Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201820 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211619 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh, you must have gone to the wrong site because there is testimonies and also doctors that have research genes and homosexuals did not get a gene to make them what they are. We will not discuss this with you any longer. We hope that we have not offended you in anyway, but my husband and I cannot change what God has revealed to us through His Scriptures. Thank you for all your comments, for we are still searching ourselves to know how much more we can serve our Creator.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211620 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe just as much as Christians believe Christ who told them it is not thier place to judge.:)
As I can prove that Pastafarians believe in their religion just as much as Christians do, that puts them on equal footing, belief wise :)
Ah. I thought so. "Equal footing" my ass. You well know that a bowl of spaghetti didn't create anything.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211621 Aug 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like the opposite of the westboro woman, suzaane henderson and her husband. Really big D? Thought you were higher then that?
Oh, he's high, alright...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211622 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you're gonna skip all the difficult stuff, huh? So here goes, firstly the 'true' and 'original' definition of marriage does NOT support two men or two woman union. Period! Some how people don't like a definition of a word and can just change it?? Hows that?? Secondly I really really don't give a rats ass what two people do to or between themselves, screw, do drugs, fight, kill each other (mutual combat) what ever. When it starts to affect me then I have something to complain about.(I can already read your tiny mind "so how does it affect you?") You will NEVER understand that position. Third, homosexual behavior has, is and always will be against all rules of man, nature ,common decency and moral belief. LET ME POST THIS TO ALL YOU QUEERS I DID NOT SAY R E L I G I O N !!! I have NO intention of convincing you of any thing, that would mean I care about you and believe me I do not give a day old crap about you or your gay crew.
The original meaning of the word Awful, was full of awe, not actually a bad thing

The Original meaning of shit was, "Ship High In Transit" placed on manure crates in shipping in the middle ages so fumes would not build up in the cargo hold and explode

The original meaning of Honeymoon was the father of the bride had to provide all the Honey Meade the new groom could drink for a moon ( month )

The word Bully originally meant a “good fellow”

Words change their meaning all the time and have all through history
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211623 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. I thought so. "Equal footing" my ass. You well know that a bowl of spaghetti didn't create anything.
I dont think any Gods that anyone has ever believed in did. Not one of the billions of Gods man has come up with.
sheesh

Silver Spring, MD

#211624 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
Yeah, I read your “NOT BORN THAT WAY” link. I don’t mean to be rude either, but it is pure hokum. Go read the bit from NOT BORN THAT WAY that is supposed to be a quote of Dr. Collins’ and then read what Dr. Collins has to say about his words being twisted to promote an agenda.
You can find it here:
http://wthrockmorton.com/2008/09/what-did-fra...
If that doesn’t work copy and paste these two fragments together:
http://wthrockmorton.com/2008/09/what-di
d-francis-collins-really-say-a bout-homosexuality/

Then get back to me about your favorite link.
Are your Greek and Hebrew texts based upon ancient definitions or modern ones? There is a difference.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211626 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on now!
Those are not truths, they never were. They were the best that an uneducated populace could come up with.
1) Being of European descent, I like this one.
2) We have used science to prove that was not. We didn't have Skylab back then...
3) Try to tell a woman that... Call me from the hospital....
4) Heliocentricism was also disproved through the use of scientific equipment.
5) Religion? Hell no.... don't even go there...
6) S/A/A
7) It's amazing how far we've come, thanks to science.
Science has also shown us what the human body is designed for. It's not designed for anal sex, any more than a screwdriver was designed to be used as a chisel. Some people just have a knack for misusing equipment.. This does not make a screwdriver a legitimate chisel....
This isn't about morality, it's about propriety. It's about calling a spade a spade...
And if you cannot see the fundamental difference between a heterosexual couple and a same gender one, and if you cannot see how these 1400 rights (or whatever the number) is the goal of this legislation, then you cannot see anything. No-one is stopping anyone from being gay. But, there is a majority of us that refuse to accept legislation instead of simple recognition. Any more than an illegal waving a green card is an American, at least to me. Shams and scams.
Correction: Geocentricism, not Heliocentricism.
sheesh

United States

#211627 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, you must have gone to the wrong site because there is testimonies and also doctors that have research genes and homosexuals did not get a gene to make them what they are. We will not discuss this with you any longer. We hope that we have not offended you in anyway, but my husband and I cannot change what God has revealed to us through His Scriptures. Thank you for all your comments, for we are still searching ourselves to know how much more we can serve our Creator.
I clicked on your link. It took me to your favorite site.

Testimonies are not evidence. Get that through your head. Testimonies sell a lot of snake oil on TV late at night.
The website quotes doctors who've done research. The quotes are selected carefully to "prove" their point. I directed you previously to what one of those doctors said about the misuse of his work. "NOT BORN THAT WAY" takes his words out of context and uses them to spread falsehoods. I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. If you're happy to take them at their word, that is your burden to bear. A sensible person would look beyond their claims and seek the truth behind the evidence presented.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211628 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one. Or at least I had one. It broke so I took it back to WalMart for a full refund.
It must have been a Chinese horizon, if you got it at WalMart, and it broke....
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211629 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes like same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year, real, definable truth
I have little interest in debating with someone who promotes FSM as a religion, and who lies, and who evades the truth. Someone who dances and dodges and ducks. I think that you're not playing with a full deck.

I will show you more respect than you have shown me. "same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year." is, indeed, a truth. However, it is based on subversion and infiltration. It is based on politicians who change their minds for personal bias, and do not stand their ground. It is not based on science or recognition of the validity of a heterosexual marriage.

Now, having directly addressed your post, and having given you a valid, pertinent response, I am done with you. I have shown you way more respect than you have shown me. And, you deserve none, with all of your dodging and ducking, your "you're not a true American" bullshit, your mockery of religion and the massive amount of people who are still in possession of a belief system. You twisting has bored me to tears, and I will not bandy any more words with a con artist, a corporate puppet, a spin artist.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211630 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Play on Freeway? Stick finger in light socket? Continue to post stupid stuff?
Yep. That seems to be your plan everyday. So why are you telling me? I read your stupid stuff with great amusement. I'm your biggest fan.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211631 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet Tap Dancing Christ on a cracker, you're batsh!t crazy
Just continue to ignore her.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211632 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think any Gods that anyone has ever believed in did. Not one of the billions of Gods man has come up with.
Billions? List 'em.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211633 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>True, these however never change.
Frankie is a Dumbass.
Only a dumbass would consider me a dumbass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211634 Aug 22, 2013
So Jizzy/Poof/SameoldMoron/Jbird/ Zoro/BudLongneck/Bud-light-in- the-loafers/etc. What will your next sock puppet be called? Are you accepting suggestions?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211636 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little interest in debating with someone who promotes FSM as a religion, and who lies, and who evades the truth. Someone who dances and dodges and ducks. I think that you're not playing with a full deck.
I will show you more respect than you have shown me. "same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year." is, indeed, a truth. However, it is based on subversion and infiltration. It is based on politicians who change their minds for personal bias, and do not stand their ground. It is not based on science or recognition of the validity of a heterosexual marriage.
Now, having directly addressed your post, and having given you a valid, pertinent response, I am done with you. I have shown you way more respect than you have shown me. And, you deserve none, with all of your dodging and ducking, your "you're not a true American" bullshit, your mockery of religion and the massive amount of people who are still in possession of a belief system. You twisting has bored me to tears, and I will not bandy any more words with a con artist, a corporate puppet, a spin artist.
And a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211637 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Brokendown Hoveround found on Freeway.
You shouldn't have taken it on the freeway and you should have maintained it better and that wouldn't have happened. Now we taxpayers are going to have to buy you a new one moocher. GET A JOB!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211638 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions? List 'em.
There are Indian cultures that believe there is a separate god for each and every family that has ever lived. That is several billion right there.

As valid as Wicca, or Scientology, or Christianity or FSM or any other religion.

All equal in the eyes of the law
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211639 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t care what you like, it is as valid a religion as any other.

You have never ever given any valid pertinent response to anything, don’t kid yourself.

You are free to believe in UFO's, or the Flat Earth Society, or Christianity, or Voo Doo, or FSM, or whatever belief you choose to believe, as long as you don’t try to push your little beliefs rules onto others, we don’t have a problem.

I don’t promote FSM, but I do applaud them, they have done an excellent job at what I personally think they were trying to accomplish.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211641 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
Therefore if God didn't create the homosexual, should we hang them? How do you know what a homosexual does with their partner? I have heard many straight people doing that rectum stuff. What's up with that? A lot of homosexuals might want to believe in God but with people like you constantly judging them and belittling them, I doubt they will even look at a Church. You and your coward husband are driving them away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Milfs In The Modesto-Merced Area? (May '13) Jun 30 My son loves milfs 10
News $1.8 million mosque rising at Islamic Center in... (Feb '14) Jun 21 The_MO_Profiteer 46
Review: Redemption Hill Church Jun 17 shockandawe 1
News East Bay water district will sue to fight state... Jun 16 Tammy 1
Review: Botanica Curandero Jun 15 Lucila 2
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jun 13 Mexican 14
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Jun 10 freedomfighter76 124
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Oakdale Mortgages