Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,876)

Showing posts 177,501 - 177,520 of200,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I use no such reasoning about the decline of marriage. Social science credits no fault divorce for the rise in divorce.
Nor would I judge faithful married couples based on the actions of those Eco violated their vows.
Your reasoning simply exposes a ignorant bigotry toward heterosexuals..
Please read your post. You claim that gays marrying will be the final blow to the institution of marriage for straight people.

You can't really spin that any other way. Either straight people are so weak and silly that gay folks marrying will influence their marriage choices, or your post is a bunch of hooey.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I deny no rights. Gays have every right to establish their own rights without putting our families and country at risk
The fact that your supposed correction violates other rights only exposed the fallacy of your position.
How does my marriage, or any other gay person's marriage, put any other family "at risk"?

Please provide valid studies, statistics, and references.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"If... If... If..."
How about dealing with reality instead of doing a postmortem?
That's just it! SSM is a reality because of the failure of men and women to treat marriage with respect, to honor our commitments.
You made a mockery of your own marriages. Gays had NADA to do with that.
I see, perhaps we should consult Dan Savage for advice on how to be monogamish?
Lt Col Anon

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
60,000 gays signed up to room with buff boys...
I wonder how many boys would sign up to room with girls...
Think of how effective the military would be if real equality existed.
Just a note; Last year sexual assaults in the military rose 40%. The majority of them were against men.
Smirk.
Note that testimony from General Officer XcXcXc included reference that the majority of these male victim in service assaults were apparently perpetrated by persons who were not previously identified as, and who rejected being identified as, homosexual. The perpetrators appeared, in large part, to be primarily straight, white predatory males with no prior homosexual activity, but who may have participated in other prior assaults, and who, in striking proportion, identified themselves as christian fundamentalist "loners". There is more, but that seems the pertinent I D stuff on this psychopathy. There appear to be hunters out there who do not care what they catch and "trophy".

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
60,000 gays signed up to room with buff boys...
I wonder how many boys would sign up to room with girls...
Think of how effective the military would be if real equality existed.
Just a note; Last year sexual assaults in the military rose 40%. The majority of them were against men.
Smirk.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... You're exactly right... Gay men join the service in droves so that they can be around hot, sexy men--men who they know they'll never have a chance in hell with. They put their lives on the line, all for the purpose of looking at "buff boys".(sarcasm)
By the way, "buff boys" is probably one of the gayest things you've said here. What kind of straight man would refer to another guy as "buff boys"?
Your scoffing didn't address a single point I made.

Why did you scoff? Because you have no answer for the points. They are once again, simple reality.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How does my marriage, or any other gay person's marriage, put any other family "at risk"?
Several high paid lawyers that were working on nothing else could not come up with a single one.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that quote the NRA likes to throw around, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"?
It can be applied to divorce as well. "Divorce doesn't destroy families, people destroy families."
Exactly. And the point is, judge the people who violate the law/vow, not the ones who don't.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people want the chance to have a committed, legally recognized marriage because we believe we should have the same opportunity to either succeed or fail as you.
You already have the chance to have"a committed, legally recognized marriage", just like anyone else.
I suspect that gay couples who already have decades of a committed relationship under their belts will succeed.
Very possible
Finally, I'll just say what I've always said... One person's marriage--gay or straight--will have NO IMPACT on another person's marriage. Same sex marriage will not "kill off" marriage.
Another reason for legal plural marriage.
It's another lie that you are willing to spread in your attempts to discredit gays and lesbians and their relationships. You have no proof (based in science) to back up what you're saying.
It is know that lesbians marry at a higher rate than gay men, have a higher divorce rate, and tend to be more monogamist than gay men, who tend to be "monogamish".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the marriages of the Brown family, or any other plural marriage practitioner's marriage, put any gay person's marriage at risk. Please provide valid studies, statistics, and references.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at it backwards, No fault divorce has strengthened marriage, instead of being forced to stay married, people married today are because they actually want to be married. People work on their marriages instead of depending on the law to force their partners to stay with them.
No fault divorce is the best thing to happen to marriage.
Yes there are more divorces but that is the wrong statistic to look at, those are people that should not be married to one another, unhappy marriages.
People who stay married today work for their marriages, because they are no longer using the crutch of law to keep them that way
I'm not looking at it backwards, I'm looking at the research. The affect on children, and the results of people who bail and remarry, and bail again.

Check it out.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your claim that any increase in the reporting of sexual assault is due directly to gay men assaulting other men in the military?
Please provide verifiable links and government stats.
He can't..The POS will just ignore you, like he does everyone else that catches him making bigoted sh*t up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people want the chance to have a committed, legally recognized marriage because we believe we should have the same opportunity to either succeed or fail as you.
I suspect that gay couples who already have decades of a committed relationship under their belts will succeed.
Finally, I'll just say what I've always said... One person's marriage--gay or straight--will have NO IMPACT on another person's marriage. Same sex marriage will not "kill off" marriage.
It's another lie that you are willing to spread in your attempts to discredit gays and lesbians and their relationships. You have no proof (based in science) to back up what you're saying.
Homosexual relationships are statistically highly unstable.

Imposing a counterfeit relationship on marriage will not change that result. Standing on your own honest identity is the only healthy way to move forward.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Lt Col Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that testimony from General Officer XcXcXc included reference that the majority of these male victim in service assaults were apparently perpetrated by persons who were not previously identified as, and who rejected being identified as, homosexual. The perpetrators appeared, in large part, to be primarily straight, white predatory males with no prior homosexual activity, but who may have participated in other prior assaults, and who, in striking proportion, identified themselves as christian fundamentalist "loners". There is more, but that seems the pertinent I D stuff on this psychopathy. There appear to be hunters out there who do not care what they catch and "trophy".
Great post, Thank you..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Lt Col Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post references for your claims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your claim that any increase in the reporting of sexual assault is due directly to gay men assaulting other men in the military?
Please provide verifiable links and government stats.
I posted reference earlier. Look it up, it's not hard.

Are you suggesting that heterosexuals assaulted both the men and women???

Or are you claiming only heterosexuals commit sex crimes???
Self applied

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Did you get in to the stick on tattoos, again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read your post. You claim that gays marrying will be the final blow to the institution of marriage for straight people.
You can't really spin that any other way. Either straight people are so weak and silly that gay folks marrying will influence their marriage choices, or your post is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying that no fault divorce had a devastating unintended effect on marriage and family. That is a simple historic reality. Further weakening marriage by dumbing it down again so SS couples can qualify will only exasperate the situation further.
Reved ups

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

The Justice Department filed its first law suit challenge, to require Texas to seek permission from the federal government before making voting changes.

Because of the state’s history of discrimination in the South and Southwest, including North Carolina and South Carolina.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking at it backwards, I'm looking at the research. The affect on children, and the results of people who bail and remarry, and bail again.
Check it out.
Yes you are.

Your goal is for people to stay married regardless of how miserable, how abusive and how much they are damaging their children.

My goal is for strong marriages with people happy to be married, who work on their relationships and work together for the benefit of their children.

It is just a difference in goals

No fault divorce helps to achieve my goal, your goal is supported by law forcing people to stay married
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Look at it another way

People married today, WANT to be married to who they are married to, have stronger working marriages.

Because if they are not happy, changing the marital situation is very easy.

that is a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,501 - 177,520 of200,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••