Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Big D

Modesto, CA

#7196 Feb 15, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Who made you the expert? Facts are people in the 1930s realized there had been a pronounced warming trend. During the 1960s, weather experts found that over the past couple of decades the trend had shifted to cooling.
Obama's Carbon Dioxide Lies
The utter desperation of the “Warmists”, the advocates of global warming—now called climate change—is evident in a recent “study” reported in the Daily Caller in which “an international team of researchers” concluded that “earthworms could be contributing to global warming.” Earthworms!
That's how stupid they think the public is.
Mr. Obama is likely to signal he wants to move beyond proposed Environmental Protection Agency rules on emissions from new power plants and tackle existing coal-fired plants…”
There is not a scintilla of evidence that reducing carbon dioxide to avoid global warming has any basis in science, but ample evidence that Obama sees it as a way to reduce the nation’s capacity to generate the energy—electricity—it requires for economic growth. The effort to impose a carbon tax would suck more wealth out of the private sector while fueling the government’s insatiable desire for more funding.
I am not an expert, but I can see the data

you are jumping to politicians conclusions about the cause, I don’t care what any politician says, the science is not driven by politics

We were discussing your denial of the fact that it is warming… dramatically and far beyond the trends in the 20s

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7197 Feb 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not an expert, but I can see the data
you are jumping to politicians conclusions about the cause, I don’t care what any politician says, the science is not driven by politics
We were discussing your denial of the fact that it is warming… dramatically and far beyond the trends in the 20s
Science is driven by politics, Who gives the grants to determine a predetermined cause? Why has NASA been caught lying so many times to boost the government claims? SCIENCE is driven by politics. That's why I will look outside of the NASA box to other countries where the Government is not involved to prove something to obtain more money from the people. You act like an expert, but not even close.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7198 Feb 15, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Science is driven by politics, Who gives the grants to determine a predetermined cause? Why has NASA been caught lying so many times to boost the government claims? SCIENCE is driven by politics. That's why I will look outside of the NASA box to other countries where the Government is not involved to prove something to obtain more money from the people. You act like an expert, but not even close.
I know why you think that, because your science obviously is

but that is not at all true for actual science

I am not an expert, I am not even an expert in my favorite fields of science. Compared to you I look like an expert, but compared to you just about everyone is
Smackers

Monrovia, CA

#7199 Feb 15, 2013
February 2013:

The inland California continued to show the highest rates of foreclosure activity, while coastal California saw foreclosures decline.

With prices of goods still fluttering, home prices will do the same for quit sometime in the future.

Elk Grove, CA

#7200 Feb 15, 2013
Recently, a discovery of a planet some 600 light years from Earth which NASA claims to be very similar to our planet has them excited, because of the suspected distance of the planet from its star and suspected rotation making it supposedly a habitable environment. Again, scientists releasing speculation, not scientific discovery.

Since NASA is a government entity that receives funding from the Federal government for all its projects it has become as incompetent as the government always has been. NASA also has to follow the Federal government's overall guidelines to keep within a specified agenda, which means it will not announce any scientific discovery or breakthrough that doesn't fit into the overall picture as deemed by its financial supplier.

The only hope of genuine discovery about life beyond our own and about our planet itself, will only come from individuals and organizations that are not associated with the US government.

We can take weather forecasting as a prime example of where we stand today scientifically. We have satellite monitoring of storm systems all over the world, Doppler radar, and a slew of highly advanced technology which should make forecasting the weather a breeze. However, the accuracy rate of predicting the weather even in the next 24 hours is at about 50%. Yet, we are supposed to believe as gospel what we are told about star systems at 600 light years away and almost daily, we are led to believe in forecasted climate change in the coming decades. The 'Supposed Scientific' findings say it is due to the 'Supposed' discovery of rising levels of CO2 and CH4 which together, make up less than a fraction of 1% of the total composition of the overall atmosphere.

What we have here is agenda driven politics and a quest to meet certain financial goals, degrading science to nothing more than a tool of achieving the big picture while suiting these needs.

Actual science has been replaced with a pseudoscience, where theories can be presented as fact without any basis.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7201 Feb 16, 2013
And of course you are opposed to science because it makes it harder to convince people of the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Elk Grove, CA

#7202 Feb 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
And of course you are opposed to science because it makes it harder to convince people of the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Where did I say I was opposed to science? I'm opposed to make believe science and the puddle of crud theory. Here is a book you should read: The Case for Christ, written by a former denier and puddle of crud believer.

Elk Grove, CA

#7203 Feb 16, 2013
Big D wrote:

Elk Grove, CA

#7204 Feb 16, 2013
It is not the job of scientist to force the evidence into a theory just to fit it.

A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism (or Dissent From Darwinism) is a statement issued in 2001 by the Discovery Institute, a conservative non-profit public policy think tank based in Seattle, Washington, USA, best known for its advocacy of intelligent design. The statement expresses skepticism about the ability of random mutations and natural selection to account for the complexity of life, and encourages careful examination of the evidence for "Darwinism," a term intelligent design proponents use to refer to evolution.

Over 600 scientist signed it. These are Scientist with PhD's from Stanford, Berkeley...

Not science wannabees with a telescope that targets little boys.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7205 Feb 16, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say I was opposed to science? I'm opposed to make believe science and the puddle of crud theory. Here is a book you should read: The Case for Christ, written by a former denier and puddle of crud believer.
Belief in pseudoscience is an opposition to science

Elk Grove, CA

#7206 Feb 16, 2013
How did the Universe start? we know it's continuing to expand, means at earlier points in it's history proves it must have been smaller and denser and denser proving the universe had a beginning in the past. Confirming The Kal&#257;m cosmological argument. The Universe can't be understood in any clear way without the supernatural.

Elk Grove, CA

#7207 Feb 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in pseudoscience is an opposition to science
I suggest you stop believing in pseudoscience.
Changes

Monrovia, CA

#7208 Feb 16, 2013
The fire ball tries to light the fuze yesterday.
WYNONA P

Sonoma, CA

#7209 Feb 16, 2013
Folks are saying that The real skinny is that the church has imprisoned his holiness over his speech recognizing gay marriage between gays and lesbians as long as they are armed and will not ask for a minimum wage increase or retirement and health. If it means that much to them let us have a mass marriage ceremony and marry all and if they go armed then we will all make a fortune as homelands securities has estimated that there are 13 million of them here going to emergency hospitals for natal care and the lunch room. Stop all regulatory agencies from having meetings and using the elevators. Studies show that were all federal buildings to stop using elevators we would save some money. This is why I joined the TeaParty and will stay a member for life.
Changes

Monrovia, CA

#7210 Feb 16, 2013
Oh fizzle it.

Elk Grove, CA

#7211 Feb 16, 2013
The laws of physics are balanced on a razor's edge for life to occur.
Changes

Monrovia, CA

#7212 Feb 16, 2013
Does it have to get to Bell, California's level before anyone notices.

Corruption and high taxes happen because people are disconnected from the world around them.

Those 'fat an happy' crooks in Glendora, California city hall keep the public's attention off the hot button subjects.

Then they wonder why everything is going to hell in a hand basket.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7213 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
The laws of physics are balanced on a razor's edge for life to occur.
Actually with the right conditions, it is inevitable, nearly unavoidable.

Some of the comments you have made have shown that you have problems with Chemistry, Geology, biology, heredity, physics, astronomy, the list goes on and on, to believe what you believe you would have to discount several dozen sciences.

I will leave the believing to you, it is what you are good at

Elk Grove, CA

#7214 Feb 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually with the right conditions, it is inevitable, nearly unavoidable.
Some of the comments you have made have shown that you have problems with Chemistry, Geology, biology, heredity, physics, astronomy, the list goes on and on, to believe what you believe you would have to discount several dozen sciences.
I will leave the believing to you, it is what you are good at
All the comments came from scientist with PhD's. What do you have? It shows from your comment about the right conditions that you are under educated. If we listen to you, we might wonder why there is not life on more planets. Maybe you suffer from dementia?
Changerous

Monrovia, CA

#7215 Feb 17, 2013
Stink holes don't rot as well in the freezer, now do they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Sun xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov 7 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov 2 Riverbank resident 13
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Nov 1 missymarie 9
1 1 marriage (Mar '13) Oct 31 nik_James 2
swinger Oct 31 nik_James 1
Crook in Arnold Oct '14 Commander Bunny 3
Oakdale Dating
Find my Match

Oakdale People Search