nov 4, 2010
Who cares, it's time to move on.

Meg shot her wad and lost.
Jim

San Jose, CA

#53 Nov 4, 2010
she spent enough money. for nothing.
So Right

Irvine, CA

#54 Nov 4, 2010
I understand that. Neither party offers the solutions. One just kills the country faster.
California has no chance wrote:
<quoted text>
scout

Albany, CA

#55 Nov 4, 2010
I was in a lose-lose situation: I hate both jerry and meg!

Same with boxer and carley: hate both.
Behind green doors

Monrovia, CA

#56 Nov 4, 2010
Pack it up and in, JIM.
Kaz

San Francisco, CA

#57 Nov 4, 2010
Santa Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot! The jobs are leaving because employers can't afford to pay UNION wages/pensions. Unions are driving jobs out of the country.
Wise up.
Well said, and,"Right on!" Who contributed to Brown's campaign?
At least Meg wouldn't have to be beholden to anyone 'cause she didn't have to depend on any lobbyist to support her campaign.
people

Eureka, CA

#58 Nov 4, 2010
People who hate it so much should just move out of the state to the south or the midwest where you probably belong.

“I like mexican food a LOT”

Since: Dec 08

Various Cities in Marin County

#59 Nov 4, 2010
So the free ride is over and ppl will have to pay taxes on the value of their home as they do in other states? That would be pretty cool, but listen, I bought 6 years ago... so Murphys law says that won't happen until i'm about 60 years old and not underwater. Don't worry... you're OK for a while.
California has no chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Loner

Los Angeles, CA

#60 Nov 4, 2010
listener wrote:
yeah it's welfare that's making us all destitute, not war entitlements and secret pentagon budgets, no bid contracts and the govt.'s refusal to negotiate with prescription drug companies for lower prices/group discounts (see medicare pt. D thanks to W)
left say...rich people getting richer is making us poor (check the inadequately taxed earnings of the top two per cent over the past few years)(or check out the record profits of oil companies, but hey,they worked hard so they earned it right! Like Paris Hilton right!
right say...poor people making us poorer!
why don't we just take away social security, give it to the wall street criminals like they gave them all that 401K money.. let people who've worked their asses off paying into SS just rot and die in the street! they must not have worked hard enough like the paris hilton class you FOOLS want not to tax "because rich people earned it."
ha, ha. just blame the poor people so Paris can live in her choice of mansions until she's a spoiled, yucky old hag flattering herself that her charity balls are making a difference.
right is wrong.
Welfare payments add up to far more than the cost of our national defense and I am for national defense anyway but I am not for paying for illegal Lupe and her seven ninos , paying for their housing education, medical care , food clothing and more.
Paris Hilton has earned alot of money herself and even the money she will inherit was earned by her ancestors who were not on welfare. Like the rest of us Paris will one day be a senior citizen but at least she will be rich , unlike you.
You don't sound to educated yourself . How many Berkeley grads use the word "yucky" ?

“I like mexican food a LOT”

Since: Dec 08

Various Cities in Marin County

#61 Nov 4, 2010
Are you making a blanket statement about ppl from the south and midwest... saying that they make blanket assumptions about groups of people? I know those were not your exact words, but I had a woman once, and she taught me about reading between the lines!
people wrote:
People who hate it so much should just move out of the state to the south or the midwest where you probably belong.
Loner

Los Angeles, CA

#62 Nov 4, 2010
listener wrote:
<quoted text>
what friggin welfare increases? whoever told you that is lying. stop listening to fox "news."
news and opinion have as much in common as the bible and playboy magazine. i think it was cronkite who said that.
there have been NO welfare "increases."
do you not have a concept of how the 3 trillion bailout for big banks--and businesses getting tax credits for moving operations offshore---have destroyed this economy? then there's the little matter of the three trillion that rumsfeld announced was just "lost" "missing" from the pentagon the day before 9/11. that news story sure didn't get any traction did it? big fat news story the following day to cover it up.
you are HIGH if you think poor people are to blame for the economy. please get a clue. read a newspaper. something. you are spouting propoganda put out by the very same people who are bringing us to ruin.
read history. the rich do not get richer nor the poor poorer by a natural process. it is a process of simple theivery. the theivery comes when people like ronald reagan start reducing taxes for the aristocrat class. NOT the middle class. the middle class of working people is being destroyed from the top, not the bottom. and it happens again and again and again.
these people are anti-competition and anti middle class and they have YOU fooled.
The upper class pay almost all the tax. What is tax anyway ? tax is money you earned that the govt steals to give to someone who hasn't earned it.
Loner

Los Angeles, CA

#63 Nov 4, 2010
Brown has always opposed prop 13. If Brown has his way senior citizens who have paid for houses in safe neighborhoods like Manhattan beach and Pacific Palisades will have to sell their houses because they can't pay their property taxes and spend their last years in South Central or Hathorne

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) 6 hr Riverbank resident 105
Crook in Arnold Oct 11 Commander Bunny 2
Yucaipa City Council candidates answer questions Oct 8 Qeolersan 1
h*rny sky pe Oct 3 fallen10 1
Stanislaus county Embezzles hundred of thousand... (Nov '08) Oct 1 KeS 9
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Oct 1 KeS 3
Review: 5 Star Auto Sales Inc (Aug '10) Sep 26 motownx 6
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match

Oakdale Jobs

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info