Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

GettaGoes

San Dimas, CA

#194186 Jun 2, 2013
Ah go play with yourselves, the fockers are looking for you.

When will the fockers catch up with you?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194187 Jun 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I have a pretty good memory. And I don't recall you EVER posting an irrefutable source in support of anything.
2.) In the courts, polygamy arguments have not been about "numbers". Rather the arguments have focused on "exploitation, abuse, patriarchy, issues with respect to taxes, inheritance, and child custody." That is a direct quote from the Supreme Court hearings on DOMA.
3.) Likewise, arguments against incestuous marriages have focused on abuse and offspring issues.
4.) Same-sex marriage is not associated with exploitation abuse, patriarchy, or issues with inheritance and child custody as is found in polygamy. And since proponents of same-sex marriage have NEVER argued in favor of polygamy or incestuous relationships, there are no concerns with the problems associated with these types of relationships.
5.) We already have laws in place with regards to couples who procreate. Same-gender marriage will not impact these laws.
6.) Who cares if new terminology is needed to deal with same-gender marriage? You can't seriously argue that the rights of same-gender couples should be secondary to the possibility that you might have to learn a new word or two. And I'm curious... What kind of new words would need to be established? On applications for marriage, words would be "replaced". New applications might use the words "spouse 1 and spouse 2" or "person 1 and person 2" or "applicant 1 and applicant 2". Even a 5 year old could deal with these kinds of changes.
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you hatefully and ignorantly assign to polygamists. If someone is abusing or exploiting a child, prosecute him for those crimes, not polygamy.

Also, spare us the "it's too complicated" we don't deny equal protection because it would be complicated. Sorry.
Quest

Dickerson, MD

#194188 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of tolerance and diversity are neither.
So,you believe that intolerance and segregation should be the societal norm? How odd.

I think that this country is not the place for you.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#194189 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuddup and have a banana Bluto. You third rate jackass!
By popular opinion, you are by far and with out any doubt the most stupid peice of crap here. We are all toying with your little pea brain Rizzoto boi. lol jerkoff
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194190 Jun 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you haven't provided any links where scientists, researchers, or legal experts have argued in support of incestuous relationship. I've not even seen any in support of polygamy.
But I'm a patient person, so I'll wait.
I have and you have ignored them. Then you lie and say I have posted none.

I have argued intelligently, you have not responded intelligently. Your only responses are "I backed you into a corner!" Or the old tired stereotypes and bigotry which if I used against SSM you would scream bloody murder.

There is no good scientific reason for the incest taboo. There is no good reason for the polygamy taboo. These are good people suffering the same discrimination you claim you are. So much for compassion and solidarity eh, Fruitcake?
Quest

Dickerson, MD

#194191 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you hatefully and ignorantly assign to polygamists.....
What does this topic have to do with polygamy? Are gay people demanding to marry multiples, or ONE person, just like straight folks already do?

The only folks really promoting it now are anti-gay bigots who can't muster a logical argument against gay folks marrying and certain conservative religious groups.

If you want it, take it to court.

But we all know it's just a straw man for you.

Silly stuff.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#194192 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of tolerance and diversity are neither.
And the "peace"niks will be the first to collaborate and appease and point you out to the Brown Shirts.

Never EVER turn your back on a liberal.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194194 Jun 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So,you believe that intolerance and segregation should be the societal norm? How odd.
I think that this country is not the place for you.
Is that what I said fruitcake? Please re-post my posts stating I believe in intolerance and segregation. I won't wait.

The so called people of tolerance and diversity are neither.

I am a disabled veteran, screw you, I fought for this country and I am staying. I believe in your right to marry your boyfriend how is that intolerance and segregation spice boy?

Step away from the pipe.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194195 Jun 2, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
By popular opinion, you are by far and with out any doubt the most stupid peice of crap here. We are all toying with your little pea brain Rizzoto boi. lol jerkoff
Aw shuddup you silly jackass. No one cares what dopey Bluto thinks.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194196 Jun 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this topic have to do with polygamy? Are gay people demanding to marry multiples, or ONE person, just like straight folks already do?
The only folks really promoting it now are anti-gay bigots who can't muster a logical argument against gay folks marrying and certain conservative religious groups.
Silly stuff.
That is not true, these are good people who are being denied marriage equality.

Most of the folks against it lately seem to be same sex marriage advocates.

Your argument that it is just a ploy against same sex marriage is a straw man. What harm would a loving marriage of three men cause you? What harm would a marriage of two sisters cause you?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194197 Jun 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly stuff.
Polygamy and incest are perfectly appropriate topics when discussing marriage equality. Your attempts at censorship suck.
GettaGoers

San Dimas, CA

#194198 Jun 2, 2013
Ah go play with yourselves, the fockers are looking for you.

When will the fockers catch up with you? to put you away?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#194199 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you hatefully and ignorantly assign to polygamists. If someone is abusing or exploiting a child, prosecute him for those crimes, not polygamy.
Also, spare us the "it's too complicated" we don't deny equal protection because it would be complicated. Sorry.
You apparently don't read very well. It was Kimare who decided that it's too complicated to legalize same-gender marriage. He complained that he might have to learn new terminology.

Gnaw on his ass for a while.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#194200 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have and you have ignored them. Then you lie and say I have posted none.
I have argued intelligently, you have not responded intelligently. Your only responses are "I backed you into a corner!" Or the old tired stereotypes and bigotry which if I used against SSM you would scream bloody murder.
There is no good scientific reason for the incest taboo. There is no good reason for the polygamy taboo. These are good people suffering the same discrimination you claim you are. So much for compassion and solidarity eh, Fruitcake?
All you've provided so far are a couple of OPINION pieces--nothing factual by a scientist, psychologist, physician, or legal expert.

And the only ones who are suffering here are those of us who repeatedly see your obsessive posts on incest and polygamy.

I have zero compassion for you or solidarity with you. You have made yourself out to be a fool. No one can take you seriously at this point.

The Fruitcake has left the building.
jon

New Cuyama, CA

#194201 Jun 2, 2013
skg wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you understand you cant vote on unconstitutional issues. That is the whole point. Look into the issue.
I'm not for or against this, people can/should be able to make these decisions for themselves, but at the same time the United States is currently trying to modify our constitution especially here in California when it comes to our second and other amendments it does not matter what WE THE PEOPLE have to say the government will do whatever they want
Arrowed again

San Dimas, CA

#194202 Jun 2, 2013
A Chino, California woman has filed a $1 million claim against the city of Irwindale, California claiming she was sexually assaulted and forced to perform oral sex by an Irwindale police officer.

The assault occurred about 5:15 a.m. October 20, 2012, near Azusa Canyon Road and Arrow Highway.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194203 Jun 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
All you've provided so far are a couple of OPINION pieces--nothing factual by a scientist, psychologist, physician, or legal expert.
And the only ones who are suffering here are those of us who repeatedly see your obsessive posts on incest and polygamy.
I have zero compassion for you or solidarity with you. You have made yourself out to be a fool. No one can take you seriously at this point.
Translation- I cannot rebut Frankie's arguments so I'll call him a fool and dismiss him.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194204 Jun 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided plenty of evidence but you have only supplied opinion against it.

Come to think of it you have only provided opinion about same sex marriage and no scientific evidence or proof.

You cannot prove away bigotry. You are a bigot. You are against marriage equality, and I am not. I support your rights, you deny others those same rights then call me a fool.

Mull that over juicy fruits.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194205 Jun 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't read very well. It was Kimare who decided that it's too complicated to legalize same-gender marriage. He complained that he might have to learn new terminology.
Gnaw on his ass for a while.
All your reasons to deny equal rights to polyamorists are bogus and just opinion.

How does it feel to argue against marriage equality for others while demanding it for yourself, power trooper? There's a name for that. Hypocrite.
Bud Longneck

Rock Island, IL

#194206 Jun 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All your reasons to deny equal rights to polyamorists are bogus and just opinion.
How does it feel to argue against marriage equality for others while demanding it for yourself, power trooper? There's a name for that. Hypocrite.
Still demanding equal rights? Frankie you cant marry your goat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Modesto Gets the Blues (Jun '09) Apr 14 Klinetimeagain 2
How can a person be punished for false charges ... Apr 13 Klinetimeagain 2
Always makes a good day. Apr 13 Klinetimeagain 2
News Police: Naked intruder fell asleep in couple's bed (Jul '14) Apr 13 brooke 3
Why is modesto so slow drab and not with it? Apr 12 Klinetimeagain 1
Would You Like to Save Money Wine Tasting? Mar 28 howefortunate 1
karen partain Feb '18 Laura Yarbrough 2

Oakdale Jobs

Personal Finance

Oakdale Mortgages