Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,443)

Showing posts 168,841 - 168,860 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First, don't take that tone with me.
I am Brucie
Hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First, don't take that tone with me.
Second, the standard of marriage HAS NOT always been 1 man, 1 woman. Read some history once in a while.
Finally, you think that the majority of people ALWAYS make the right decision? Ever hear of mob mentality? Ever hear of slavery? Ever hear of the Salem Witch Trials? Ever hear of the "Moral Majority"? "THE MAJORITY" has gotten it wrong MANY times! Frankly, I don't give a DAMN what the majority thinks.
You don't get to vote on rights and protections that impact me without a fight!
Too funny! Relax fruitcake.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take that tone with you? I just did, and shall continue to do so, as I see fit! Why don't you bring your big ass over here, and sort me out?....Yeah.....thought so.
Now, on to business.....
The standard of marriage was defined to set a family unit, heretofore defined as: " 1 husband, 1 wife and X amount of children". Do some research yourself. "The majority"? We don't count. We know that. We have no right to declare what we find proper. We are not allowed to have any say in our surroundings. We don't get to shield our children against indecencies. We have to stand idly, while our children are robbed of their innocence. Don't preach to me about "The Majority", which used to count, until some fools got their hands on law degrees, and decided to exploit some loopholes, and to twist the Constitution, even to the point of claiming (falsely) that the 14th Amendment (An Amendment concerning racial issues) covered everyone! Ridiculous.
And, Swizzle-Stick, we didn't vote on any Rights and Protections that cover you, you were not included or intended to have any of these things for your purposes of validating sexual misbehavior. You have usurped the Corridors Of Power, and infiltrated our Capitol with lobbyists, giving BJ's under the desks, and greasing palms with $$ to get what you want. You cannot stomach a fight. It's why you use words like "fear" to describe the fight that you are getting.
Sit down, before I put you there...
Baby, I'd LOVE to see you come over here and put my 6'5", 250# ass anywhere! You may need to get pumped up on some steroids or bring a few of your friends, because not only am I a BIG faggot, I'm a mean and angry faggot!

Do you think gay people get to the age of 47 without having to deal with morons like you? I DON'T back down!

And if YOU don't like the way the system works, then YOU need to haul your ass to some third-world, back-water country where unelected leaders dictate to the masses. That ain't how it works around here.

Who cares why the 14th Amendment was written? IF the 14th Amendment is applicable to the cases before the Supreme Court, then that will help our cause. If the justices decide that the 14th Amendment is not applicable, then it's back to the drawing board for us.

We WILL get what we want.

I think that what gets under your skin more than anything is that you know this. You know that you are powerless to stop same-sex marriage from becoming legal in the US. And that's why you guys get on here and throw little hissy fits about how gays are going to destroy traditional marriage and family.

And that's another thing you brought up--not being able to shield your kids from indecency... Please! You've GOT to be kidding!! If you have kids, they probably have access to the Internet, cable TV, violent video games, etc.

I guarantee you that your kids have been exposed to much more indecent things that gay people.

So, anytime you want to haul your ass over to Knoxville and "put me" anywhere, bring it... I ain't going anywhere!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want gay men to marry straight women and gay women to marry straight men? How do you think the straight women and straight men are going to feel about that? Would you want your straight son or daughter entering into a sham marriage with a gay person? Do you think they would be happy?
Sometimes it's best to think things through before you spout off and sound like a jack-ass.
I think it's REALLY rich for you to be concerned about the "devaluation of marriage". Have you looked at marriages lately? Have you looked at the divorce rates? Have you looked at the monstrosities that weddings have become? LGBT people are begging to have the right to marry their partners. We would very likely do a MUCH BETTER job at holding our marriages in check than heterosexuals. We certainly couldn't do much worse.
What specific improvements? Hmmm... How about every single right and protection that heterosexual couples currently value in their legal marriage? You know, like the Family Medical Leave Act, that allows a married partner to protect his/her job if his/her spouse becomes ill and needs to be cared for over an extended period of time. And then there are things like social security benefits, hospital visitation benefits, living in base housing if your spouse is in the armed forces, Medicare benefits... I won't go into the specifics, but there are some 1,000+ rights, protections and benefits that come with marriage.
Those rights, protections and benefits give couples a quality of life.
You want them to be called "civil unions"? Again, VERY petty. You're basically saying that we'll all be equal, just call it something else. How very adult of you.
I've challenged Kimare to show me an example of two contracts that are identical in every single way possible, only they have different names. I'll extend the challenge to you.
The legal system doesn't work that way. And it shouldn't.
If we are going to have every single right, protection and benefit of marriage, then it should be called marriage. To call it something else is absolutely ridiculous.
Oh, and one final thing... I don't fear polygamy. If polygamy becomes legal, it would have no impact on me personally. It's kind of like IRS laws that only apply to multi-millionaires. They don't impact me. I don't support polygamy as a personal choice for myself. And I would be concerned if a niece or nephew of mine would want to enter into a plural marriage. I would want them to know that I don't think they are really happy relationships--that they're often fraught with difficult relationship dynamics. And I wouldn't "support" them. But I'm not going to fight against them.
That's the difference between you and I. You are fighting against SSM. I am not fighting against polygamy. I'm simply not endorsing it.
Don't take that tone!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Don't take that tone with me!
Gongers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

There needs to a bounty put on their heads.

Another crooked COP, oops I mean more crooked cops.

Bong the Gong and get this mess over with.

A South Lake Tahoe, California police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Don't take that tone with me!

Haven't heard that since about 1968. Had a girlfriend in Memphis used to talk to me like that when she was mad at me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby, I'd LOVE to see you come over here and put my 6'5", 250# ass anywhere! You may need to get pumped up on some steroids or bring a few of your friends, because not only am I a BIG faggot, I'm a mean and angry faggot!
Do you think gay people get to the age of 47 without having to deal with morons like you? I DON'T back down!
And if YOU don't like the way the system works, then YOU need to haul your ass to some third-world, back-water country where unelected leaders dictate to the masses. That ain't how it works around here.
Who cares why the 14th Amendment was written? IF the 14th Amendment is applicable to the cases before the Supreme Court, then that will help our cause. If the justices decide that the 14th Amendment is not applicable, then it's back to the drawing board for us.
We WILL get what we want.
I think that what gets under your skin more than anything is that you know this. You know that you are powerless to stop same-sex marriage from becoming legal in the US. And that's why you guys get on here and throw little hissy fits about how gays are going to destroy traditional marriage and family.
And that's another thing you brought up--not being able to shield your kids from indecency... Please! You've GOT to be kidding!! If you have kids, they probably have access to the Internet, cable TV, violent video games, etc.
I guarantee you that your kids have been exposed to much more indecent things that gay people.
So, anytime you want to haul your ass over to Knoxville and "put me" anywhere, bring it... I ain't going anywhere!
Calm down fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that a bit like doing the cowboy thing, and not giving a reach-around?
Yep. Not even the courtesy of a reach around.
Gongers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

There needs to a bounty put on their heads, secret hot line to turn them all in at once.

Another crooked COP, oops I mean more crooked cops.

Bong the Gong and get this mess over with.

A South Lake Tahoe, California police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK... Looks like we're getting somewhere...
If you don't believe that homosexuality is a sin or sign of brokenness, then I guess we can count on your support of same-sex marriage.
Thanks in advance...
You really are a moron aren't you? That's what happens to people who make assumptions and can only argue their position with a limited selection of talking points.

Fact is, you really have no idea what my position is on this do you? Sad considering I have explained it to you numerous times. Again, not showing much support for your claim to having a Graduate Degree.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
I see that the Lucky Charms Fairy is at it, again...
Daddy's back?

Was Daddy's back all hairy?

Tell me all about it.

No, really.

:-)
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious.
Thanks. Sometimes things just write themselves.

Here's the inspiration:

http://hearitwow.blogspot.com/2007/07/stimulu...

Fourth on the list.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
On one thing I think we can all agree. That Bruno clown is a third rate jackass!
Am I right? Anyone disagree?
Too funny!
You are a twisted fake Riizzoto boi. I've seen what this thread thinks about you ... lol you have no room to talk you short little fat bo, and this "works" just fine for me no matter what you say. Now go away, I'm going to enjoy my day as a Vet.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I got this right? You can't spell, claim to be Bruno, who disagrees with SSM, and you are cozying up to VV, who supports the same issue that you ridicule Frank for supporting? Is there something in the water, or am I misreading something?
Never mind your stupidity. Yu are no Rock Hudson, you look more like a gay homeless person smoking cigs you find in the gutters. Call Riizzoto boi for a good BF & BJ you loser. Don't bother me
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Alex Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have had too many erections to orally service over this weekend. All that man-load has gone to your head and has made you stupider than a bag of rocks.
Too funny and I agree

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetz, you wouldn't be the first goofball I've come across that was your size, and brought down easily. Don't get your manly-cure in a ruffle, acting the fool, by playing "Radio Rambo". You don't think that I'd get to 50, and not learned some things, do you? Do you imagine that, as lippy as I can be, I've not had to do that a few times? I see that you are allowed to use the word faggot, although I am not. I'd be surprised if it goes through, without forcing me to edit. The 14th Amendment is not for you, it is for racial issues, as you well know. What gets under my skin is watching you assign the word "fear" to your opponents, to describe their feeling the same way about SSM, as you do about polygamy, but watching you call it "fear" when we argue against you, but watching you deny the same applicable description, when you describe your own feelings. Laudable. As per my kids, do you think that they should have their innocence ripped away from them, at the age of 6 or 7, just to validate your unethical ways? If my kids have been exposed to anything indecent, it's because America has become indecent. I'll be glad to let you know when I am next in your part of the holler, I get that way once in a while. And, it's been a while since I last dropped a big buffoon (like you seem to be), might still have some of my old ways on tap... Don't you know that big fools rely on their size to carry the day, but rarely have the speed necessary to adequately defend themselves. Not that I'd be an aggressor, I'm a peaceful man, most of the time, just don't catch me on the wrong day...
The 14th Amendment was created to address issues related to slavery--primarily making them citizens, NOT racial issues. It has been used for racial issues most recently and has been used by corporations, especially now that they have been given many of the same rights as people.

And you just need to remember that gay people aren't easy targets. I don't sweat people like you. I've had to watch my back all of my life. I've faced down many people in my time. I don't scare easily. So save your bluster for someone else.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the MANY things that I'd been taught, years ago, was to step on your foot, while lunging into you...Works very well, when executed properly. Then, you'd be looking up, from your back, at a very bad-tempered Badger.. Not a good position to be in.. That is "Big BooFoo 101" stuff, there's plenty more, after that.
Step on my foot while lunging at me?!? That's hysterical! Will you be wearing your Mary-Jane's and a baby-doll dress at the time? Will you hair be in pig-tails too?

Sounds like you learned how to fight from your baby sister...
USMC M 3 26 Semper Fi

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Have a safe Memorial Day.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
Dear Mr. Vermillion,
I'm sorry that you are a mean and angry faggot [sic], I didn't make you that way. That is probably the best reason that anyone can have for seeking therapy, and to give up any claims of being a social worker. Couldn't allow your emotions to rule your decision-making process. Perhaps, you could find some work at your local farm, throwing hay bales? You should find an outlet for your pent-up rage, and not say things that are in obvious contradiction to your claim that you are rational. Imagine my glee at seeing you react so poorly to a blog, it was the best thing I've seen all week. You have a button....LOL. I'm sorry that you are not a happy person. If you were born faulty, you cannot blame normal people for noticing this.
:-D
Hey, I was only responding to your post where you said, "Why don't you bring your big ass over here, and sort me out?....Yeah.....thought so." and "Sit down, before I put you there..."

You seem to think that gays are an easy target--that we're shrinking violets--frightened of you. I'm sure that in your mind you see most gay men as little, wimpy men, who are only good at dancing and decorating. I was just letting you know that we're not all nervous gazelles.

I use my rage to my advantage. It's taken me far in life.

You started this entire conversation with your attempted show of force. Don't act surprised or believe that you've pushed any of my buttons when you threaten to "put me" anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,841 - 168,860 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakdale Discussions

Search the Oakdale Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Freak accident sends chisel through gym window Jul 11 Waitress 6
Police: Inmate used laundry basket to escape Jul 9 lagina Saylor 8
Loch Ness monster it ain't: 6-foot croc in Greece Jul 9 Greg Luganis 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••