Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,938

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204862 Jul 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your claim that any increase in the reporting of sexual assault is due directly to gay men assaulting other men in the military?
Please provide verifiable links and government stats.
He can't..The POS will just ignore you, like he does everyone else that catches him making bigoted sh*t up.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204863 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people want the chance to have a committed, legally recognized marriage because we believe we should have the same opportunity to either succeed or fail as you.
I suspect that gay couples who already have decades of a committed relationship under their belts will succeed.
Finally, I'll just say what I've always said... One person's marriage--gay or straight--will have NO IMPACT on another person's marriage. Same sex marriage will not "kill off" marriage.
It's another lie that you are willing to spread in your attempts to discredit gays and lesbians and their relationships. You have no proof (based in science) to back up what you're saying.
Homosexual relationships are statistically highly unstable.

Imposing a counterfeit relationship on marriage will not change that result. Standing on your own honest identity is the only healthy way to move forward.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204864 Jul 26, 2013
Lt Col Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that testimony from General Officer XcXcXc included reference that the majority of these male victim in service assaults were apparently perpetrated by persons who were not previously identified as, and who rejected being identified as, homosexual. The perpetrators appeared, in large part, to be primarily straight, white predatory males with no prior homosexual activity, but who may have participated in other prior assaults, and who, in striking proportion, identified themselves as christian fundamentalist "loners". There is more, but that seems the pertinent I D stuff on this psychopathy. There appear to be hunters out there who do not care what they catch and "trophy".
Great post, Thank you..

Location hidden

#204865 Jul 26, 2013
Lt Col Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that testimony from General Officer XcXcXc included reference that the majority of these male victim in service assaults were apparently perpetrated by persons who were not previously identified as, and who rejected being identified as, homosexual. The perpetrators appeared, in large part, to be primarily straight, white predatory males with no prior homosexual activity, but who may have participated in other prior assaults, and who, in striking proportion, identified themselves as christian fundamentalist "loners". There is more, but that seems the pertinent I D stuff on this psychopathy. There appear to be hunters out there who do not care what they catch and "trophy".
Please post references for your claims.

Location hidden

#204866 Jul 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your claim that any increase in the reporting of sexual assault is due directly to gay men assaulting other men in the military?
Please provide verifiable links and government stats.
I posted reference earlier. Look it up, it's not hard.

Are you suggesting that heterosexuals assaulted both the men and women???

Or are you claiming only heterosexuals commit sex crimes???
Self applied

Monrovia, CA

#204867 Jul 26, 2013
Did you get in to the stick on tattoos, again?

Location hidden

#204868 Jul 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read your post. You claim that gays marrying will be the final blow to the institution of marriage for straight people.
You can't really spin that any other way. Either straight people are so weak and silly that gay folks marrying will influence their marriage choices, or your post is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying that no fault divorce had a devastating unintended effect on marriage and family. That is a simple historic reality. Further weakening marriage by dumbing it down again so SS couples can qualify will only exasperate the situation further.
Reved ups

Monrovia, CA

#204869 Jul 26, 2013
The Justice Department filed its first law suit challenge, to require Texas to seek permission from the federal government before making voting changes.

Because of the states history of discrimination in the South and Southwest, including North Carolina and South Carolina.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204870 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking at it backwards, I'm looking at the research. The affect on children, and the results of people who bail and remarry, and bail again.
Check it out.
Yes you are.

Your goal is for people to stay married regardless of how miserable, how abusive and how much they are damaging their children.

My goal is for strong marriages with people happy to be married, who work on their relationships and work together for the benefit of their children.

It is just a difference in goals

No fault divorce helps to achieve my goal, your goal is supported by law forcing people to stay married
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204871 Jul 26, 2013
Look at it another way

People married today, WANT to be married to who they are married to, have stronger working marriages.

Because if they are not happy, changing the marital situation is very easy.

that is a good thing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204872 Jul 26, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame.
As lame as your masterpiece post which said: "You act like a 12 year old TROLL!"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204873 Jul 26, 2013
-SNAFU- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no idea what the hell you're talking about,but I've noticed that pretty much sums up every off topic post you've made for the last 14 hours you've been on this thread. Maybe you and Randy shouldn't hit the sauce so hard during the day and you may make more sense posting. Have you ever thought about getting some psychological help for your obsession? Again who the hell is bill? LOL
You're Bill you big silly galoot!

$3 Bill, aka Old SniffsButts Bill from Livermore. Fake bronze star and all.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204874 Jul 26, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, like these simple facts about KiMare, from his own public Google blog:
http://watchmann.blogspot.com/search...
Gregory Dale Kirschmann
gregorykirschmann@yahoo.com
Married 36 years, two sons, and one Schnauzer.
Resides in Dillsburg PA effective 2011
Previously Greenville TN effective 2005
Previously Holualoa, Hawaii
These are facts he posted about himself. If you do a Google search you will see more interesting facts about KiMare.
Be careful what you post about yourself online. And then there are those pesky public records when you buy property or there is a UCC filing.
Smile
You're a real creep and you take this stuff way too seriously.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204875 Jul 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they signed up to get an education and a job, with the knowledge that they might be called on to die defending people like you, who would love to deny them, and their families, the same basic civil rights and benefits under the law that everyone else enjoys.
That says a lot about them, and, sadly, a lot about you.
Cool story.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204876 Jul 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How does my marriage, or any other gay person's marriage, put any other family "at risk"?
Please provide valid studies, statistics, and references.
"Please provide valid studies, statistics, and references."

Location hidden

#204877 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
Your goal is for people to stay married regardless of how miserable, how abusive and how much they are damaging their children.
My goal is for strong marriages with people happy to be married, who work on their relationships and work together for the benefit of their children.
It is just a difference in goals
No fault divorce helps to achieve my goal, your goal is supported by law forcing people to stay married
Your position was the claim of no fault divorce proponents. The historical result does not support that claim. Even you have noted the sad state if marriage and family that resulted.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204878 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at it backwards, No fault divorce has strengthened marriage, instead of being forced to stay married, people married today are because they actually want to be married.
People could divorce before, take away the "fault", undermined marriage.
People work on their marriages instead of depending on the law to force their partners to stay with them.
Uhhhhh....huh.....so why the need for "no fault" divorce? People could still divorce, but there had to be legitimate grounds.
No fault divorce is the best thing to happen to marriage.
Oh Madone!
Yes there are more divorces but that is the wrong statistic to look at, those are people that should not be married to one another, unhappy marriages.
Instead, lets look at all the broken homes, of all the children whose parents are no longer together, that might have stayed together, and worked things out for the good of everyone, but had an easy out thanks to the state.
People who stay married today work for their marriages, because they are no longer using the crutch of law to keep them that way
Why have the state involved at all then? No crutch at all.

Location hidden

#204879 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
Look at it another way
People married today, WANT to be married to who they are married to, have stronger working marriages.
Because if they are not happy, changing the marital situation is very easy.
that is a good thing.
The reality is that relationships have ups and downs. Couples that weather those changes end up the healthiest relationships in society. Those that bail end up at the other end with any children joining the devastation.

The easy way is usually not the way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204880 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
...Finally, I'll just say what I've always said... One person's marriage--gay or straight--will have NO IMPACT on another person's marriage.

...You have no proof (based in science) to back up what you're saying.
That's right. So why do you oppose equality for polygamists?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204881 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, and no. The goal is not to divorce for trivial reasons, or because there's a rough patch in road. Why do u insist people divorce on a whim?]
Yet u argue for people to abandon their marriages and families for trivial reasons, to not ride out the rough seas so to speak.
What goal is that? More divorces, more children growing up in broken homes? You should be so proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr subscibe 15,995
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr lollypop 5,068
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) 13 hr 🙈🙈 99
michael walker? Mon meh 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) Sep 9 KeS 16
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 9 whispering shades 7,952
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search